Enormous hair..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
What is it with QVC and creating enormous 70's unflattering hair styles.

Claire is on now sporting a do that resembles an afghan hound-I assume she's been rollered and blown and processed.

The Ojon shows are the worst-why do these stylists think that we all want huge hair.I don't...I want healthy shiny bouncy hair but some of the styles look ridiculous!

Tone it down..it's just too Dallas!:grin:

What is it with QVC and creating enormous 70's unflattering hair styles.

Claire is on now sporting a do that resembles an afghan hound-I assume she's been rollered and blown and processed.

The Ojon shows are the worst-why do these stylists think that we all want huge hair.I don't...I want healthy shiny bouncy hair but some of the styles look ridiculous!

Tone it down..it's just too Dallas!:grin:

I agree , shorter choppy hair all the way , clares hair is in lovely condition as is jillys , but they do nowt different with it , jillys especially , each to there own I guess

Afghan hound is exactly.what she looks like. Too poofed up and dated for my liking.

I think Julia, Jilly and Clare are living in the past that ridiculous big hair is way out of date. IMO.

Clare has glorious hair though. It is a bit OTT today I agree but I'm sure her hair is her own hair and not extensions. Wouldn't mind her hair.

Jilly's is just ... well it's just. No idea what would look better to be honest.

Julia's hair can look fab but I don't think it's easy hair to manage. And it can look dry and frizzy or sleek and beautiful. I prefer the latter. I'm sure she does too.

I could do with a new do myself but I'm devilled if I know what to do with it. Au naturel I look like an 80s rocker with a home perm.

I would agree that Claire has beautiful thick hair that always looks in great condition but the colour is awful and the style is very unflattering and elongates her face.
Jilly's hair is shiny but limp and Julia reminds me of one of the the Kings ? Louis X1V of France possibly!

I'd stick pins in wax dolls if I thought I could have hair like any of those ladies!

I'd stick pins in wax dolls if I thought I could have hair like any of those ladies!
Yeah but then you'd find something else you didn't like. LOL
I have thick curly hair and i'd love straight hair. And its probably dated, as i don't know what else to do with it. I hate short hair, and totally straight hair doesn't suit me, so like Tink, what do i do. My hair dresser loves my hair curly and mad, so maybe its the hair dresser i need to
change LOL

Trust me Barbs - you've got the better deal out of us two!
Have you tried those hair, nails and teeth supplements, worth a try. You'll laugh at this, one of the girls in work has fine hair and her hairdresser told her to use horse, yes horse shampoo, and she thinks it works and swears by it LOL

I think as you get older, long hair is very ageing and a shorter layered style is much more flattering. Goody the model is a perfect example. Her hair would look fab on a 25 year old but on her it makes her mutton dressed as lamb. Not a good look for someone well into in her fifties.

Get a friend to learn how to put in "I Tip" hair extensions via youtube & you can! I did, me & my friend do each others hair & others now too. No wax, glue, just teeny silicone grips holding in the extension :wink: Always wanted long lustrous brunette locks, now I've got them :happy: Bye bye my fine limp hairage!! Been having extensions for years. I have a lady who does ethically sourced european hair & hand makes it into individual I tip extensions for me. No one guesses I have them, totally undetectable unless someone pokes around my head x.

Last edited:
Yeah but then you'd find something else you didn't like. LOL
I have thick curly hair and i'd love straight hair. And its probably dated, as i don't know what else to do with it. I hate short hair, and totally straight hair doesn't suit me, so like Tink, what do i do. My hair dresser loves my hair curly and mad, so maybe its the hair dresser i need to
change LOL

same here barbs and been ironing it all my life. in recent years i have learnt to love my curls a bit more and do appreciate i have the choice of loose curls (leave it to dry on its own) or poker striaght (ghds) or somewhere in between (babyliss). my hair is quite thick but claire's makes mine look thin. would love to have layers as thick as that.

same here barbs and been ironing it all my life. in recent years i have learnt to love my curls a bit more and do appreciate i have the choice of loose curls (leave it to dry on its own) or poker striaght (ghds) or somewhere in between (babyliss). my hair is quite thick but claire's makes mine look thin. would love to have layers as thick as that.
U lucky ladies!! Costs me a pretty few £'sss to look like I have hair with volume. What's that saying about the grass always greener lol? My mum had bright red hair, so thick, like Claire's when she was younger. She hated it as she was always nicknamed "ginge" growing up. Now it's not gone grey like mine's going it's pale apricot blonde, NATURALLY! Still thicker than mine, she loves it now. Jealous moi?? haha x.

U lucky ladies!! Costs me a pretty few £'sss to look like I have hair with volume. What's that saying about the grass always greener lol? My mum had bright red hair, so thick, like Claire's when she was younger. She hated it as she was always nicknamed "ginge" growing up. Now it's not gone grey like mine's going it's pale apricot blonde, NATURALLY! Still thicker than mine, she loves it now. Jealous moi?? haha x.

yep, redheads seem to have the most luck with greying. i know a few like your mum but one friend is 64 and barely has a grey hair and it's still as thick as its always been.

We're never happy are we really. Mine is baby fine but there is masses of it and naturally its loose curls. It's shiny and in good condition. Sounds good doesn't it BUT it goes frizzy if its damp/humid. It's a bugger to straighten properly. And worst of all because there is so much of it unless its layered and well cut it has a tendency to hang really heavy. I was watching a bit of the L'Occitane hour last night and my hair is as thick and bouncy as Alexis' but where hers falls nicely and is thick at the roots and thinner at the ends ... mine would be vice versa. Thick at the ends and dragging all bounce out of the hair because its heavy.

So I can't really grow my hair much past shoulder level and it has to be layered and it has to be cut regularly. Jo hum! Still I went through a period where it started to get quite thin and its much better now so I'm hugely grateful for that.

There are certainly a few on QVC who need some hair attention. Always amazes me with all the experts they have that so few are sporting decent hairstyles - Jilly, Anne, Jill to name a few! I am of course perfect!!!

If Claire Sutton cut her hair short she'd look like a bloke. She has a very man-ish face when you look at it without being distracted by the big hair, slappage and baby-waby voice. Jawline like Desperate Dan.

Have you tried those hair, nails and teeth supplements, worth a try. You'll laugh at this, one of the girls in work has fine hair and her hairdresser told her to use horse, yes horse shampoo, and she thinks it works and swears by it LOL

Lol!! She's quite right too. I've tried everything to thicken hair and strengthen nails and then I remembered, when I was young fit and mobile (sigh), and out riding regularly, I used to use Megatek for cracked hooves and blanket rub. It smells of coconut and has keratin in it and is cheaper than all the hair and nail supplements I was taking so I thought, well why not give it a try. Lo and behold, my fine, thinning hair is definitely looking thicker and I'm sure my nails aren't peeling as much. Give Megatek a Google and have a look at the ingredients/reviews. :nod:

Latest posts

Back