Laura Geller TSV 23/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always need more balance n brighten as my mum, my daughter and now my sister all use it and don't purchase it themselves. I have a much depleted stash and have found that Macy's don't sell Laura Geller anymore so QVC is the only place to buy it :(

Well my new B&B in medium has arrived, I am almost sure it is the same as regular from the bake sale TSV but it seems a softer consistency. Does anyone know if the formula has changed? I also got tinted spackle. I have loved the champagne one from the TSV but thought I would try the tinted for a change. I'm on the fence as I have had a few spots and my makeup doesn't seem to last even to lunch, not something I experienced with the bake sale TSV.

Sharonuk, medium is the same a regular in Balance & Brighten.

I went on to QVC.com to try and find the TSV auto-delivery colours, no photos sadly but I did find this on the Q beauty forum:

They didn't really name the colors. Just a pic of the future deliveries the day of the tsv. The one in apr.had a light pink blush, a deeper pink or plummy lipstick and a pink and a fuschia eye compact. The last one. had a light peach blush, light peach lipstick, golden beige and green eye compact. HTH

The TSV colours look quite strongly pigmented, the eye-shadow being the closest I could wear to pink eyeshadow without my skin-tone looking v jaundiced. The blush looks promising, again a v light hand needed, but I find I'd rather wear a light dusting of a strong colour blush than a heavier application of a lighter blush. The lipstick will be fine, good to see a nice strong lippy for a change from the usual non-descript mauvey-nudes- I can wear these but already have one in every handbag and about 15 more beside The only drop I won't suit (assuming this quote is correct for our AD drops) is the fuschia pink set. I look like a trannie in cool pinks. The peach/green option sounds the best for my skintone (I'm a spring if you remember the old CMB definitions).

Looking at the LG products on QVCUK I notice that the new liquid foundation has already aired here as a stand-alone item http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-3...=201286-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-44-_-201286 With only 2.5 out of 5 ratings and poor reviews maybe this is the reason the UK buyers decided to substitute B&B in our Vines TSV? It still annoys me that the UK buyers presume to know what we'd like! It also looks as though we're getting the standard B&B (correct me if I'm wrong). After launching the SPF version in a blaze of glory it seems to have been side-lined, and I've yet to try it.

Jude xx

I can't see any difference to my face when i wear b&b so i won't be buying, loving the Mally foundation at the moment it is so fast to apply so will stick with that. I bought mine from ebay and have not bought anything form Q for 2 months which is good for me.

I apply B&B with a sponge now, it creates less dust than a brush and gives a better finish, I suppose because it's easier to more accurately cover anything that needs it.

Jude xx

I apply B&B with a sponge now, it creates less dust than a brush and gives a better finish, I suppose because it's easier to more accurately cover anything that needs it.

Jude xx

Have you tried the Shesido foundation brush rave reviews on a lot of sites including Q, going to get that when i get some £.

Well my new B&B in medium has arrived, I am almost sure it is the same as regular from the bake sale TSV but it seems a softer consistency. Does anyone know if the formula has changed? I also got tinted spackle. I have loved the champagne one from the TSV but thought I would try the tinted for a change. I'm on the fence as I have had a few spots and my makeup doesn't seem to last even to lunch, not something I experienced with the bake sale TSV.

I don't know which ones you have but I find the one with SPF very different to the original. I'm medium/regular in the original but the same in the SPF is far too dark. The bake sale one was the original one if that helps any.

ARE we going to get the auto delivery or not? Does anyone know?
I'm confused now.

I hope we get AD, we were basing this on Ian finding 2 item numbers (see his reply at post #8 to this thread on page 1) but looking now the original single item number hasn't been updated whereas the "AD" item number now has photographs and blurb added, so maybe they're going to abandon the auto-delivery idea and just use this item number 203257 as a single drop. Confused? Maybe they'll add some reference to later drops before. the 23rd, but as it stands it looks more like a single drop description. What a shambles!

Jude xx

Have you tried the Shesido foundation brush rave reviews on a lot of sites including Q, going to get that when i get some £.

yes, it is a great brush, i use only with a bit of concealer these days and the finish the brush gives is virtually undetectable ...

Well I don't need much coverage so just a dry one, I still use a Beauty Blender (damp) if I need more concealment - I don't get many spots but my nose lights up like a lighthouse when I have a cold! I have to say that, if you're strapped for cash to buy B&B or it's missing from the QVC warehouse til Laura's next visit, the Barbara Daly pressed powder foundation sold at Tesco is an excellent product (if the shades suit ofcouse) it probably gives more covereage dry than B&B and applied with a wet sponge or beauty blender gives full covereage but probably would feel tight on dry/mature skins.

Laura Geller is launching a BB Cream at Ulta in March this year. Now my fav BB is Missha from Korea and inho all of the western brands' attempts to make a beauty balm have failed and simply made a tinted moisturiser. I'll be interested to see what the LG one is like....she's discontinued her tinted moisturiser so I'm not v optimisitc. I'm expecting it's just another brand to jump on the BB bandwagon.

Jude xx

Oooh I really want to try that one now. My full face is the Shiseido Foundation which I think is amazing.

I really want to know how different that brush is to the flat top long handled ultimate buffing brush as they look very similar. Will take a look at a Shiseido counter next time I am in town.

Those reviews are amazing Sharon, I have to admit!

:mysmilie_865: Stop it or I'll end up adding something else to my impossibly long beauty wish-list!

Jude xx

Hmmm not sure if I am keen on the colours. I thought Laura said her next TSV wouldn't have B&B in it?
I was hoping it wouldn't so I wouldn't be tempted...

This set was the winter TSV in the States, so we're getting the wrong season's colours. Just once it'd be nice for us to get the Spring colours ahead of the US, they could have gone straight for the 2nd AD drop which they'll get in March/April. (Mind you I'm not sure Fuschia pink eye shadpw would tempt me.

Talking of Auto Delivery, it still looks as though we're just getting a single drop. We really are treated like the poor relation in the UK!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back