if it wasn't for the p&p and the phone call ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheeky chappie

Registered Shopper
... would these channels still exist / be viable for their owners?

have never bought from any shopping channel but confess to channel hopping on to them when nothing else to watch, I think I find them so bad they're good if that makes sense?

I get fed up hearing statements like 'it's a better buy to you ...' or 'we're losing money on this...' as I suspect, if they're telling the truth they mean on the basic cost of the item, however with the p&p and phone call profit added they'll be in profit (however small) otherwise it simply wouldn't be possible for them to operate!

I also noticed the words 'per item' appear under the £7.99 p&p graphic on bid ... for a day or so ... then it disappeared again. am I right in thinking they were maybe slapped on the wrist by some sort of broadcasting body and told to put the 'per item' on the screen?

on the subject of p&p, £7.99 may be reasonable value on larger/heavier items however on something like a £2.99 bracelet? I don't think so. and if you were to multi-buy up to 9 of these bracelets, am I right in thinking that would be £71.91 p&p??? for 9 x cheap/tacky items that have cost you £26.91 (in this example) do they really have the gall to charge all that p&p PER ITEM?!?

as I say I enjoy watching the channels in-between proper telly (whatever that is these days!) but the bid group really do take the proverbial in my opinion.

Hi cheeky chappie and welcome.
You're absolutely right, some of their techniques are dubious to say the least and some others are downright dodgy!
Stick with us and have a laugh!

Yes it's £1.53 per call and £7.99 per item. Regardless of the size of the product you buy.

Rip-off merchants, the lot of them.

Latest posts

Back