Jackie Kabler

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Watched her present the Kipling hour. It is amazing how quickly she has settled in @ the Q. I was worried she might not find it challenging enough, but she appears to be a natural. After reporting in hazardous situations for GMTV and for other employers, one would assume that this would be a doddle, but being a reporter and a shopping tv presenter require very different skills. So far, very good. Well done, Jackie.

I never watch GMTV so didn't know who she was,but I can honestly say she is fast becoming my favourite presenter.
Lynn

I like her hair-do

Speaking of which i can't see her doing wigs yet. Ever so slightly aloof. Reminds me a bit of Keenan.

It's really odd that on QVC's Facebook page everyone seem rather less keen on her based on the Kipling show. I thought she was quite competent but I didn't actually warm to her that much.

Yes I like her too. She seemed very relaxed.
Yes, I saw another bit of her presentation this evening and she looked as if she has been doing QVC for years, so relaxed, calm and speaking well, no screeching, no wagging fingers etc. She came across very professional:happy:

Nice she sticks to the job in hand, doesn't go on about her family. school run etc etc.

It's really odd that on QVC's Facebook page everyone seem rather less keen on her based on the Kipling show. I thought she was quite competent but I didn't actually warm to her that much.

Well I have to agree with the Facebookers. Whilst she appears very competent a nd natural, she was quite rude to Marie-F because she talked over her for the majority of the presentation. Poor M-F could hardly get a word in!

Well I have to agree with the Facebookers. Whilst she appears very competent a nd natural, she was quite rude to Marie-F because she talked over her for the majority of the presentation. Poor M-F could hardly get a word in!
I don't go on Facebook, but I was coming to say exactly that, Gemma. I've liked Jackie on the couple of other shows I've seen her present - very competant and calm if rather cool. I didn't like the way she was with Marie-Francoise this pm though. She rather took over the show - M-F had almost to apologise for trying to say something at one point. It was a shame to see M-F's enthusiasm a bit flattened by Jackie. I'm sure she'll relax more given time and be a bit warmer in approach.

Hmm I totally agree about Jackie. I took to her the first couple of times I saw her. As you say, calm, no airs and graces etc but I saw that Kipling show and the With sleeves one yesterday and thought she just needs to lighten up a bit now, maybe crack a smile. Wasnt so keen yesterday. It must be hard to get the balance just right but she came over a bit aloof and distant.

The little I have seen of Jackie I like.I think she is in her early forties but to me she looks the oldest of the female presenters, I have no idea why I feel like that, as she doesn't have a lived in face and she has a nice figure, maybe it could be her staid presenting style, or maybe it's just me...

The little I have seen of Jackie I like.I think she is in her early forties but to me she looks the oldest of the female presenters, I have no idea why I feel like that, as she doesn't have a lived in face and she has a nice figure, maybe it could be her staid presenting style, or maybe it's just me...

Born in Coventry in 1970. Just googled her and up came an old photo of a young Jackie with a dark brown bob. I'm glad I didn't see the Marie Francoise show so I can still say that really like Jackie. BB has a point when he says she's a bit reserved but what's wrong with that? She's pleasant, doesn't spill her guts or gabble and preen and that's key to not irritating us half to death.

really like her, she is not in "yer face" begging, bullying and braying for sales. She was on the other day when I got in after a really demanding and emotional day at work and it was almost like the old days of Q when watching it was a real escape from the trials of life. I find her very watch-able and professional

She is very professional. I like the fact she does not talk so much about herself. Not hungry for validation or admiration.
Do get a bit peeved off with the ones that need to be adored eg Julia, Catherine - so desperate for approval, Jill Franks - me, me, me - though I do quite like her.

Latest posts

Back