Help with internet sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I bought a product from someone I thought was OK. He has not sent the product out - I know this is the case. I have contacted him by email, by phone, by mobile. Only reply I received was when I asked if he was I'll and I got a text msg back saying he was a little ill
and that he would ask his wife to go to the office. I paid by PayPal can I ask PayPal to refund the money?

Go to Myebay and purchase history. Click on the relevant purchase and you should see an option to report a problem, you should then be directed to the Resolution Centre where you can select the specific problem and request that Ebay investigate for you. You'll get a refund without a problem if the item hasn't been received. HTH.

How long has elapsed since paying thru paypal? Is there anything in the listing about only posting on certain days of the week? Have a look at his feedback to see whether he's often kept people waiting.

If it's a rare item, something you really want and if the seller doesn't seem to make a habit of slow despatch you may want to give him a few more days. If you won an auction at a very low price he may be trying to wriggle out of the deal so he can relist it.

The "illness" or "I've been in hospital" excuse is over-used and a bit lame. The listing in "my ebay" will give an approximate delivery date based on the level of postage chosen, these are quite generous so if this date has passed I'd open a case and see if it jolts him into action.

Jude xx

I believe that irrespective of any excuses you need to open a case within a given period of time, (something like 28-30 days I recall). I had to report an item not arriving & not being refunded for an item returned. Both times I got it sorted successfully. If you report outside of their maximum time permitted they won't take up the case, I know by a friend of mine so please report it & follow the instructions within the time x.

Thanks for the replies. As the item was not from EBay but I used Paypal to buy it, I opened a dispute with them and was given a date by which I had to lodge a claim. As the seller has not responded, I have opened a claim and waiting until 8th March for the seller to respond.

paypal are very good in paticular in relation to buyers. you will get your money no problem

paypal are very good in paticular in relation to buyers. you will get your money no problem
Yes got my money back yesterday. I had to raise a dispute with Paypal against the supplier and I was reimbursed on the final day that the supplier had been given to respond. Painless - will use PayPal as often as possible.

Latest posts

Back