Bellapierre.. Anyone tried it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Latchi

Registered Shopper
Was wondering what this mineral foundation was like, Im a LG B&B girl & Im near the end of my current one & was thinking of getting this for a wee change, any thoughts? I've an easy pay email burning a hole in my inbox lol

they are vultures. Firstly I always see loads of the range in my TKMaxx.

There is a counter in my House of Fraser which is going soon due to lack of sales. Hurrah. They do not pay their staff who have to work on a commission only thing. So their traffic stopping in stores is a nightmare, they will even stalk you out of the cosmetic hall. Grab customers away from someone on another counter still serving them. I now just totally blank the reminding SA they have, he jumps out at me each week and asks, "Do you wear makeup, which brands?" I answered him the first few times politely, now all bets are off. Loads complaints to the cosmetic hall manager and she has a word but same thing happens. They have gone through staff like nobodies business. You can judge a company by how they treat their staff.

One friend who did actually sit down with them had a massive reaction to the foundation anyway.

Lots of Bellapierre in both TKMaxxes in the town I live in and the other I work in. It does not shift - the sets have been lingering, and getting grubbier, there for weeks on end. Even the red reduced sticker doesn't seem to shift them.

Lots of Lauren Luke eye palettes too for a fiver.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Was wondering what this mineral foundation was like, Im a LG B&B girl & Im near the end of my current one & was thinking of getting this for a wee change, any thoughts? I've an easy pay email burning a hole in my inbox lol

I've used it and hit pan and really like it. I like the fact that it is pressed, it doesn't have a lot of ingredients and it works. As with most mineral powders the trick is to use a little and buff and buff and buff until your arm falls off and frankly I can get a better result in a less time with a good liquid foundation/TM but for the warmer months when my oilier skin goes into overdrive this works really well.
I think that there is some problems with shades though, so it maybe worth lurking around the HoF counters to have a try out. Hope that helps.

Thank you ladies, I will stick to my Laura Geller, Donna thats horrendous, Glad I know that, certainly helps make my mind up!! Is that the one in Vic Sq? Havent been in HOF for ages.

Bellapierre is in my local TK Maxx too & I've never been tempted.

It's always on Brandalley too at greatly reduced prices.

I've used it and hit pan and really like it. I like the fact that it is pressed, it doesn't have a lot of ingredients and it works. As with most mineral powders the trick is to use a little and buff and buff and buff until your arm falls off and frankly I can get a better result in a less time with a good liquid foundation/TM but for the warmer months when my oilier skin goes into overdrive this works really well.
I think that there is some problems with shades though, so it maybe worth lurking around the HoF counters to have a try out. Hope that helps.

If you are having to buff like that a la BE ( anyone remember the buffing thread done to the tune of Muffin the Mule) then it must contain similar ingredients to BE re bismuth and titanium dioxide.

Thank you ladies, I will stick to my Laura Geller, Donna thats horrendous, Glad I know that, certainly helps make my mind up!! Is that the one in Vic Sq? Havent been in HOF for ages.

Yes, that is the only counter we have in the North. I try to look at the Laura Mercier which is beside it and the guy pounces on me. The new Wild About Beauty range is on the other side and a nightmare to just stop for a look without him jumping on you. Lucky he was nowhere in site yesterday morning.

Why are they so pushy on cosmetic counters it puts me off buying,although they are even worse in America,that's why I like Sephora shame they left the UK.
Lynn:cool:

I have tried this brand but find the Light too Light and the next one up Cinnamon to dark. There is one in between called Latte but QVC don't stock it. Don't know why that is, lots of the reviewers seem to have a problem finding quite the right shade.
Have to say the brush they sell with it is lush and works really well with the new BE Ready :nod:

Those sales techniques are appalling Donna ... not surprised there have been complaints.

Some online retailers sell samples of bellapierre, that's how I tried it before buying their pressed mineral foundation and brush. I sweep it on like laura gellers bnb rather than buff like BE

Jabba your from Norn Iron, you know how to ignore them!!

I do read horror stories of people refusing to into certain department stores in the US because of how pushy the SAs are. Someone once said it was like a computer game fighting your way to the counter you really wanted to go to.

Donna that is true,they stalk you it is very uncomfortable and puts you off buying anything it's hard not to br rude to them.
Lynn

You haven't seen pushy until you've been to NYC
Absolutely unbelievable

My friend was in NYC before Xmas & she said it was like that episode out of friends where Joey is sampling aftershave in a dept store & him & another sampler both run at a customer at the same time! She said it was like running a dept store gauntlet!
Im sure yer man in Vic Sq has had a few choice words thrown his way though lol!

Blimey when I was last in NY about 5 years ago I honestly don't remember it being like that. It was just very very busy. Must be the recession and less people going over for all their Christmas goodies like they used to. Perhaps the dollar/pound ratio is not as good? Less tourists? Who knows?

Latest posts

Back