Rainbow moonstone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Two hour show tomorrow (Saturday)! Hooray! As many people on the forum know by know, I am unhealthily obsessed with this glorious gemstone, and Rocks & Co's rainbow moonstone is the best anywhere. All I need is John Scott to be presenting the show, and my life will be complete...

Gemcherub, there is a very small amount of top quality rainbow moonstone at the moment on Gems TV, but most of it is lower grade. The best rainbow moonstone is crystal clear with an ethereal blue glow coming from deep within the Gem - watch this afternoon and you'll see!

Well did you fill yer boots MM?? I watched for about 15 minutes and I have to say the pieces I saw did look lovely and I even caved in and ordered some dangly earrings but then thought about my recent gripe with the channel plus the fact you can't see the earrings through the bliddy packaging so phoned back and cancelled the order. I didn't watch for long because that baldy, excitable shouty bloke puts me right off, I guess he's somebody important(??) cos I've noticed he gets wheeled out every so often when they have a special show to promote. For me he ruined it :wonder: I prefer Scotty on his own when he can take full rein and be at his naughty best. :mysmilie_61:

Dozens, GC, literally dozens - and that's just from Rocks & Co (and their German sister channel Juwelo TV)! Mostly earrings (since I'm an earring person - they're the one item of jewellery I won't leave home without), but rings, pendants and bracelets too.

Actually, I thought the prices on today's mammoth show were very reasonable, and I know I can trust the quality with this gem. And it was interesting what Don said about the special care they take in the selection and cutting of this gem, because even when small amounts of eye-clean rainbow moonstone are available elsewhere, they don't usually have the schiller so well centred in the gem.

In fact, there are different kinds of schiller - the deep blue/purple kind and the turquoise/golden kind - and I prefer the former, so in my usual way I ordered 3 of each piece in order to chose the ones I like best! (Too bad refunds are taking so long.) Can you tell I'm a bit of a rainbow moonstone nerd...?

I'm with you on rainbow moonstone MissM! Unfortunately I could only watch the odd minute here and there of the two hour show yesterday and didn't have a chance to order anything, but did see some lovely dangly earrings with three large stones in each. I'm hoping there will be the odd drip feed of pieces over the next few weeks.

, so in my usual way I ordered 3 of each piece in order to chose the ones I like best! (Too bad refunds are taking so long.)
Yes I can see the logic in that MM but how do you judge the earrings when you can't see them properly through R&C's awful thick plastic bags?? I would think it's especially important to see a gem like rainbow moonstone in proper light to judge its schiller so how do you tell which pair is the best hon?? Or have you perfected an undectable way of getting them out and back into their bags?? :wink:

You can generally see the schiller through the bags, if you move them around inside the bags so the gems are face up, and then look at them under a bright light. Fingers crossed they won't be double-bagged, which occasionally happens and does make things more difficult!

Latest posts

Back