Australian Open Tennis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
Live coverage on SKY begins tonight at midnight. :mysmilie_866:Are you ready for it girls?? :nod: Not happy that my boy is still out with his knee problem so I'll have to support Novak instead. Hoping that my second Spanish fancy, Ferrer, can go deep into the tournament this year after his stella season in 2012. Will be rooting for Del Potro too. Don't leave me chatting to meself :grin:this year, all join in and give us your thoughts and hopes. One slight worry, I wonder if play will be suspended at any time due to the extreme heat atm??:wonder:

I love the tennis, can't see the balls well but I know what's what lol. Love Novak & Ferrer. Andy just won his last tournement so will probably do well, again. Huge Federer fan. Not got sky sports, but will find a way x

:clapping:

I hope that you are fully refreshed and ready for your viewing from midnight. I may not share your passion for the game of tennis but knowing how I love watching or attending the odd game of rugby I truly understand how you are looking forward to the event. Happy viewing. :whew: You may need a few drinks :beer: seeing them playing in such weather :glass: or even :coffee:.

I'll share my enthusiasm PPC. Sorry your Nadal won't be in the competition but let's hope he will be fit for future Grand Slam Tournaments this year.

I listened to Murray winning on the radio last night. I don't think I've ever listened to a tennis match before! I was going to watch it, but I had a headache and since I always go to sleep with the radio on it worked nicely. The commentary was so good I could see it happening!

Great fightback from Heather Watson!! After losing the first set to Pervak 4-6 our girl fought hard to win the second on a tie break 7-6 (9-7) after facing 4 match points in the third :eek: but stormed home to take the third 6-2 despite having a bout of cramp in the extremely hot conditions. Through to the 3rd round now to meet Radwanska which will be a toughie. I like Heather she's gutsy and such a lovely smiley little thing....and doesn't do all that horrendous grunting and shrieking!!

I'm more of a Laura Robson fan than Heather Watson, but I've just noticed that Laura is playing Kvitova tomorrow morning. I'm out tomorrow morning and sadly won't get to see it. It'll be a really good test for Laura to see how close she can run her. I'd love to see her win obviously.

I don't start staying up until silly o'clock until the quarter final stages, so will hear how Andy Murray did when I get up tomorrow. Go Andy!!!!!

Laura was doing well with one set each but has just been broken in the 3rd and trails 0-2 so she's going to have to dig very deep to win this match now. Robson has a very bright future but I can't really take to her that much ever since her comment a couple of years about other female players behaving like sluts.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/te...a-Robson-describes-some-players-as-sluts.html
As she plays doubles with Murray and he made an equally contraversial comment about wanting anyone to beat England in the 2006 World Cup they appear to be a match made in heaven.

Andy Murray and Laura Robson are both playing in the early hours of tomorrow morning, so I'll miss both of those matches. Fingers crossed for them both.

Just finished watching Djokovic v Wawrinka. I only saw the last set, but what a set!! Wrong result for me, and I do wish Djokovic wouldn't rip his shirt off like that - he loves himself a bit too much for my liking. haha

Just finished watching Djokovic v Wawrinka. I only saw the last set, but what a set!! Wrong result for me, and I do wish Djokovic wouldn't rip his shirt off like that - he loves himself a bit too much for my liking. haha

What a match!! Had me hooked!!

It was an incredible match Lippy totally spellbinding!! :nod: I really thought Wawrinka was going to pull it off cos I've never seen him play as well as that, such powerful shots and a sublime backhand plus a wonderful serve when he's in top form. I was so disappointed for Stani :sad: and even though I do like Novak I agree with you about the shirt ripping thing, it gets on my tits too :angry: I can't see anyone beating him though.

Wozniaki is out in the early rounds again and I do think her game has suffered since she started sha....g erm dating Rory McIlroy but that's lurrve for you :grin: and as he's recently become the richest sportsman in the world due to his sponsorship contract with Nike at least she won't have to rely on her own prize money lol. Sorry to see Radwanska go out but Li Na is a fab player who has improved leaps and bounds in the last year or so and nearly always manages to get into the last eight despite her lack of height and bulk and without grunting and shrieking so I really enjoy watching her. Unfortunately it looks odds on that the younger Williams brother (the HUGE fuzzy hair she's currently sporting looks ridiculous imo :rolleyes:) will sweep all aside and win yet another Slam...unless she sprains her ankle or something...:devil:

Shocked Del Potro is out but Chardy is a deceptively good player who doesn't get the attention he deserves so Gitface may have a tougher match on his hands than he thinks in their match especially as Chardy beat him last year in Cincinatti. Go Chardy!! :happy:

Lovely David Ferrer had a very tough 5 set match earlier today with his fellow countryman Almagro but he never stops fighting and you could tell he was absolutely delighted with his win. Go David!!!!:mysmilie_378:

Gitface marches on!!!!! But plays Fed in the semi-final. Come on Andy!!!!!!!!!!

Loved your "Williams brother" comment, PPC. :)

I need matchsticks and IV coffee to keep awake after watching the Sloane/ Serena match. So pleased she held her nerve to come through, although It may have helped a little that Serena seemed to injure her back. Then again, some players really struggle to finish out against an injured player. So well done Sloane. Then Murray vs Chardy finally ending up with Fed vs Tsonga. Great match Tsonga almost had him. So wanted Tsonga to win.

Sorry, not been around much to make any comments but had to pop by to say that I'm pleased to see that Roger has got the second set. I'm afraid I still can't warm to Andy, no matter how hard I try!! Need to go out now so wonder what the final result will be?

What a fabulous display of a temper/tantrum throwing little child from Serena.....think it's time the match was automatically awarded to the opponent when these outbursts take place during play, especially when it involves breaking the racquet!

Latest posts

Back