2013 Support thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh Calvin, you traitor!!!!

I haven't been to WW for quite a few weeks and am really struggling. I know I'm not much over my limit but it is so hard to cut down again. I have completely lost the plot and I know my portion sizes are one of my biggest problems. I do hear good reports about SW but somehow still feel loyal to WW. I do hope you succeed in losing the weight you want to lose - it's so much easier to lose than to maintain, isn't it?

At least you are motivated enough to make a change and not just let it all pile on again so good for you.

Good luck!

I was a little disappointed with my 1lb loss this week as I'd expected to do a bit better. However, I'm not going to let that set me back! I had a chat with my SW consultant after and she went over my food diary, showing me where I went wrong. My portion sizes are fine, FW, but I'm a huge fridge picker, and that's a real down fall. Truth be told, I raid the cupboards too with huge spoonfuls of peanut butter being my current downfall. And Nutella! It's hard to ditch the bad habits, but I'll have to try harder.

Went to WW last night for the first time in 8 weeks! Despite to short breaks I had put on only 1 pound (although I have to start paying again next week) so that wasn't as bad as I thought. It's such a struggle but I do feel better when I'm not carrying extra weight.

Hoping everyone is coping well with the heat. Personally, I look forward to slightly cooler weather!

Lost 3.5 lb this week but did stick to it with no cheats. I went out last night for a meal and had lots of wine so i will need to be good for the rest of the week.

Well done, miss molly, that's a great loss, you must be feeling very encouraged. I'm glad you went back, Felinewoman, even though you have to pay this week! I know that for many of us, keeping weight off is a life-time struggle!! I lost another pound this week, and am trying to stay encouraged. I am feeling terribly bloated in this heat and I too would like to see the temperatures drop a little!

I've had a very full " social Calender" the past two weeks so I've put a few naughty lbs back on, they will come off eventually although it takes longer to get them off than to put on lol. But I realise that you have to enjoy these events as and when they happen or else life would be boring wouldn't it?

Life would be very dull without a few events indeed, Nora! I got half a pound off this week and was a little disappointed. I had a chat with my consultant and I need to re-vamp my lunches. I was eating far too much at lunch, including mounds of rice or pasta and feeling a bit bloated, as I thought this was all part and parcel if the SW plan. I shall have to learn to keep my portions in check!

Sadly it's all about portion control, no getting away from the fact!
There's no doubt about that, felinewoman. I'm sure we've all seen articles on the net or in the press about how plate sizes have increased over the years, as have portions in restaurants and fast-food outlets. A pal who goes to SW has two teenage sons with enormous appetites and she has bought smaller cereal/dessert bowls to use in the home. The boys don't notice the portions are smaller, they just see full bowls! How did you get on last night?

Well ladies ive taken the plunge lol, re-joined ww online on Tuesday and today is my first weigh in. x

Life would be very dull without a few events indeed, Nora! I got half a pound off this week and was a little disappointed. I had a chat with my consultant and I need to re-vamp my lunches. I was eating far too much at lunch, including mounds of rice or pasta and feeling a bit bloated, as I thought this was all part and parcel if the SW plan. I shall have to learn to keep my portions in check!

What did she say Calvin as my consultant says eat as much as you like? I did not go last night as was working but i have had a really picky week and feel bloated today. My OH is doing the 5:2 plan and the weight is dropping off him grrrrrrr. My downfall is wine i just can't resist it after a long day in work.

Exercise certainly helps as it burns calories and tones, but weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. As far as eating what you want, our consultant said that although SW doesn't count calories, if you are eating excessive amounts of free foods, you will exceed the recommended calorie intake and won't lose weight. She also quoted a passage from the booklets about appetite, saying that you have to eat to your appetite, but not stuff yourself. Unfortunately, I can't find this in the books right now!!

I've been following the 5:2 diet for a few weeks now but the book I bought suggested 1000 cal a day instead of 500. I've been doing 2 consecutive days in the week - moving them around if necessary to accommodate life schedules.
The recipes in the book I bought are really tasty, even OH likes them. The book is called 'the two day diet cookbook' by Dr Michelle harvie.
I've also bought ' the Hairy dieters eat for life: how to love food, lose weight and keep it off for good' jus t to give me ideas but I am finding loads of recipes online.
So far I've lost 3 KGS. I don't need to lose much more as I was only slightly over my weight target having been ill and also having had an operation.
So nice to be able to wear my favorite clothes again.
I'm planning to keep it up and possibly reduce to one day a week if I find my weight stabilises.
I also have a fitbit which I use everyday to ensure that I walk at least 5000 steps in the week and 10000 at weekends.

I haven't posted on here for ages. I haven't been very disciplined of late and the last 2 weeks have been disastrous. Haven't been to WW in ages either what with one thing and another. I really need to buckle down and put in a bit more effort. I'll be OK one day and then binge the next. Glad to hear everyone is doing well, even the defectors to Slimming World!

Latest posts

Back