Eskimo Ceramic V WinterTrax

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

inatizzy

Registered Shopper
Dear Reliable for Sound Advice People,

Just wanted your thoughts on the Eskimo Ceramic plate thingies - these appeal more than the WinterTrax because they state that they're safe to leave on going into shops etc.

The WinterTrax have to be removed before going into shops, onto public transport etc.

The reviews (for the Eskimo's) are very mixed and the sizing seems to be a cause for concern.

If you have the Eskimo ones could you advise please - do they work........

Thank you X

Lots of very useful reviews on Amazon for a really good selection of this type of footwear.

They won't last very long though you can turn the plate over. Apparently they are better for shoes with heels.
They may not be dangerous in shops but they will probably damage the shop floors

he said 9 wears then you turn them over and use that side...reminds me of sandpaper now thats a thought!

I'll stick with my yak trax and take them off in town - the pavement between shops is usually gritted anyway

I leave my wintertrax on my boots when I get on the bus, I haven't had any problems. I did slip when I had them on in tesco but if I hold on to my trolly I am Ok

Dear Reliable for Sound Advice People,

Just wanted your thoughts on the Eskimo Ceramic plate thingies - these appeal more than the WinterTrax because they state that they're safe to leave on going into shops etc.

The WinterTrax have to be removed before going into shops, onto public transport etc.

The reviews (for the Eskimo's) are very mixed and the sizing seems to be a cause for concern.

If you have the Eskimo ones could you advise please - do they work........

Thank you X

I commented on the Wintertrax thread as I have these and they are really good for shoes/boots with heels. They have a rubber strap each end and are really easy to slip on and off - when not in use they slip into the little bag and are slim enough to pop in your handbag. I haven't had any issues with sizing.

How long do the wintertrax last? I have spiky plus and I feel very safe as the spikes bite in the ice but some of the spikes are wearing down and I have just ordered some replacement spikes. Do people feel safe in the wintertrax?

I'm a Yaktrax fan...similar to the wintertrax.....I've had mine for years....

Ours are the Yaktrax. Must have had them 3 or 4 years. I like the look of the wintertrax though. The strap at the front makes them more secure. I'm always telling my son to make sure he doesn't lose one of the Yaktrax. They are a must have item. I daren't go out without them. I wish I had bought some for Christmas presents. There's nothing to wear down on them.

My wintertrax helped me yesterday to feel confident. Easily taken off to enter the shops. Don't care if people look - in fact the comment I got was 'wish I'd bought some of those'.

i have the geta grip with the blue spikes and they are good. have them when qvc started selling these yonks ago and still going strong.

I used my Wintertrax on sunday and yesterday - I felt more confident to walk in the snow and ice than ever. I also got lots of comments asking me where I got them from

My DD's are wearing their Snowtraks (Costco's Wintertraks) today and as I was out with one of them, noticed exact previous footprints in the snow, showing more and more people are wearing them.

Latest posts

Back