What book are you reading?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ive just finished reading a novel thats not too long ...picked off shelf in staffroom...its called The Gift by Ceceilia Ahern ...its a very nice moving story ...dont let the christmas theme put you off in the middle of summer lol x

All of her novels are a good read and many have an unusual angle.

I love reading but sadly never remember what I've read half the time. In the middle of the final Wallander book - The Troubled Man. I have only read a couple of his but it's enough background info for me to thoroughly enjoy this one. I find his character very realistic and quite vulnerable although I can't help feeling that the author thinks 60 is the beginning of the end. Maybe it is but then I'm burying my head in the sand! I have read quite a few Scandi novels now and really enjoy them although I find Camilla Lackberg's less good.

I don't have a Kindle of any description although keep toying with idea of buying one. Problem is I'm cheap and like picking up books in charity shops.

Just finished reading a book called "My Dear, I want to tell you . . .. " It was brilliant and very moving and based on a lot of fact.

ive just finished reading a novel thats not too long ...picked off shelf in staffroom...its called The Gift by Ceceilia Ahern ...its a very nice moving story ...dont let the christmas theme put you off in the middle of summer lol x

May have you tried any Jojo Moyes books? If you like Cecila Ahern then you will like her or Marian Keys.

I am reading Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher (Tom from McFlys Mrs and sister of a TOWIE) I am halfway through now and its really good

I am reading The Detectives Daughter by Lesley Thomson. After the first couple of chapters I wasn't keen but on reading more I am liking it more and more and it is becoming quite mysterious not my sort of book usually but enjoying the read.

I am reading The Detectives Daughter by Lesley Thomson. After the first couple of chapters I wasn't keen but on reading more I am liking it more and more and it is becoming quite mysterious not my sort of book usually but enjoying the read.

I've just finished that, it was ok but wouldn't be in my top 10.

I have just started the first Jack Rearcher by Lee Childs, not quite what I was expecting (not totally sure what that was) but think it may be a good 'un.

Just wanted to share with you avid readers, I have found a great site on ebay called, "world of books". It's a charitable run book seller and there are thousands of titles going at really inexpensive prices. Unlike some ahem shopping channels (no names no pack drill), the postage is all included. My last book I got from them was the "Kenneth Williams Diaries". It is a Hard back and 870 pages long and the condition was great. Oh............... and the total price of just £2.81 delivered. Why not support the seller and do a good charitable purchase at the same time. When I have finished the book, I will drop it off at the local charity shop. The books are all second hand and the condition is well described. At that price, I like to read and pass it on. :mysmilie_59:

I know this is an old thread but I had to use it to recommend An Italian Affair by Caroline Montague. I'm a fast reader & read this book over this warm & sunny weekend. It's a must if you enjoy novels about families, Italy, love, bravery & World War II.

The Real Peggy Sue by ..... guess who? That's right, Peggy Sue (she was real you know and married Buddy Holly's drummer).

He fancied her, and when Buddy first wrote the song, it was called Cindy Lou.

The drummer (Buddy's best friend Jerry Allison) asked him to change it to Peggy Sue.

Buddy and Jerry both got married weeks apart, then went on joint honeymoons.

I am not called Stratobuddy for nothing LOL. (Buddy played a Strat guitar).

I'm reading one of the Maigret novellas by Georges Simenon. I'd like to try on in French just to see the difference the translator has made. They are very much of their time, but that is half the pleasure.

Latest posts

Back