Strivectin TSV 12/02/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

p.s. regarding TKMAxx, i wonder which kind of offering they were selling off ? if anyone had a detailed look, be grateful if you could share ...
i had a nosy round the net and saw mentions of hand & body cream being sold there and try me type kit (which are also available at SSC and Space NK etc at lower prices)
what TKMaxx has listed on their site is the concentrate at £49 for 60ml, so not 'rock bottom selling off' type price, i'd say
http://www.tkmaxx.com/search?q=*&pd...er=asc&pdxtcolour=MULTI&setpagenum=1&perpage=
also, prices on ebay not very low as far as i can see, which i would expect if there was a cheapy supply to be flogged off (?)

2.p.s.with regard to the older and newer version of the concentrate, i echo JBD's confusion, as i recall there was the video clip with Alison introducing the 120ml concentrate as the new improved version with 4 times as many peptides in it ....
after having a nosey around ebay i wonder if the packaging with the hot pink colouring is the newer version and the lighter pink packaging is the older one ? maybe JR'sEgo might know ?

3.p.s for me, this is exactly what i like to use QVC for, trying out something that i would never venture into, if i couldn't return it for a refund ...

4.p.s. similar thought to reflexgirl, i thought that Frankie looked lovely on it !

Have taken the plunge and made a purchase - going to use my 30day mbg to try it on my jawline! I agree about Frankie, her skin looks fab, it has certainly made a difference.

Sooooooooooooo gullible! It's just more snake oil. If it were any cop you'd hear about it all over the place and it certainly wouldn't be in the bargain bucket that is TKMaxx.

This cream will require at least a twice daily usage or an average 3oz to see the effect on the face (about 1 month application) I can assure you over 90% see a 70% elimination of facial wrinkles

Yes, it is expensive, but other facial creams promising a lot more, deliver a lot less.

With the utmost respect JR, that sounds like utter boll*cks and unless you have something to back it up with I hope everyone is treating it as such.

Please everybody save your pennies for this one.

I have to say the Strivectin in the no1 cosmeceutical brand on my books. The secret is not to go for the obvious. Therefore, a Strivectin serum for eyes might not work on eyes, but will be miraculous somewhere else. As crazy as it sounds.

I'm pleased you have had such astonishing results but I'm genuinely curious about a couple of things. Why were you trying both the eye and stretch mark creams on places other than your eyes/stretch marks? and have you informed the manufacturers about this?

Apparently haemorrhoid cream is a quick fix for a wrinkled cleavage - presumably that must have been discovered by accident!?!

Sooooooooooooo gullible! It's just more snake oil. If it were any cop you'd hear about it all over the place and it certainly wouldn't be in the bargain bucket that is TKMaxx.

BB this HAS has rave reviews. This is the cream (oh I know ... I know.... I can see your eyebrows from here) that started out life as a haemarroid treatment and has been lauded worldwide.

When I have seen it at TKMaxx it has not been any cheaper and has simply been the odd box set.

And re the other BB (Bettyboo) - its great you can use stuff from your supermarket. But just because you can doesn't mean that everyone can. There are ingredient issues / methodology issues (inc animal testing) and R and D issues why I might want to buy a higher priced / 'more prestigious' brand. As well as what I like about the texture / smell / efficacy or not. I know people from their 40s-50s who had beautiful skin then who told me that soap/water etc was fine now they are older do not have the same skin as friends I know who actually took care over their skin. So who knows.

But even if it is all bunkum and I might as well be putting vaseline on my lips and lashes and babies bum cream on my face (Waitrose v good by the way) etc.. if I want to try it / use it recommend it, I will! Its my dosh and my time and effort and opinion.

PS this has nowt to do with JBD by the way, this is me having as one of my hobbies looking at and reading about and trying new beauty stuff and having a great time doing it! Most work. Some work better than others (have to say the new Perricone Vit C stuff is AMAZING) some face products end up on my legs / arms / feet (remember beanzontoastwithchips).

PPS No idea about JRego's results, and to this day I have no idea who looked at their arse and thought boy.... that looks smooth, lets slap some on my face.

But it is a bit like the eyelash stimulators coming from a background of glaucoma treatment. Although at least they have some logicality about the find (ie it was being used on the eye!)

I have sensitive skin & this brand didn't agree with it at all. Turned it red, angry & sore

Had to remove it fast & take antihistamine to get it to settle, which took several days.

Last edited:
Let's hope we don't all get confused and end up with pile ointment on our eyelids and extra long luxuriant hair in places where very few will have the benefit of viewing it.

I have nothing against people treating skincare as an expensive hobby. Certainly better for you than boozing or slot machines. But until I hear an independant dermatologist saying that these things can do anything more that temporarily and superficially plumping out wrinkles then I remain unconvinced.

JRE hasn't even put the rider in about "the appearance" of wrinkles. She says 70% elimination of facial wrinkles. This, as you know quite well, is boll*cks.

For various reasons that I shan't bore you with, I regularly see a dermatologist. He told me quite categorically that nothing will "stop the march of time" or "hold back the years" or "reverse the appearance of ageing" or any of the other bonkers claims made by the cosmetic industry.

Healthy, clean and moisturised skin that is protected against the damaging effects of the sun's rays is all anyone should be striving for - good genes are a bonus.

For various reasons that I shan't bore you with, I regularly see a dermatologist. He told me quite categorically that nothing will "stop the march of time" or "hold back the years" or "reverse the appearance of ageing" or any of the other bonkers claims made by the cosmetic industry.

Healthy, clean and moisturised skin that is protected against the damaging effects of the sun's rays is all anyone should be striving for - good genes are a bonus.

I was told exactly the same by a dermatologist. I still occasionally get sucked in by the hype, but in my heart of hearts i know its exactly what BB said "boll*cks ." I trust a dermatologist more than anyone else where skincare is concerned.

'Sooooooooooooo gullible! It's just more snake oil. '

you could of course be right Burly but i am happy to give it a try at £2.20 (my return postage)
i have only started looking after my skin a couple of years ago but have had some fantastic results with Clarisonic, some Decleor, some Alpha H and my skin looks better then ever, i don't wear foundation anymore and peeps keep guessing me 15 to 20 years younger, so some things are working for me (you might argue that i have started from a 'low base' and it isn't hard to improve from being a bit of slob before - fair enough) ...

And don't forget drinking plenty of water. Many lines we think are aging are in fact dehydration.

But here;s the thing. It is not just about the aging process. Its about skintone and firmness, elasticity, pigmentation and acne, texture, radiance and luminosity, redness, spots etc. Its about how things make our skin look and feel at the beginning, during and at the end of the day.

I don't fall for hype, but I do like to test it!

If you are happy with your skin on face and body and are doing all of the above then grand, I have stretchmarks, I want them gone. No other company really promises long term improvement on permanent old stretchmarks. I am willing to try the 30 day MBG to see if this works. If it doesn't its going back.

'Sooooooooooooo gullible! It's just more snake oil. '

you could of course be right Burly but i am happy to give it a try at £2.20 (my return postage)
i have only started looking after my skin a couple of years ago but have had some fantastic results with Clarisonic, some Decleor, some Alpha H and my skin looks better then ever, i don't wear foundation anymore and peeps keep guessing me 15 to 20 years younger, so some things are working for me (you might argue that i have started from a 'low base' and it isn't hard to improve from being a bit of slob before - fair enough) ...

But you'd probably have just the same results with Nivea.

As for the clarisonic, hmmm. People seem to love it but lets face it your skin isn't that dirty to start with. Quite why people feel the need to bombard it with sonic rays remains a mystery to me.

I maintain that the more you look for something, you'll eventually convince yourself that you've found it. If people spent as much care and attention cleaning their face with a cleanser and a flannel as they do pratting about some fancy pants sonic gadget then they'd probably see a similar result. Not to mention the fact that you WANT to see a result to justify the £100 you spent.

Just Beauty Direct, what is your opinion on Gatineau please ? as they claim to be the anti-ageing brand.
The Strivectin woman used to be on Q with Shiseido way back, she used to say that was the be all and end all of skincare, so what is she a good advert for I wonder.

StriVectin At-A-Glance

Strengths: A good cleanser and a couple of worthwhile moisturizers.

Weaknesses: Expensive; The original (and now the "improved" StriVectin-SD product (and every other product sold under this brand name) is absolutely not better than Botox; some of the products contain irritant peppermint oil; the Deep Wrinkle serum is terrible.

We had previously written about the original StriVectin-SD, when a reader asked about its ability to repair stretch marks. That was StriVectin's initial claim to fame, though the fame was all self-promoted, as there is not a single independent, peer-reviewed study to prove that StriVectin is an effective option for repairing stretch marks. The studies that do exist about StriVectin's benefits for stretch marks were paid for by Klein-Becker, the company that distributes StriVectin (and is associated with Bremenn Research Labs, which has a growing history of trouble with the FDA and various watchdog advertising organizations).

According to the company's ads, they were surprised to find that not only was StriVectin-SD getting rid of women's stretch marks, but also that somehow their facial wrinkles were going away, too. This discovery lead to the astounding "antiwrinkle breakthrough of the decade." What followed were the now-famous magazine ads that posed the question of whether StriVectin was "Better Than Botox?" Not surprisingly, this ad captured the attention of millions of people concerned with mitigating signs of aging "without painful injections".

Regrettably, no supportive research needs to be available to sell this kind of hyperbole. All it takes is to promise women that a product will get rid of their wrinkles and they will buy it in droves, no matter how many other product lines, infomercials, advertisements, or cosmetics salespeople pledge the exact same thing. StriVectin isn't and was never "better than Botox"!

Of course, now the original, lauded StriVectin-SD product has been replaced by what the company describes as a "super-charged comprehensive skin repair cream for stretch marks, wrinkles, and aging skin". It seems there's no aging skin concern this product cannot address, but as it turns out, the updated formula presents the same drawbacks as the original, although it is arguably a better formulation (just not for stretch marks).

As for the rest of the StriVectin line, it contains proportionately more misses than hits. It isn't the anti-wrinkle answer and in fact some of their products contain the type of irritating ingredients that hurt your skin's ability to look and function in a younger manner.

Beautypedia

But you'd probably have just the same results with Nivea.

As for the clarisonic, hmmm. People seem to love it but lets face it your skin isn't that dirty to start with. Quite why people feel the need to bombard it with sonic rays remains a mystery to me.

I maintain that the more you look for something, you'll eventually convince yourself that you've found it. If people spent as much care and attention cleaning their face with a cleanser and a flannel as they do pratting about some fancy pants sonic gadget then they'd probably see a similar result. Not to mention the fact that you WANT to see a result to justify the £100 you spent.

not necessarily disagreeing with anything you have said here and there is certainly something in it about WANTING to see results
BUT
this is also true :
Nivea not bad, and is what i was using before and to be really sure, you probably need a study with whole lot of identical twins to test Nivea vs Decleor etc - so 'proof' is not that easy to produce

the Clarisonic (not bought from QVC btw, got it from Space NK before QVC stocked it) - well for starters i likening it to difference of brushing my teeth with a manual toothbrush vs an electric (doesn't even have to be a sonic one) toothbrush, on the basis of the brushing 2 mins - well, for me, a big difference and defo a lot cleaner with electric brush

secondly, the Clarisonic does not rub on the skin and i don't recommend that you do should scrub and rub with a flannel either as it will stretch and stress your skin

the Clarisonic pushes the water gently into into the pores to deep clean and the fast and gentle brush rotations also delicately, over time, lessen the appearance of any scarring you might have (different brush heads but i use the deep pore cleanse one)

that's my 2 p's worth ....

p.s. and my wrist doesn't manage the mutliple gentle rotations per second that the Clarisonic does, no matter how much i 'exercise' :tongue:

Last edited:
If you believe it Lilith, it's probably doing you some sort of good. So good luck with it.

And I wouldn't be without my sonic toothbrush :wink:

Latest posts

Back