"Faux Mink of course"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
"Faux Mink of course" why of course Julia? Dennis Basso is no stranger to slaughtering annimals.

I got a shock, didn't realise the murdering barsteward was on tonight wuss

another bitchfest !

A thread about Dennis Basso comes up almost every month, people on here complaining quite rightly about his "line of work". For those who are the most vocal on the matter, rather than rant on here which is going to achieve nothing (except a very few less sales)why dont you arrange to go up to QVC in London when he is next scheduled to be on and express your opinion face to face with QVC on their home ground. Talk is cheap.

This site has become a bitchfest......and dare ANYONE have the nerve to say they wear Kim or Quacker or Michele Hope and at least half a dozen people will make nasty comments about crimplene etc.....which I'm sure makes some feel bad.

It would be nice to respect peoples buying choices, after all it is THEIR money

A thread about Dennis Basso comes up almost every month, people on here complaining quite rightly about his "line of work". For those who are the most vocal on the matter, rather than rant on here which is going to achieve nothing (except a very few less sales)why dont you arrange to go up to QVC in London when he is next scheduled to be on and express your opinion face to face with QVC on their home ground. Talk is cheap.

This site has become a bitchfest......and dare ANYONE have the nerve to say they wear Kim or Quacker or Michele Hope and at least half a dozen people will make nasty comments about crimplene etc.....which I'm sure makes some feel bad.

It would be nice to respect peoples buying choices, after all it is THEIR money

Talking of Bitchfests and Cheap Talk:

#1 22-08-2008, 02:36 PM
RedorDead
Member Join Date: Jul 2008

Auditioning for Grease ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats up with Ms Huntley? I used to really like her look and the way she presented. What's happened to her? He presentations are rubbish, think she must read the " Must have book of Adjectives" with her easiyo in the morning and her clothes! OMG !!! is she trying to get a part playing Rizzo or a Job with some cheap Airline. Either way she can now join the rest of the rubbish presenters, Sara, Dawn, Ms Franks and AY. I'd fire them all they talk such bull.

12-08-2008, 09:14 PM
RedorDead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Minnie Me "I think I'll be claudia's clone" Sara G. not only does she have THE most annoyingly laborious droning voice she also looks like a pubescent school boy and the way she demonstrated jewellery as if her hand was made of solid gold.....arghhhhhhhhhhh ok Deep Breaths.in out in out
#54 02-08-2008, 10:47 PM
RedorDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqueezy
OMG!!!!!!
The guests

omg they are so camp, they make Simon ( B & W ) seem like sylvester stalone

16-07-2008, 09:29 PM
RedorDead

Does anyone know who is doing the show? Please please please be JR, I wanna hear her say say "the medium Tena lady was just a little too big so I went for the small" !

Mad Granny Sue's post is a good example of why, despite being a member of this board for many years, I don't post much. I don't think people who add their opinions to threads expect them to be collated and thrown back in their face just for expressing an opinion.

Graham, you know I think this a great board but I do think that kind of post is persecutory and uncalled for (and now I'll probably get the same treatment as I've felt strongly enough about this to stick my head over the parapet!).

Talking of Bitchfests and Cheap Talk:

#1 22-08-2008, 02:36 PM
RedorDead

Auditioning for Grease ?

Whats up with Ms Huntley? I used to really like her look and the way she presented. What's happened to her? He presentations are rubbish, think she must read the " Must have book of Adjectives" with her easiyo in the morning and her clothes! OMG !!! is she trying to get a part playing Rizzo or a Job with some cheap Airline. Either way she can now join the rest of the rubbish presenters, Sara, Dawn, Ms Franks and AY. I'd fire them all they talk such bull.

12-08-2008, 09:14 PM
RedorDead

PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Minnie Me "I think I'll be claudia's clone" Sara G. not only does she have THE most annoyingly laborious droning voice she also looks like a pubescent school boy and the way she demonstrated jewellery as if her hand was made of solid gold.....arghhhhhhhhhhh ok Deep Breaths.in out in out
#54 02-08-2008, 10:47 PM
RedorDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqueezy
OMG!!!!!!
The guests

omg they are so camp, they make Simon ( B & W ) seem like sylvester stalone

16-07-2008, 09:29 PM
RedorDead

Does anyone know who is doing the show? Please please please be JR, I wanna hear her say say "the medium Tena lady was just a little too big so I went for the small" !

I guess you have plenty of time on your hands to have carried out so much research on my posts. I will remind you that having a harmless joke and being outright nasty are not the same. .... Seems that you were also selective of the posts you displayed.

So you'll be one of the shoppers protesting at QVC HQ will you, no didnt think so

Mad Granny Sue's post is a good example of why, despite being a member of this board for many years, I don't post much. I don't think people who add their opinions to threads expect them to be collated and thrown back in their face just for expressing an opinion.

Graham, you know I think this a great board but I do think that kind of post is persecutory and uncalled for (and now I'll probably get the same treatment as I've felt strongly enough about this to stick my head over the parapet!).

Couldn't agree more, i am astounded by the bitchiness and backbiting there is on here, it should be a place where people can express their own views without fear of being ridiculed.
People should acknowledge that others may not have the same opinion as themselves, and they are entitled to express that opinion, it does not make their opinion invalid, or less important.
Always hijacking a thread to raise the same issues may be boring and irrelevant to some, and in my humble opinion should be kept for the thread they were intended.

I also agree.

I have been almost as guilty of many others and felt almost drawn into the bitchfest as part of the "forum". I even amazed myself on occassion because it isnt naturally in my character. So I for one will discuss shopping products only in future and will not even view threads that have anything personal about presenters or presenters guests , life is definately too short for this nonsense and I am surprised that Graham brought up the Basso thing again.

The Basso thing has been brought up so often it is now getting boring. Until a few months ago, I had never heard of him but now I do thanks to this Forum. Instead of posting threads here criticizing , it would be better if folk sent letters to national newspapers, letting them know about his trade, instead of on here. As for getting personal on here - no thanks, it is not my scene at all, although I understand everyone is entitled to their own viewpoints. I have already discovered a lot of posters who make me smile with their input and viewpoints, and that is why I am on here regularly. This is a really good site, one I hope will last a long time. I hope it is not spoiled by nastiness.

I also agree.

I have been almost as guilty of many others and felt almost drawn into the bitchfest as part of the "forum". I even amazed myself on occassion because it isnt naturally in my character. So I for one will discuss shopping products only in future and will not even view threads that have anything personal about presenters or presenters guests , life is definately too short for this nonsense and I am surprised that Graham brought up the Basso thing again.

Well you will be surprised every time that disgusting vile creature appears on QVC as the more threads that get indexed by google the better.

Personally, I think every time Dennis Basso is to make an appearance on QVC it >should< be publicised on here with a note of his REAL fur trade.

This is a huge site, with new members on a daily basis - many of whom will NOT be aware of Mr Basso's other trade (as QVC generally like to keep it quiet) - if just one person becomes aware of the truth by the start of another thread - I think it's worth it.

If the existing members find the mention of him "boring" then obviously there is no need to read those particular threads and they can just enjoy the rest of the site.

I think your comments are somewhat offensive and unless you have been to either of the places you have mentioned and seen production for yourself you shouldnt comment.

I do agree however that if would nice to know the place of origin and you can do that by either phoning customer service or look at the item on QVC USA where they do say the origin.

As far as I am aware, this isnt a political forum.

Post i did way back in July regarding not buying form China & India, Offensive?. I think Not!.

I also agree.

That is a good idea, RedorDead. We'll hold you to that. ;-)

Is there any way that we can organise an online petition which could be printed off and sent to QVC? I'm sure a lot of people would love to go to London to have a free and frank exchange with Basso the Butcher (sorry) but for a lot of us its very expensive to travel there and with other commitments its just not possible. Graham is this something you can do? Or maybe a poll as to how many people don't want to see him on QVC and that can be sent to them? Just a thought.

If the existing members find the mention of him "boring" then obviously there is no need to read those particular threads and they can just enjoy the rest of the site.

its difficult to avoid when certain posters continually reference him in threads that had nothing to do with him when they were started.

Latest posts

Back