Susan Graver TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone see the TSV launch show ? It was like when your radio isn't quite tuned in and you can hear two different stations at once with Ali K and Susan Graver talking over each other. The constant overexcited 'wow' s when SG saw her own products were incredibly disingenuous.

I just don't get why anyone would buy the TSV as, in my opinion, it is awful but obviously people must buy her stuff and lots of it as SG announced that she has just won 'Vendor of the year'. How did that happen ???????

Last edited:
It really is time the buyers realised that the majority of fashion which suits the American market does not appeal to us ladies across the pond.

Wow have you all got it out of your system!! I happen to like quite a bit of the Susan Graver range, actually, like quite a few other people! I have many of her plain camisoles and sleeved tops as well as a few print tops as they do not cling at all, they hang well, consistent sizing and look great on! Unlike K&C which cling like mad, sizing is beyond inconsistent as the last TSV confirmed! No I don't like today's TSV but then I am sure many people do like it and I am not going to lambast the designer or those people just because we all have different tastes and its not mine! I have to say some of the recent K&C dresses are beyond awful, the Yong Kim is expensive rags etc etc, now many of you like these ranges but many like me don't we are all different but carry on having a laugh at others expense why don't you!! Its a Monday morning and I am fed up!!!!! But now that is all out of my system!!

You have to learn to take it on the chin DW lol! :wink:

(I don't dislike the black & white one.......hiding!)

No I don't think so I am just as entitled to say what I want as they are, I bet they have all ordered the TSV anyway :grin:

I don't like the TSV either. I have bought clothes from QVC in the following ranges - Kim & Co ( a few dresses), Ingenue (dresses again), Antthony (a pair of jeans and a top) and in shoes, 1 pair of sketchers.I have returned items from all of them except Antthony.

I think we all have different taste, so if I ever say I don't like a TSV or if I am out shopping and point to a dress in a window and say out loud "isn't that hideous!" I don't mean to insult the person reading my post or standing behind me in the street, but if they are deeply offended because they happen to like it then perhaps they need a thicker skin as I am sure there is plenty of stuff I like that they think is equally hideous!

It would be so boring if we were all the same.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

perhaps they need a thicker skin as I am sure there is plenty of stuff I like that they think is equally hideous!

It would be so boring if we were all the same.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

If you are implying I need a thicker skin it is nothing of the sort I just get a bit fed up of people being bitchy for the sake of it and not giving any room or thought to the fact we are all different and have different likes and dislikes. Its funny that it seems if you have a different point of view it must be your fault and it is something wrong with you, very strange! I am not a sheep and don't blindly follow the cool clique I have my own opinion but it seems some possibly see that as wrong on here.

You have to learn to take it on the chin DW lol! :wink:

(I don't dislike the black & white one.......hiding!)

Me too, Frazzled, but I am not buying. I don't like the beige, but I think it will sell first. It just shows how different tastes are.
I find that Susan Grover is another designer who has now increased her prices. Her prices used to be reasonable.
I have only ever bought 2 of her items, one which was a TSV tunic that looked really nice on the screen, but when it came it was huge and not worth the money...it went back.
The other was a two set, a V neck tank top with an embroidered shirt which was good value for money, as an OTO, but did not suit me, I gave it away, unworn.

I don't like today's TSV but I've got a few of her plain longer length tunics from a few years ago. They fit remarkably well and wash like a dream. You can't damn a whole range of clothes on the strength of one item that you might not like.

I bought a couple of her black polo neck liquid knit tops three or four years ago for the sole purpose of wearing under shirts and tops in winter. They are still going strong, just wash and tumble dry, no ironing. They keep me lovely and warm in the winter. :sun:

I've got one of her tops. It's a heavyweight sweatshirt knit fabric ... a swing tunic with two pockets and 3/4 length sleeves. Looks fab with jeans. It had bobbled a bit but its easy to get it back to looking good with one of those fabric combs. And I do wear it a lot. Bought the exact same top in coral and it was really poor quality material. Very odd as it was the ridiculous to the sublime.

I now have 4 of her tops. I repurchased them when I lost 3 dress sizes. I enjoy sewing but the idea of reconfiguring sleeve inserts etc. put me off the adjusting. Besides, seeing the SmallerSize label is gratifying. I think rebuying the exact top but in a smaller size, shows that I like the style, it suits me and the Garment is Quality. But today's TSV is, IMO, VeryHyacinth. It seems that the latest offerings from most of the 'designers' look like MaternityWear. Billowing material, multi-tiers of fabric, ruffles, ruching under the bust, etc. x IMOSnarly

I now have 4 of her tops. I repurchased them when I lost 3 dress sizes. I enjoy sewing but the idea of reconfiguring sleeve inserts etc. put me off the adjusting. Besides, seeing the SmallerSize label is gratifying. I think rebuying the exact top but in a smaller size, shows that I like the style, it suits me and the Garment is Quality. But today's TSV is, IMO, VeryHyacinth. It seems that the latest offerings from most of the 'designers' look like MaternityWear. Billowing material, multi-tiers of fabric, ruffles, ruching under the bust, etc. x IMOSnarly

I saw the start of the ' Get shapely with spanx' show at 11.00 and Anne Dawson was wearing the beige TSV and it went through my mind how it resembled a maternity top.

I would consider buying the black and white of the TSV but if it was cut on generous size it would run the risk of looking matronly on me. I don't own any of her range, I ordered a top previously but didn't like the fit and sent it back.

In fact I've just ordered the black and white TSV.

I am now basking in the glow of my bad taste and lack of fashion sense.

I quite liked the black and white one. Thought it looked good on AK. By the measurements I would need an XS which is ridiculous - although I have lost one and a half stone in the last year there is no way I should be an XS. Their sizing in all the ranges are hopeless. I need a size 10 in the DG jeans - but am a size 12 High Street!!!

I have a theory.

I'm convinced that there is just ONE factory churning out all this stuff, and all the American designers i.e. Anttony, Susan G, Diane G, Renee, Nina Leonard, George Simonton, Tiana B, and Ronni Nicole (with the exception of Kim, she's Canadian) are really employees of this factory who just turn up every second month on a 'jolly' to London, and front the shows.

Latest posts

Back