Barry Norman's Silver Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Thought it might be nice to watch the Silver Hour this evening - but no…

Mainly Pipa and a load of Twatters doing "Film 1980's"…yak yak, screech, aaarrrggh!!

(and I think her hair is awful!)

Ah, that feels better…:sun:

It was absolutely dreadful. Pipa shrieking, no focus on the items. silly nonsense about films and tweeting. I gave up. Pipa is no longer watchable for me.

The model, Mel, was the complete opposite. Sedate. Poised. Professional. Saw what I wanted and ordered from the preview. Watched, muted mostly. Like being someone's date at a wedding, with them talking about people you don't know. I don't tweet and not seen that many movies, so her ecstasies and outbursts were of no consequence to me. She was rapturous about movies and reading every tweet, "Have I got them all?" Maybe, 10%, was information about the products she purportedly was selling. Grrr - SnarlyWasSnarly

Im afraid for me Pipa (one P) is as false as a van load of monkeys and a very close second to Claire Sutton yeh yeh yeh!

So much for the link in an earlier thread that stated the presenters say verbatim what they hear from the gallery via their earpiece :mysmilie_845:

There are so few silver hours these days, so i was really looking. forward to it. Well thanks Pippa for spoiling it, Why on earth she ,or the powers that be, think anyone gives a toss what Pippa or the viewers favourite film is, is just beyond me. I want product information, this shouldn't be incidental and almost an aside to the" twittering"
Increasingly,Pippa is becoming one of the most irritating presenters( she used to be one of my favourites)

I don't like her hair either.

Was probably Q's contribution to Red Nose Day. Glad to say I missed this as was at a Scripts concert, now that was an absolutely fantastic way to spend an evening....

Gosh, DebraJane, I'm gonna have to Google that one. My Scripts are from the doctor and optician. Ho-Hum. :mysmilie_490: DulllsvilleSnarly (I'm at a friend's computer and picking out the Emocions is the highlight of my week. I kid you not!) lol

Perhaps coming top in our poll of favourite female presenters has gone to her head.....

It was a dreadful show. None or hardly any product info all about films and tweets. Pipa then made a gaff n the OPI hour mentioning Adele's nails being painted underneath the free edge at the Brits. No Pipa it wasn't OPI it was Ciate's Jewel. OPI lady soon brought it back to them with mentioning skyfall. I'm sure Pipa said she'd started with a cold. Not sure if she's taking anything but if she is get off it - it's making you as giddy as a kipper.

Latest posts

Back