Help please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

oh poor Barbs...I've never used eBay, it frightens me to death, and if I did I'd do something just like you've done and wouldn't have a clue about how to go about putting things right - I do hope it comes right in the end for you.

I do buy stuff occasionally but it tends to be BIN's. I sell more than I buy, but even that is only about twice a year, in batches. I have only had someone not pay once. For a 7 quid ring. I just relisted it.

I don't think it will go any further barbs, as he now knows what the issue is. Don't let it put you off ebay as there are some great sellers out there.

DOH. Should have thought of that. Waiting for e mail now from the person. I think when i phoned and asked for the named seller, the man said it might be his son , using it to sell on his mum#s account. But i now think it might have been his wife, if you understand, very complicated. Maybe he didnt know she was selling the bag. She e mailed back and said she was at work and will contact me later. Only me could get involved in something so complicated. Will wait and see if not just let e bay take it over

any news barbs? ebay gave you the contact details because they always advise that you sort it out informally. any buyer/seller is entitled to the other's phone number whether you have a problem or not, so it's not a biggie and he has no right to make a fuss about it. they also always give out both numbers so they will have sent him yours as well. as i said yesterday, if he has any sense he will offer it to the next bidder, then the max you should pay as a gesture of goodwill is the £6. he won't have lost any fees because he's still sold it.

mam - they don't always side with the buyer. i've been ripped off a few times with zero help from ebay which is why i never spend very much on a single item.

Barbs, I've only just found your thread.
What an unpleasant experience for you. I hope it's sorted soon.

I never sell, it's all mine!

Well hopefully its all sorted. The phone call to her didn't work, and her husband was friendly than her, obviously. She opened a resolution case
saying i bought it in error, so i had to respond to that, which i did this morning, and it is now cancelled.

Don't know if this means i have a strike against my name, as i said i've only sold stuff last year (my QVC) stash, so i'm not a regular seller and
i just buy bits and bobs from it. Just a slip of the finger, caused all this and i'll probably laugh at it, but it has been very stressful since Sunday
trying to sort it out. Thanks for help and advice girlies xx

Latest posts

Back