Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

FedUp

Registered Shopper
Hello Ladies (and gents!), I'm a first timer here on the site but have lurked for a while - Hi to you All!

I've deliberately opened a new thread so everyone who has ordered the TSV today is aware of a major error down to QVC. Thanks to Gem Genie/Chess on the original thread for posting this in the first place. Basically, if you have ordered the French then you are going to get the Bold set and vice versa.

I ordered mine this morning at 6am and have just called Customer Services and the woman sounded like she was pulling her hair out with the stress of it. She said that QVC had only just been made aware that the colours were round the wrong way and it's been passed to another department to decide what to do. She offered to cancel my order and go on the advanced order list and that's all they are offering at the moment while they decide what to do.

She confirmed that this affects everyone who has ordered today. I asked why they couldn't just change the orders so if you have ordered the Bold believing it to be French then they manually change it so you get the French but she said they can't do it because the orders are in process. She would not confirm how many people this affects but I would imagine it's thousands.

Luckily I was in two minds about which colour to order because I plan on using my stash of regular nail polish in between the layers and I like both sets of colour but, if you definitely want a particular colour, then I would call CS ASAP to see if you can get it on advanced orders.

This is an absolute shambles on their part...

Don't know what's going on!
I just went to check & the little square pictures are definitely the opposite way round to what they were when I ordered.
When I ordered & clicked on the square it definitely said the right colour & the right colour in the shopping basket. So now they're saying it's been wrong all day? What an incompetent shambles.

Is this just the website? i ordered by Qcut. If they have it wrong, its going to cost them a fortune as they will have to pay for the return p & p!!

Yes welcome Fedup! I hope the feeling won't stay beyond the shambolic TSV! I waited up especially to make sure the french manicure was available so I'd get it asap! What a mare! The only thing is, if I use any of it they'll probably throw a wobbler so will have to keep it unused to be on the safe side & send back for the alternative colour. I'll call CS, thank you for the heads up. :mysmilie_504:

Oh my word, how can they make such a balls up on what they must have expected to be a massive TSV?
I wonder how they found out

I just rang to check my order, placed on the web at 12.20 am. I chose the bright colours, the order said they were the colours I had ordered, and so I confirmed my order. I just rang to check and was told I had ordered the french manicure. The operator made out that no-one had been told there that there was a problem (I find that very difficult to believe!). I was offered a return label, full refund (when it got back of course!!) and to go on waitlist for the correct set with the right colours. I bought this through top cashback, so if they cancel that order (or I send it back) then I don't get the cashback. QVC, what the hell is going on!!

Hi everyone. I came in late this evening and decided to watch QVC while waiting for Holby to start. I have dithered about this gel nail system for ages but as it was on Easypay I decided to order it and duly went along to the website which is my favourite way of ordering always.

I clicked on the dark colour option but noticed straight away that it came up as "French".

I could not risk getting the wrong order so decided to phone in the order instead. It was me who informed them that the pictures were wrong on the website and the operator looked herself and agreed with me.

I told her that I definitely wanted the dark colours no matter what they were listed as.

My order is on Waitlist but if they send the wrong ones then it won't be me paying to send them back I can tell you.

Welcome to the forum FedUp :wave:

I ordered this morning too and I did click on the correct option. Said bold and beautiful when I ordered, just phoned CS and yes I am getting the french. Too late to cancel as its being processed. She said they are aware of this and it has been passed on for someone to rectify it or come up with a solution. I am expected to get a phone call before I receive the kit!!

Thank you again for brining this to our attention :mysmilie_504:

Or in Q's case where's the "daft" button gone lol! Just called CS, they'll send me a free returns label & my french manicure set is on waitlist so won't get it for my birthday, great! But at least I will get the correct one, eventually thanks to this forum!

Hey ladeez, just had a thought...When these truckloads of them arrive at Q do you think the masses of excess stock will end up in clearance? ;0)

Is this true? How do we know?

The sensible approach would be to send out the orders and email everyone to let them know the proper colours wiil be sent to everyone in x number of days and, as a gesture of good will we can keep the wrong ones as well. 'tis the right way to avoid another PR shambles...companies such as Lakeland would do this.

If it's a Q cock up they should compensate Red Carpet, but if the boxes were labelled incorrectly by RCM they'll be stung with all the returned sets, this is always the case; the vendor stands the cost of returns not QVC.

Franks is showing the TSV now but no mention of the problem. TBH I don't mind if they send the wrong set, but if I now order thr Brights set on advanced orders thinking it'll be the French set when it arrives, what's the betting they'll have sorted out the problem by then and I'd end up with 2 Brights set!

Do the right thing Q, surprise us!

Jude xx

If you want the French on waitlist you will get it in March, if you want the bold, it won't come out until April. Diabolical

They would do better simply sending us all the additional set.
(Hope so anyway)

I did actually say to Customer Services they should send everyone both sets of colours as a gesture of goodwill but the lady said she couldn't comment on what they would do as it wasn't up to her and the department concerned were still deciding what to do.

We can live in hope!

That would be a reezult getting 2 sets for the price of 1 but somehow I doubt it knowing Q. Have to say I've never known of such a cock up on a TSV. Just think ladies, every cloud..."extra set in clearance/last clicks" They're bound to have masses they can't re-sell:wink:

I ordered the French this morning,again I checked it said French when it was in my basket.
I have been told the same,the golds are on order.
I was told that as they are aware of the problem I could recieve the correct item.But a prepaid label is on the way just in case it is wrong,also now have a French on advanced order.
What a mess!!

Latest posts

Back