Parrot Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daran2012

Registered Shopper
Yet again I had to turn the sound down because the constant, incessant repeating of the telephone number was driving me to insanity, why oh why do they have to do this?, No other shopping channel does this and even if you tuned in for the very first time, the ****** number is on the bottom of the screen, Guy is the worse for this especially when he has run out of things to say, he just looks at the screen repeating the number every 5 seconds. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guy is definitely the worse for doing this, he says the number about every 15 seconds - mostly because he rarely says anything about the actual products.

Peter Simon used to describe the number as "The most famous number in Television" - I guess in the same way that every producer/presenter/cameraman he works with is 'award winning'.

I can just about ignore the repetition of the phone number, but the one thing that makes me want to shout at the screen is when presenters insist on counting down the number of items that have been sold. The number that they've sold is on screen! I can read! I don't need an audible countdown!

OMG! I never realised how much Guy mentioned the number! "there and only 3 press 1 and it's yours. 0904. Look at the eyes, look at that fur, it's just gorgeous. 0904 251 2000. It doesn't look aggressive, it's got that beautiful look. The moon behind it. Animals are victims didn't you know? 0904 251 2000 press 1 and this is yours. If you want it get in if now that's fine, we have a soup maker coming up next. 0904 251 2000. (10 second pause) just a few pennies coming off this. 0904 251 2000. Lets start the clock 3,2,1 go! 0904 251 2000!" LOL

another example of parrot presenters is that ****** annoying Caroline woman, with her incessant, 'quick, quick, quick' 'go, go, go' 'good work,
she does my head in

Latest posts

Back