Morphy Richards Stand Mixer TSV 22/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Doesn't mix correctly - you'd be better off with a £10 hand mixer out of Argos!

QVC are selling some rubbish at the moment, amazed it hasn't got the cooks essential branding on it.

Doesn't mix correctly - you'd be better off with a £10 hand mixer out of Argos!

QVC are selling some rubbish at the moment, amazed it hasn't got the cooks essential branding on it.

Time to sack the buyers? They really are flogging some c**p at the moment!

This TSV looks rubbish no idea how it could have an RRP of £99.99 , the qvc price is way over priced should be nearer the £30 mark. And the morphy richards slicer they were showing for £45. IW had the tefal version for £29.99 earlier today

Personally,if you are only an occasional baker or short on space, then I think you are much better off with a good quality hand mixer (ie Kenwood Kmix or Kitchenaid) than a cheap stand mixer. A good hand mixer will be more than capable of producing decent sponges, meringues, bread doughs, icing etc, it just can't deal with larger capacity baking. So, if you are thinking about cakes of the size of an 8" Victoria sponge or 6-egg white pavlova, invest in a decent hand mixer and some cheap mixing bowls and you'll be sorted.

I can't understand why they sell dough hooks with these light weight mixers as you would never be able to use them as the dough mixture would be too heavy for this type of machine. This TSV looks like a hand whisk on a stand to me and there are much better options. My old Kenwood chef has never let me down and is used a lot.

Just been watching the morning show and seen this and this that it does indeed look like a sewing machine without the bowl. Cannot say I am impressed tbh, it doesn't seem to mix the ingredients properly. Re: buying this and buying a more expensive machine - I have over the years purchased a few 'cheaper' items and they have not lasted long. What is the saying.... buy cheap, buy twice! My hubby bought me my Kitchenaid Artisan in boysenberry 2 1/2 years ago for our 24th anniversary (or rather, I bought it and he paid lol... :rock:) as I lusted after one. I absolutely love it although to be fair, I do not use it all the time, but after 24 years of substandard products, I decided that the time was right for a more expensive and long lasting machine and it does look gorgeous sitting there

The TSV looks rubbish.

I bought a Kenwood a couple of years ago as I couldn't justify the price for a Kitchaid - got a good bargain - £150 on Amazon. But still lusted after the Kitchenaid. When I received a small inheritance in December the first thing I bought was a Candy Apple Red Kitchenaid Artisan. Although it does just the same job it just looks so lovely and take pride of place in my kitchen. Makes me smile every time I look at it. I even sold the Kenwood for £120 so didn't lose much money. You get what you pay for in my opinion.

Having seen the demonstrations, if you already have a hand mixer and a bowl I can't see any advantage to this, and agree not good for making bread. The best thing is the convenience of being able to fold it away, and it's not a bad price for what it is IMO. I'll definitely be doing research for something else.

She had it on the slowest speed and it was going like the clappers. Would be impossible to stir or mix anything slowly. It all looked very frantic and doll-like.

She had it on the slowest speed and it was going like the clappers. Would be impossible to stir or mix anything slowly. It all looked very frantic and doll-like.
Just seen it demoed and she held the bowl (which normally revolves) to slow it down. This was also the way to mix up the ingredients that were stuck to the side of the bowl.
Think l'll be sticking to my handheld mixer.

It totally defeats the point if u have to stand there with ur hand on the bowl surely . Having bought a hand mixer which came with a stand from Argos a few years ago (on offer for £15) i can say there pretty usless, i end up taking the hand mixer off the stand for everything as it doesnt mix properly and if try making anything with a heavy consistency the bowl stops moving. I notice they havent made bread or pasty so far wonder why? ( well they havent in the shows ive watched anyway)

i watched last night & decided it wasnt going to be any good for my cake making needs, the housing is plastic & I seriously think it will struggle with a heavy fruit cake mix , wouldn't surprise me if the motor burns out after 6 months

I have been looking for a good quality mixer at a reasonable price for a long time , but i cant afford the hundreds they want for a good quality machine so i will stick to my hand mixer

Latest posts

Back