Wayne the chef in action

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That was last week iirc. Kept throwing some manky looking old new potatoes in (skins left ON) saying its a great thickening agent.

Cant be many soups out there with Potato skin in but each & to their own....... Might be a scouse delicacy.

The carrot and coriander soup looked like bear diorreah. :puke:

Imagine him on the Bake Off?

Even the delightful Mary Berry would probably tell him to fu................ :grin:

Those videos are hilarious abdou! My word, he is the Frank Spencer of cooking!

Last edited:
Ha ha! I'm a hopeless cook - I made carrot and coriander soup once but must have overdone the coriander slightly as after I blended it it was the unmistakable (and most definitely unappetising) colour of bile... but then again I'm not a 'professional' being paid to impress potential customers with my culinary skills :wink:

Wayne made a stew the other day and Mark Stewart claimed the dumplings were crunchy on the outside, and light and fluffy inside.

They looked like hand grenades.

Saw that too, I thought dumplings were supposed to be light and fluffy on the outside too! If you saw that then you probably saw the steak n' chips underdone/completely buggered combo - I dunno how he managed that feat. The "bitesized" piece of meat took Mark about 5 minutes to chew, and the chips were almost as black on the inside as the were on the outside, yet he blustered on in his usual manner, even saying how light and crispy they looked - looked more like firewood to me!

Love the soup vids, dunno which is the funniest, the boiled potato and broccoli combo, or the tin of tomatoes! Makes me wanna pick up that phone and buy a soup kettle (er not!)

I saw that too, didn't realise dumplings were meant to be crunchy. If you saw that, then you probably saw the steak n' chips - underdone/burnt combo, an achievement in itself. The chips were almost black, yet he blustered on, even saying how light and crispy they were and literally had to saw one open, to reveal an unappetising yellowed crusty centre....Yum!

The steak that Wayne said was a cheap cut? Mark Stewart couldn't talk because it was so chewy.

It was like one of those plastic dog toys.

His Tomato Soup was a simple classic though. A 20p tin of Toms, and some dried herbs.

Delicious.

steak.jpg

That was the one! You've gotta love him though!

I just don't know what to make of him really. Is it another Sit Up piss take that he is so bad they just want to see if they can still shift their crap? Or maybe he is one of the bosses boyfriend and that's how he got the gig?

I know the 'chefs' on Ideal World and QVC are pretty crap too but Wayne is something else.

But he seems like a nice enough chap though.

Think of celebrated TV chefs and you'll think of Delia Smith, Gordon Ramsay, Heston Blumenthal, Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson.

And then there's Wayne. Who would probably burn water if he boiled it.

Loved the videos though! :giggle:

hang on here a minute..... i don't think you all realise who he is.....
St.Peter Simon said recently he was one of his close personal friends who has been on many cookery shows and is always in the cookery magazines...
i believe it cos Peter said so :cheeky:

hang on here a minute..... i don't think you all realise who he is.....
St.Peter Simon said recently he was one of his close personal friends who has been on many cookery shows and is always in the cookery magazines...
i believe it cos Peter said so :cheeky:

Wayne probably catered for Tommy & Kate's big gala launch of their summer collection in Milan.

All the top stars were there. Duncan Norvelle, The Krankies, Jan Leeming, Bernie Clifton (though the Comedy Ostrich was at Donatella's launch instead).

Latest posts

Back