Australian Open Tennis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Came back in at the start of the 4th set tie-break and I thought Roger had probably turned the corner. Would have preferred him to win but I have to say that Andy played brilliantly to clinch the 5th set so impressively. He really is a changed person as two years ago I don't think he would have pulled it back so I do think Lendl has had a wonderful calming influence on him. Let's see if he can add to his U.S. Open win on Sunday.....hope it will be a great match!

YAY!!!! Well done Novak!!! 3 Aussies in a row!!! :mysmilie_378:Not a classic match by any means and Gitface was back to his old tetchy self when things weren't going his way :rolleyes: and how can a professional player get so distracted by a ****** feather??? :wonder: Imho Murray wouldn't have had such a successful 2012 if Rafa (his nemesis) had been playing and I doubt very much if he would have got into the final this year if Fed hadn't had that gruelling 5 set match against Tsonga in the quarters. Anyway now perhaps Gitface will stop that stupid pointing towards the sky when he does win a match and I will forgive Novak for any shirt ripping malarkey because he really is a superman especially on hard courts. :muscle: Now roll on the French and hopefully the return of Rafa. :rock:

In mourning! I thought Murray had it in the bag until his blisters got the better of him. Never mind ~ Roll on Wimbledon!

Where is everyone lol??? :mysmilie_61:

Not around much but that doesn't mean I've lost interest in my favourite sport! You're right, it wasn't such a great match and I was disappointed to see Andy beginning to show his irritation towards the end as I really thought he was a changed character.....maybe as a result of maturity, the influence of Lendl and, of course, his recent successes. Still, I was pleased to see my second favourite player of current times win another Championship title!!

only just seen this thread and step aside ppc - that would be my rafa :tongue:

Latest posts

Back