General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally was selling a black ceramic ladies watch yesterday. Here is the ridiculous statement she made about the watch, from what I remember....

'When I came in today and saw what I had got, I thought, oh this is going to be a lot of money, I thought.......I can't say the name, but it's a high end watch, costs a lot of money'

The actual watch she had was in a non stop drop and went for £8 ish

When do they ever have big brand name watches? It's akin to His Muckeyness saying 'this is not Mulberry' etc. Have they EVER had mulberry??

Sally was selling a black ceramic ladies watch yesterday. Here is the ridiculous statement she made about the watch, from what I remember....

'When I came in today and saw what I had got, I thought, oh this is going to be a lot of money, I thought.......I can't say the name, but it's a high end watch, costs a lot of money'

The actual watch she had was in a non stop drop and went for £8 ish

When do they ever have big brand name watches? It's akin to His Muckeyness saying 'this is not Mulberry' etc. Have they EVER had mulberry??

Well they occasionally do Aquaswizz ha ha. They have one on their website for £449, you could buy a Tag Heuer for that which incidentally I noticed James Russell was wearing yesterday. His Earnshaw must be getting cleaned.

I'm surprised they haven't invented a sound alike brand for Mulberry (a la Laurelle). Maybe they could call it Mugberry?

Those Website March Specials are looking worse by the moment. They are now flogging Wayne's Slop Maker for £24.99 on air when it's on the website for £49.99

Last edited:
Well they occasionally do Aquaswizz ha ha. They have one on their website for £449, you could buy a Tag Heuer for that which incidentally I noticed James Russell was wearing yesterday. His Earnshaw must be getting cleaned.

I'm surprised they haven't invented a sound alike brand for Mulberry (a la Laurelle). Maybe they could call it Mugberry?

Those Website March Specials are looking worse by the moment. They are now flogging Wayne's Slop Maker for £24.99 on air when it's on the website for £49.99

lol the Aquaswizz crossed my mind as I was typing, must be getting brainwashed lol

His Mukeyness had his watch in full view the other night but I'm not a watch connoisseur sadly. Big gold weighty thing, maybe by The Watch Co :giggle:

...Must be getting his Earnshaw cleaned!....Love it.

Nicolola's just said, well about an hour ago....The Camera boys can't believe we're doing this HD camera for such a ridiculous price...cue picture of cheap n' nasty Vivitar thing... Let's face it....the "camera boys" wouldn't even wipe their arse on it!

Perhaps by the term ridiculous, she means expensive...it's not even worth the price of the p&p!

They are now flogging Wayne's Slop Maker

:giggle:

Didn't have to wait too long for the next installment of general ridiculousness on these channels! Watching Price drop this morning 'cause bid seem to be doing a gardening yawn fest (as per usual these days!)
The presenter was showing a silver plated charm bracelet for the kids. Now to me, all you could say about this is , here's one for the kids, great for dressing up, pretending it's a Pandora just like Mummy's. The plate'll be worn off in a couple of weeks, but let's face it, it's cheap and it's for kids! but no, this is what we got.

Usual claptrap about how expensive this sort of bracelet is on the high street - Yes,there's a reason for that...they're three times the size, not cheap plated crap,and have prestigious designer names.
If you want a nice little bit of REAL silver jewellery for the kids, you'll be sure to pick something up in Argos, there is no need to resort to buying junk like this, even at 1p (extras added of course).
No, the child won't remember who bought this for their 4th or 5th birthday when they're older - It would have been consigned to the dustbin long ago, when the plate wore off, or it broke which would in all seriousness, be about a fortnight after receiving it! Also no, a Christening present it would not make. Christening bracelets are meant to be a keepsake, so made from precious metal, and not covered in gaudy enamelling....and probably should cost a bit more than £9.53..unless of course you don't mind embarrassing yourself in public!

Two bits of ridiculousness from Peter Sherlock today. First while selling a perfume (surprise, surprise) he said; "Do you want a perfume that makes you smell amazing?" No Peter, we want one that makes us smell revolting! Do you have any of those???

Secondly, during the selling of the above perfume, he was joined by Caroline Lyndsey. He said to the camera, "l'll be back at 1pm with Caroline who'll be in the kitchen with her rabbit" REALLY!!!! And l thought they were just for the bedroom!" :angel:

the frumpy foghorn was selling a tommy and kate 'high end' green leather shopper rattling on at her usual thousand words
of bull per minute when she said 'maybe you are looking for a present for her for mothering sunday.. ok you wont get it in
time for mothering sunday, but you can tell her what shes getting or if you are not actually seeing her on sunday till next
week or something get it sent directly to her, brilliant, but it wont be there in time for sunday, but at the end of the day
its a really nice present today and ladies its unusual as well isnt it.....

so there you go... a crappy bag for your mum for mothers day which she wont get anyway, thanks for that caroline...
and btw she said all that in around 10 seconds! go on you try doing that... ive never ever heard such a motormouth
before, its just a load of inane drivel

the frumpy foghorn was selling a tommy and kate 'high end' green leather shopper rattling on at her usual thousand words
of bull per minute when she said 'maybe you are looking for a present for her for mothering sunday.. ok you wont get it in
time for mothering sunday, but you can tell her what shes getting or if you are not actually seeing her on sunday till next
week or something get it sent directly to her, brilliant, but it wont be there in time for sunday, but at the end of the day
its a really nice present today and ladies its unusual as well isnt it.....

so there you go... a crappy bag for your mum for mothers day which she wont get anyway, thanks for that caroline...
and btw she said all that in around 10 seconds! go on you try doing that... ive never ever heard such a motormouth
before, its just a load of inane drivel

Frumplestiltskin will literally say anything to get a sale.

I hope she enjoys her scuba sinking, sorry diving holiday so much that she stays there.

She is now pushing the utterly hideous sprout ring as an alternative Easter gift. I'm thinking most people would rather have some chucklet.

And she just said someone has bought nine of an antique style, BRONZE PLATED (I kid you not) ring for £3.99 and boasted 'you can do this with one phonecall and why wouldn't you at just £4'.

Pity you cannot get it delivered with one lot of P+P. By my reckoning the rings would cost £35.91 and the delivery £71.91 so well over £100 for 9, bronze plated rings.

There's one born every day, and Sit Up know it.

Last edited:
Frumplestiltskin will literally say anything to get a sale.

I hope she enjoys her scuba sinking, sorry diving holiday so much that she stays there.

She is now pushing the utterly hideous sprout ring as an alternative Easter gift. I'm thinking most people would rather have some chucklet.

And she just said someone has bought nine of an antique style, BRONZE PLATED (I kid you not) ring for £3.99 and boasted 'you can do this with one phonecall and why wouldn't you at just £4'.

Pity you cannot get it delivered with one lot of P+P. By my reckoning the rings would cost £35.91 and the delivery £71.91 so well over £100 for 9, bronze plated rings.

There's one born every day, and Sit Up know it.

And when she told Peter Sherlock, all he said was 'reallyyy'

And when she told Peter Sherlock, all he said was 'reallyyy'

Indeed Momma, what a bargain eh? She's gone on holiday now thank goodness, missin' ya already Cazza.

But honestly I have heard it all now, Bronze Plated Jewellery? So what's the base material, coal?

well i really hope the 'bargain hunter' who multi-buyed 9 of those hideous bleedin awful things are happy with their purchase!
only £109.35!!!! it never ceases to amaze me how some people are so gullible it really is beyond belief

Peter Sherlock: "£17.99! We've matched the price from this morning. We don't want to rip anyone off."

Yes, because Bid TV never rip people off :dull:

guys please stop with the personal comments about the presenters size

the points you make about Caroline are quite right ( i havent watched her for more than 5 minutes since i started to watch bid btw its to painful)

but as i said with james russell making it about somebodys appearance lessens your very good arguments

guys please stop with the personal comments about the presenters size

the points you make about Caroline are quite right ( i havent watched her for more than 5 minutes since i started to watch bid btw its to painful)

but as i said with james russell making it about somebodys appearance lessens your very good arguments

I shouldn't get so uptight NTB, it's merely banter. These guys know what to expect, they give enough BS out over the airwaves so they deserve a bit of stick back!

However if the posts offend you it's easy to set up an ignore list in your account settings but with all due respect I don't think it's an individuals place to tell others what they should and shouldn't post. That's a Moderators job, and they do it very well :happy:

Maybe we are a bit harsh sometimes but I doubt anything said on here is as harsh as some of Sit Up's allegedly dubious sales tactics.

Last edited:
Mike is selling a high end divers watch...............for £29.87!

I wonder if Carolyn picked one up for her holiday?

They really are selling some crap tonight. Electric dusters, fibre optics for the garden... and the Kate Middleton ornament is on at some point.

"just by 'em"

Simon seems to have trouble saying "P&P".

"ten pounds plus p... just buy 'em"

I shouldn't get so uptight NTB, it's merely banter. These guys know what to expect, they give enough BS out over the airwaves so they deserve a bit of stick back!

However if the posts offend you it's easy to set up an ignore list in your account settings but with all due respect I don't think it's an individuals place to tell others what they should and shouldn't post. That's a Moderators job, and they do it very well :happy:

Maybe we are a bit harsh sometimes but I doubt anything said on here is as harsh as some of Sit Up's allegedly dubious sales tactics.

they do not offend me one bit

however as we are aware at least 4 or 5 probably more bid staff read these forums if not post here

i would not like the good points to be hidden by the insults which i fear they may be

i will leave you to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back