Mally evercolour poreless face defender

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not yet but good question as Ive often wondered. There are so many similar products out there it's difficult to know what to pick isn't it?

Ive always been fascinated by the demo of this product as it looks kind of waxy on the screen.

Thanks DJ
I get the impression that you can wear it both over and under your make up.

Mally says it is better than powder as doesn't settle into creases. But I find that depends on the powder. The modern finely milled ones do not show up like the older translucent face powders did.

I love it - but only under my makeup, never been able to get it to work over. I use it when I'm having a good skin day and just want to put a powder on top.

Lol Charlie... The Mally police will be after you as she was scathing about using powder.

Good to know how it works for you.

I use powder too - usually Christopher Drummond finale in Branca (well I would, wouldn't I) but although it gives a great matte finish it does seem to de-glow the skin, so I then need to put something else on afterwards.

Some of the Mally reviews say using this product on top of make up removes what you have just so carefully applied.so maybe best to use it under like you do.

I know - it's like I go out of my way to do things the wrong way! I like it because it gives a really smooth finish without feeling heavy, I wouldn't say it completely covers my pores but it does a good enough job. I usually use MAC mineralize skin finish natural over the top and if I still feel a bit flat some Bobbi brown shimmer brick.

I have this from a past TSV, it works pretty well over cream to powder and liquid foundations; it's similar to the smashbox matt product in the little square compact and also like the Mojave Magic "Almost Powder". The best way to apply is a light dabbing motion with the sponge, any sideways motion will smear the foundation underneath. It will work over powder but only by dabbing, and generally I find I only have shine break through with liquid foundations.

I'll try mine under powder as well, thanks for the tip...I should have realised as it's on the same lines as Benefit's Dr Feelgood balm.

The Mally product crops up on ebay periodically and as long as there are no Mally shows bumping up the interest in auctions, you might strike lucky with a low price.

Jude xx

I couldn't get on with it, seemed to roll off my face, maybe I didn't get the technique right, Sent it back. Am currently looking for a translucent powder, any suggestions very welcome

I like Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing powder over my make up. Next choice is BE Mineral Veil - the hydrating version.

As someone who never bothered to use powder I tried this and love it. Jude is right. Dab it, and only a little is needed.

I've also wondered about this, although I use Smashbox Primer in Adjust to try to tone down my rosacea (a losing battle). I wish more companies did colour-correcting primers and again would be interested in any recommendations on this, as well as the Mally product (don't want to go off topic!).

I've also wondered about this, although I use Smashbox Primer in Adjust to try to tone down my rosacea (a losing battle). I wish more companies did colour-correcting primers and again would be interested in any recommendations on this, as well as the Mally product (don't want to go off topic!).

Hi Dips, I too have Rosacea and I have found that Benefit Lemon Aid is pretty good underneath my make-up. I am afraid that nothing lasts all day on me but for an evening out it does help.

Best wishes,

Inge x

Thanks all
I like the Smashbox adjust primer Dips - sadly it is one of the only ones we have left at JBD.
I must say though, having recently gone back to Decleor, my high colour (I think a pre-cursor to rosacea.) has lessened considerably. I am using Angelique oil.

Love it! Never use the sponge, just slide my finger lightly over the gel and then slide it gently over my t-zone and my little under-eye lines. Never balls, doesn't look white, just fills in pores and lines and lasts all day. I've had my compact a year and it doesn't seem to be wearing down (nor have I picked up any nasties - I've always washed my hands before doing make-up).

Dips, I used to use the Smashbox primer but now use the BE yellow version. It doesn't look like it's doing anything immediately after application, but a few minutes later, the redness is definitely reduced. Am intrigued by the new Bobbi Brown colour adjusting powders and will be trying that soon (always found light layers calm redness better than one heavy one).

Love it! Never use the sponge, just slide my finger lightly over the gel and then slide it gently over my t-zone and my little under-eye lines. Never balls, doesn't look white, just fills in pores and lines and lasts all day. I've had my compact a year and it doesn't seem to be wearing down (nor have I picked up any nasties - I've always washed my hands before doing make-up).
So AE are you too using it underneath your foundation rather than on top?

Go instead for Clinique Pore Minimiser. Comes in several shades and just needs a few little dots.£16 a tube lasts for ages! Forget obnoxious Mally. I'd like to slap her in the face with a wet cod! :)

I use LOADS of Mally products! Primer,adjustable coverage foundation, poreless perfection skin finisher and always her mascara (fabulous!) I take the poreless face defender out with me to dab on (less is more) if I need it

I saw that Beyonce had her make up done by Mally to go sing at the inaguration!! :)

Latest posts

Back