Beauty Tools & Accessories TSV 27/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It depends on your iPhone as to where the top button is but its the lock button and the home button.

Snowstorm, do you get to keep the trial item? Were you selected at random or is there a volunteer sign up procedure. Mind you Q would look at my purchasing and return record and consider me a bad risk, I'm far too critical of products these days. I suppose you have to feedback your opinion and then Q phone those who've said the test product is fabulous to give a glowing testimonial on air?

Not really tempted by this, DD's hair is too long and we've both resigned ourselves to and embrace our poker straight hair!

I'm surprised it isn't on easy pay, it would really tempt more people to buy imho

Jude xx

Oh and I forgot to say that thing will never work on me. I've got baby fine wavy hair in a sort of layered flicky bob. My hair would curl but it would stick out all over the place. I don't think any if the new gizmos ... wands etc ... are good on shorter or mid length layered hair.

Oh and I forgot to say that thing will never work on me. I've got baby fine wavy hair in a sort of layered flicky bob. My hair would curl but it would stick out all over the place. I don't think any if the new gizmos ... wands etc ... are good on shorter or mid length layered hair.

good description of my hair, too. Have you tried the BaByliss big hair styler? I do like that, it does give my hair some body.

I wish I had thicker hair.

good description of my hair, too. Have you tried the BaByliss big hair styler? I do like that, it does give my hair some body.

I wish I had thicker hair.

I have Dolly. I've got the original one and I might go for the newer smaller one at some point. I've got baby fine hair but I should have said there's masses of it. So I have quite thick looking hair but it has to be layered. I couldn't have it all one length as then it looks really heavy at the ends and flat as a pancake at the roots.

Hi everyone 1st post...this looks amazing, I wish the cheque hold option was still available - pay day is tomorrow :-(

Hi everyone 1st post...this looks amazing, I wish the cheque hold option was still available - pay day is tomorrow :-(
Hello Nixy and welcome to the forum. I think that the TSV will be available on cheaper on Amazon quite soon. Also if it doesn't sell out it may be available on an introductory price and then later it will be available on intro price plus easy pay.
I think it is only good for a few hair types probably mid length fine straight hair. Also you will get a chance to read the reviews on QVC.

If it's still available later in the day, you might want to order anyway. From what I can see, QVC authorise and charge on dispatch, not on order. So if you place an order later today, but it doesn't get processed until tomorrow, then you'll be fine. I really miss cheque payment too, though. HTH!

With regards to this gizmo, having seen the demos, I'm still not interested. I also wonder just how long lasting the curl will be. They look to me that they'd drop out in a couple of hours, tbh!

Hi Nixy and welcome, the TSV is available to order on waitlist. I sometimes wait for a sell out and order on waitlist to delay a purchase, leave it to fate to decide whether I get it, or just to hold the TSV price to get a second TSV at a later date. This type of electrical gizmo tend to be in sealed boxes so I'd have no real worries about being sent a return.

It also means that if the reviews are poor it's possible to cancel the transaction rather than faff with an expensive return.

Jude xx

Snowstorm, do you get to keep the trial item? Were you selected at random or is there a volunteer sign up procedure. Mind you Q would look at my purchasing and return record and consider me a bad risk, I'm far too critical of products these days. I suppose you have to feedback your opinion and then Q phone those who've said the test product is fabulous to give a glowing testimonial on air?

Not really tempted by this, DD's hair is too long and we've both resigned ourselves to and embrace our poker straight hair!

I'm surprised it isn't on easy pay, it would really tempt more people to buy imho

Jude xx

Hi Jude

I filled in a form saying what my interests were and then every now and again they email you with something to trial. You have to email them pretty quickly though and as I am work I often don't see the emails until I get home by then its usually too late. Yes you get to keep the product. They ask for feedback and whether you are willing to be a t caller.

Hi Jude

I filled in a form saying what my interests were and then every now and again they email you with something to trial. You have to email them pretty quickly though and as I am work I often don't see the emails until I get home by then its usually too late. Yes you get to keep the product. They ask for feedback and whether you are willing to be a t caller.

Oh and yes I am honest with my feedback. They don't always want me on air!!

Has anyone gone for this then? I was really tempted and when I checked at 5.30 am this morning it said it was on easy pays but then had to dash out to work so didn't order. It's sold out now. Think I might just wait to see reviews when they start coming in, I think my hair might be too short.

I tweeted Debs at the launch, and she asked Beverly my question - would it be suitable for below waist length hair? If I start the curl lower down, yes. So I ordered it on waitlist; if it's no good, I can return it, risk free. I concur with another poster - if the reviews are a bit negative, the order can be cancelled before despatch.

Has anyone gone for this then? I was really tempted and when I checked at 5.30 am this morning it said it was on easy pays but then had to dash out to work so didn't order. It's sold out now. Think I might just wait to see reviews when they start coming in, I think my hair might be too short.

It wasn't on easy pay that's why I didn't go for it in the end.

The viewers questions and answers were interesting...Apparently it's as hot as straighteners so it's a 100% NOOOO from me. Not only is it blisteringly hot it looks like it needs to be in direct contact with the hair for too long. Even with protective sprays on your hair they don't do a great deal against that kind of heat damage if your hair is already fine & processed like mine.
I bought that curling wand thing they did, very easy to burn your neck with it as I found out! Never used it since & thankfully it was just a small burn but was nasty. Gawd knows how it got past health & safety rules! The tip should have been made of something that doesn't get as hot as the wand imo. Another one I didn't send back, as it was too late when I discovered how potentially lethal it was DOH! Learned my lesson now tho', don't keep items I don't like anymore and don't buy nearly as much as I used to either.

Last edited:
Well mine has just arrived, so Ive tried it and sadly its going back, my hair is quite thick and past shoulder length, and Ive tried and tried even on the hot setting and barely get a curl, and it would take me hours to go round my hair with the tiny piece of hair you can put in to it.

It seems a good idea just not good for my hair, the other babyliss hair curler that was also on with this is a far better product without half as much messing about.

Will be interested to hear how others get on with it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back