Past Bargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
Forgetting the rubbish they sell these days, can you remember bargains you have had in the past?
I have bought:
2 Viners canteens of cutlery. One for every day and the other for 'posh' bought for cheaper than the high street and both regularly in service,

Complete Miss Marple DVD set. Cheaper than Play.com even with postage

2 leather weekend bags, regularly packed to the the gunnels and still as good as the day they were bought

Several items of costume jewellery , unlike what they are selling now which is cheap and nasty and falls to pieces within weeks

Elizabeth Arden products in a sort of travel case, with a handbag size pouch.

Can't remember any further back as haven't bought anything from them for ages. We just watch now when there's nothing else on, or long adverts. If we see something we like, we google it to find it cheaper and always do

Last edited:
I've had some lovely bits of bargain silver/gold jewellery from them in the past. I totally agree that there doesn't seem to be any bargains to be had at Q now though. Like you, anything I fancy I google and inevitably find it cheaper elsewhere. With the inflated prices and whopping p&p I don't see any real advantages shopping with them. The days of the great value tsv has long gone sadly.

Abercrombie and Fitch sweat shirt, viners cutlery set, red door perfume set complete with lg tube of 8 hour cream all at bargain prices!

A viners cutlery set, soft touch sheets, a leather weekend bag (still being used and still looking good,) a leaf blower/hoover (£30 cheaper than the identical one on Amazon,) duvet sets, towels, hoover, Morphy Richards kettle, some DIY stuff and casserole dishes - to name but a few. All needed because I was setting up a new home and all bought before tanzanite and worry angels hit the screens. :wink:

Satin Bedding bought from Speed Auction for around a fiver plus the usual extras - almost 2 years ago, isn't looking (as I do wash it!) it's age at all and still has all its buttons in tact.

Set of 4 ice cream cone style dishes for a few quid - almost a year ago, very happy!

Latest posts

Back