Speed Auction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shoptilidrop

Registered Shopper
I wonder why speed auction was only available on Freeview for a short time? I haven't ever bought anything from speed auction but i would have thought it would have made sense to keep the channel on Freeview permanently to get more buyers in. Occasionally I tune in to watch Lisa Brash and it seems as if its only her mother who buys from her!

It was only for a month and they did shift more items when they were on freeview. Now this bid plus nonsense seems to be replacing speed auction with speed auction starting later and later.

As I've said before - they'd have paid a premium to be on Freeview before Christmas, with it being their busiest period of the year it was probably worth it but look at Bid & Price Drop, they're not selling a great deal after Christmas and that's with a Freeview slot. So probably doesn't make a lot of sense to pay a premium for Speed to be on Freeview when sales are generally crass of late.

It was Sky TV, they wanted it as a premium channel
Typical family: "Oh yeah, we may be broke but we're DEFINITELY keeping our Sky Family Pack subscription just to see some nonentity desperately try to sell something..."

:mysmilie_15:

(Actually that sounds like typical BSkyB reasoning to me, though they must be utterly desperate in order to deter channels like that from going on Freeview.)

We only have Freeview (there's enough dross on TV without paying for it) So we've never seen Speed.

It looks like bid plus has replaced Speed Auction, it's not been on for a while and Lisa Brash has moved to price-drop.

It looks like bid plus has replaced Speed Auction, it's not been on for a while and Lisa Brash has moved to price-drop.

Speed is no longer mentioned on the Sky Guide anymore so you must be right. I'm not surprised, they were lucky if they shifted £1000 of stock in a whole shift. Simon Davies had a dire night last week, he barely sold a thing.

Latest posts

Back