Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone see the bit where he was selling the hand gel dispenser and he said it'll help with the recent food scares? Erm, how does that get rid of all the horse meat exactly?

Did anyone hear him going on about how much he paid for his? He said he'll bring the receipt in if he can find it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yes! Well of course we all keep receipts for mundane things like that, so I'd hold him to that.

Quite Momma, and he was going on about how much those bottles of handsoap cost. Maybe I am being stupid but wouldn't you still need to buy them to fill the ****** stupid thing up? (unless it's magic, many things are at Bid).

How many tenners, Peter?

"Only four tenners!"

How long until we get "only ten tenners!"?!

Also:

This IS NOT a Mulberry Somerset bag. This is NOT a Alexander McQueen bag. This is NOT a Chanel bag.

:grin:

not mulberry or mcqueen.jpgHe's nearly wetting himself with excitement over this bag which is 'NOT a Mulberry or McQueen'

I could have sworn both Simon and the model claimed this handbag was leather, in fact i'm certain they did, numerous times. Not according to the website it isn't.

Marla.jpg

I could have sworn both Simon and the model claimed this handbag was leather, in fact i'm certain they did, numerous times. Not according to the website it isn't.

View attachment 8790

I haven't seen that one but it wouldn't surprise me. The 'model' Sarah likes showing off her bra strap!

Hold up! AAAA tanzanite next, I recognise the design, they must have had shed loads of them.

I haven't seen that one but it wouldn't surprise me. The 'model' Sarah likes showing off her bra strap!

Hold up! AAAA tanzanite next, I recognise the design, they must have had shed loads of them.

Probably loads returned after they were valued :giggle:

If they do it dosen't show. James Russell probably thinks it's funny.
He's so used to keeping a straight face when telling tales, it's just an everyday job to him, and he probably ends up believing much/most of what he says anyway. (That is how he does it, or so I think.)

tonight St.Peter was just selling the 4pc dream home collection ornaments, we obviously got the obligatory comparison with Liliput Lane
and how bleedin wonderful they are, i was then wondering why we did'nt get to actually SEE them in the flesh, only the super close up
shots.... then i glanced up to the details in the top left hand of the screen and saw 'approx 5cms height' OMG have you seen how small
5cms is? Its miniscule..... just buy!!!!

He had to make the obligatory smutty innuendo with Wayne about 'cottages' in his intro (which is a term used by some people for public toilets, i'll say no more), deeply unpleasant.

Expect lots of tatt like the cottages when those vouchers become active, and beauties like these candle holders that look like they were made in a primary school craft class. Even Steve McDonald and Yolisa were laughing at them when nobody wanted them for a pound, he had over a hundred left.

Tea Light.jpg

Last edited:
tonight St.Peter was just selling the 4pc dream home collection ornaments, we obviously got the obligatory comparison with Liliput Lane
and how bleedin wonderful they are, i was then wondering why we did'nt get to actually SEE them in the flesh, only the super close up
shots.... then i glanced up to the details in the top left hand of the screen and saw 'approx 5cms height' OMG have you seen how small
5cms is? Its miniscule..... just buy!!!!

I wish they'd state the actual measurements for some of their jewellery items! I know they "blow them up" a hell of a lot to show them on screen, but I usually try looking at the model wearing them and see how they stand out, they still manage to make the stuff look a lot bigger. I bought a sterling silver pendant with a tanzanite stone in, it was really, really cheap, but it looked wearable. When I got it, the whole thing was so teensy, it just wasn't worth having. It wasn't even worth returning for what I'd have got back, so it's just chucked in the bottom of the kitchen drawer. Lesson well and truly learnt though. I will NEVER buy "fine" jewellery from them again. I guess if they did put the minuscule measurements nobody would buy it!

I wish they'd state the actual measurements for some of their jewellery items! I know they "blow them up" a hell of a lot to show them on screen, but I usually try looking at the model wearing them and see how they stand out, they still manage to make the stuff look a lot bigger. I bought a sterling silver pendant with a tanzanite stone in, it was really, really cheap, but it looked wearable. When I got it, the whole thing was so teensy, it just wasn't worth having. It wasn't even worth returning for what I'd have got back, so it's just chucked in the bottom of the kitchen drawer. Lesson well and truly learnt though. I will NEVER buy "fine" jewellery from them again. I guess if they did put the minuscule measurements nobody would buy it!

The weight of the solid gold (on those rare occasions it actually is solid gold) wouldn't go a miss either.

But in fairness to Bid even Argos rarely mention gold weight on their website.

True, but with any high street shop, you are able to have a look at an item before you decide to buy. I'm certain I wouldn't have placed orders for a lot of the stuff I've bought from bid if I was able to see it, and handle it first. You rely so heavily on what the presenter tells you. I can see through most of the bullcrap I think, but I think if something is flimsy, I wish they could be a bit more honest. Either by putting the dimensions and weight in the text and using such words as fine, delicate, dainty, instead of stunning, beautiful, gorgeous - that tells the viewer nothing. The crappy necklace I bought was described as an investment piece - A downright lie, it's as much as an investment as a minuscule chip of a good piece of diamond is- worth sod all. Anyway, like I said lesson well and truly learned there!

Latest posts

Back