So what bling are we wearing today?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I'm having fun here although most of you out bling me rotten. But in the spirit if keeping the fun going.

I'm wearing diamond studs that I bought with money I inherited when I was 19. Given that was over 20 years ago I'm devilled if I can remember the carat weight. They're not whoppers but big enough to be seen from a distance. Set into yellow gold. Brilliant cut I think.

My three stone kiss diamond ring in yellow gold. Central oval stone with a gold kiss either side and a brilliant cut diamond either side. Think Tiffany started the hugs and kisses trend but this is definitely not a Tiffany ring.

One silver, one rose gold and one yellow gold bead bracelet. Wee beads. Very pretty. I wear a combination of these ... I have six in total ... most days.

No necklace.

Am also wearing my engagement ring and my diamond Raymond Weil watch ... the watch was a gift from my dad ... but I wear those every single day.

The usual none :) except my platinum etoile Tiffany bangle which I had when Morgan was born, so will never ever come off.
I never wear any jewellery in the house, the moment I get home I take it off even my wedding ring.

I have my gold wedding band and my late mums wedding band and a gold coloured watch I wear this all the time to work but today I have a ruby and diamond ring from gems from the early days also a gold and ruby pendant also from gems very pretty double heart shape, but tomorrow the ring and pendant will be changed depending on what colour top I wear tomorrow for work its the only way I can wear all my jewellery at some point and a lot of my regular customers who know me ask what I'm wearing today because they know I wear different rings etc most days.

None at all, not even wedding ring
But wait!
Are metal fillings counted?

I had to attend a departmental "bonding" session today (yawn) so my jewellery matched my mood.

Black earrings, black leather and stainless steel bracelet, 2 stainless band rings and a black watch.

I had to attend a departmental "bonding" session today (yawn) so my jewellery matched my mood.

Black earrings, black leather and stainless steel bracelet, 2 stainless band rings and a black watch.

Blimey Frazzled you weren't looking forward to today clearly. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

On my left wrist are 3 w/g diamond line bracelets and on my right are 2 y/g diamond tennis bracelets plus my y/g Tiffany heart charm bracelet. I never take any of these off and even when I had my knee op a couple of years ago I refused to remove them so after a conflab with the anaesthetist I was allowed to keep them on, but this was in a private hospital and I'm not sure I would have got away with it in a NHS one lol. I also wear my diamond studs every day which are 0.75 each and set in 18K but I do take these out every week for cleaning. My rings and necklaces I chop and change as the mood takes me but I always wear my y/g opal cross pendant on a long y/g chain whenever I go out.

Not even your tin hat?? Must have been a good day.

Are they gold fillings perhaps?!

I only wear my Tin Hat as the need arises on this Forum, nowhere else thank God.

Gold fillings! Crikey NO. I'd be worth bumping off if they were gold lol

On my left wrist are 3 w/g diamond line bracelets and on my right are 2 y/g diamond tennis bracelets plus my y/g Tiffany heart charm bracelet. I never take any of these off and even when I had my knee op a couple of years ago I refused to remove them so after a conflab with the anaesthetist I was allowed to keep them on, but this was in a private hospital and I'm not sure I would have got away with it in a NHS one lol. I also wear my diamond studs every day which are 0.75 each and set in 18K but I do take these out every week for cleaning. My rings and necklaces I chop and change as the mood takes me but I always wear my y/g opal cross pendant on a long y/g chain whenever I go out.

Daft question. What's the difference between a line bracelet and a tennis bracelet? I'm not sure I've ever really known.

Not sure meself tbh Tinks lol. I just tend to think of a tennis bracelet having a line of round stones like GC's fab diamond bracelet but line bracelets having any other type of stone or cut but I s'pose they are all line bracelets really. Oh feck I've confused meself now. :mysmilie_61:

I don't have that much bling to wear - can only wear one Eek solitaire at a time (with wedding ring) after all.. Before I retired I'd be be-decked every day with something round my neck, earrings, ring or two on the right hand, but now I don't bother...in fact I flogged most of it!

I think I'm quite boring relative to many of you, I don't chop and change much! Most days I wear my two brilliant/two trilliant ring as my engagement ring, and my calibre set sapphire ring on the equivalent finger of my right hand. I really want a Deco ring for my right hand that's just diamond, for when I'm not wearing anything in the blue/black/grey palate. (I'm a bit funny with mixing colours!) Pretty much always wear my diamond studs, sometimes my Tahitian pearl studs (one of my best ever QVC buys). Used to wear my platinum 950 drops but studs are much easier since little fingers came along, my daughter doesn't seem to go for the diamonds quite as much (I suspect that'll change given time!)

I have a strand of beautiful freshwater pearls that I wear sometimes, and matching earrings (actually the earsings are Akoya cos when I tried to get some to match the strand was such good quality for freshwater that we could only match them with Akoya. Two pearls used for the earrings cost half the price of the entire strand!) I got the Tova Eek pendant that's like my sapphire calibre ring in Last Clicks just before Xmas, will wear that in the spring, from Sept - April I'm permanantly in polo necks. I do like a chunky Lola Rose bracelet on my right wrist, have some brill ones like the Caitlin, the Simone, the Bianca in about five different colours. Don't own a single tumble, only like the heavy statement ones.)

I also take my jewellery off the minute I come in the door (as I do my brassiere - can't stand feeling like I'm in a cage! Same as my Mum, whenever I came in the house after her there'd always be a bra on the bottom stair!) The only jewellery I wear in the house is a pair of simple silver studs - the ones you get your ears pierced with that click when you put them on - and my Civil Partnership band, would feel naked without that.

Lovely thread Tinks x

I lied..! I always have on my ankh, on a heavy-ish chain..so used to it I'd forgotten it! Someone gave it to me 30 odd years ago and I've only recently started wearing it, but never take it off..

What happens when you go through security at the airport?

Nothing hon. Gold doesn't set the alarms off and neither does it interfere with MRIs because I have never had to take any gold/platinum jewellery off when having them. However base metals and the wires in bras and things like metal buckles do so they always have to be removed before going into the scanner.

Latest posts

Back