Morphy Richards Stand Mixer TSV 22/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cant beat (no pun intended) a bit of smut

BB not sure where you would put the pelvic floor exerciser though

Goodness we're smutty aren't we! :giggle:

So is 300w crap? I'm not planning to be using it every day, i only cook for myself and like to chuck the odd cake together so I don't need a "workhorse" a la kitchenaid. Surely a brand like this wouldn't create machine that wasnt up to the job?

I can't find a review of it ANYwhere though!

I found this advice online earlier Burlz

The power of the mixer motor needs to be big enough, as well. Mixers with 250 watts at the low end are sufficient for standard home-cooking, but serious chefs who require rigorous kneading will want models with 325 watts upwards.

I think around 600 watts would suit me. I'm going to watch at midnight but think I'll probably wait, will be re-arranging my kitchen later this year so might have more room. There seems to be quite a lot about 1000 watts for around a £100 or so.

I really liked the look of this but not convinced the wattage would be good enough, there is a good housekeeping review on the all about you website of a 700 watt model which looks very similar and it does not get a brilliant review in my opinion, I might have a watch and see how good it seems, x

Just looked at the 'all about you' website for the Kitchenartisan which got a good write up and that is only 300watts as well. But I still think the more watts the better.

It does not have a planetary action like the other stand mixers eg Kenwood, Kitchenaid etc

But the PP seems quite reasonable (for QVC. that is)

Im embarrassed for the machine, the demos are doing it no favours at all lol its basically one of them hand mixers on a stand lol

The Kitchen Aid Artisan only has a 300w motor as well, but seems to cost nearly eight times as much! I suppose it's a case of you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back