Bethlehem Lights TSV 21/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dolly. How much light do the lilies give out? I want something for my hall that has more than a bit of a glow but not quite a table lamp.

I've been tempted by the white lillies all day, they are limited stock so haven't much longer to decide... Thing is I was all set this morning as I thought, I had an easy pay email, but when I re read it, it was just telling me about easy pay on certain things :-((

Oh thankyou Wrongsideof40, will go try it :)
Tried it there, kept saying not recognised, will give them a ring

Last edited:
Dolly. How much light do the lilies give out? I want something for my hall that has more than a bit of a glow but not quite a table lamp.

Hi TB. I succumbed to the Calla Lillies just before Christmas when they were on 3EP. In fact, I ordered two sets! Luckily (?) one of the vases was smashed - even though securely packed (and has been mentioned more than once in the reviews). Realised I didn't need a matching pair at all and meant I could return at their expense.

Anyway, they are a lovely centrepiece but hardly give out any light at all. Not all the flowers have an LED light in them so I would say a very soft glow.:smile:

I agree with Rebus. They tend to give a muted glow rather than a strong light but they are pretty. It does depend if the bulb is encased within the flower head or is within the foliage. If within the foliage, it tends to be a brighter light.

I have bought quite a few of the BL arrangements over the past year and really do like them. I have the cream tulips in a vase, the cream african violets, the cream lilies in a plantpot and a lovely little harvest arrangement I got from clearance just before Christmas. In my opinion, the lilies in the plantpot - 760088 - are brighter than the lilies in the vase and is quite a big arrangement too. ( Most of the prices have gone up over the past few months:down: )

I think the brightest light is from the BL Cathedral lanterns I got with the luminara flickering candles - a lot brighter than the flower arrangements.

I must say though, that is quite nice when they turn themselves on each day, esp if I come home early evening to the welcoming glow.

err - don't get me started on the Pacific Accents flameless candles I bought as well, they too are lovely and well worth the money. :giggle:

sorry for waffling on.............:blush:

oh I'm dithering I love light up things and have just the spot for the pink one! :mysmilie_845: oh too late - never mind!

I tried Waitlist but my credit card expires in March so they are not having that!

Last edited:
Thank you Dolly & Rebus. That's not going to work for me. I'll have to find some kind of small lamp I think. I just don't like coming home to a dark house late at night nor do I like leaving a light on. Seems such a waste.

Having one if those cone Christmas decorations (a red sparkly cone lit from inside) in the hall made me realise that's the sort of light I want. Something but bit a 40 watt bulb bright light.

Thank you Dolly & Rebus. That's not going to work for me. I'll have to find some kind of small lamp I think. I just don't like coming home to a dark house late at night nor do I like leaving a light on. Seems such a waste.

Having one if those cone Christmas decorations (a red sparkly cone lit from inside) in the hall made me realise that's the sort of light I want. Something but bit a 40 watt bulb bright light.

hmm - what about the mini light strand then - 759996 - wrapped around a nice vase? They are very bright ( I forgot, i have some of those as well). Bet they would do the job and welcome you home every evening.

edit: I still think the potted calla lilies - 760088 - would be ok for you Just looking at mine now and they are bright.xx

Last edited:
hmm - what about the mini light strand then - 759996 - wrapped around a nice vase? They are very bright ( I forgot, i have some of those as well). Bet they would do the job and welcome you home every evening.

edit: I still think the potted calla lilies - 760088 - would be ok for you Just looking at mine now and they are bright.xx

Have to say I was impressed with the TSV! Looked very pretty with or without the lights. I've got auto delivery for peony so didn't go for it but have to admit it looked lovely.

Thats the kind of thing Im after too Tinkerbelle,, our hallway has no windows so i have large twigs out of Ikea with just a string of fairy lights strung round them & leave these on all day when Im there & in the evenings for just a bit of a glow,, s'pose we could get a wee mains timer to set ourselves for them to turn on, but I like the idea of the batteries & timer as opposed to electric.

I'm sure she said that the strings of lights also had a photosensitive setting, so when it gets dark they come on automatically. This would at least mean you came back to some form of lighting when it's dark. They go off when you turn the mains lights on.

Alternatively, I might have gone mad and imagined it. :eek:

I'm sure she said that the strings of lights also had a photosensitive setting, so when it gets dark they come on automatically. This would at least mean you came back to some form of lighting when it's dark. They go off when you turn the mains lights on.

Alternatively, I might have gone mad and imagined it. :eek:

yes, you are right. They do have a light sensor or can be set on auto daily timer or ad hoc.

Latest posts

Back