Yankee Candle Man Candle Trio OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yankeedoodle do some great yankee candle offers :wink:

Theres a Hallmark outlet near me and they have Yc half price and some rare treasure frangrances so very rarely buy from Q anymore , but this Oto is very tempting, anyone had any of these frangances b4?

So the Tesco & Asda simply home candles are made by Yankee??

No A, not heard of those ones in the OTO before. Have to say earth & grass aren't really inspiring me at all. I'm sick of the smell of grass having to mow a large garden every week in the summer lol! The rugby ball one looks like it will be mud scented, hmmm nope not for me. I liked the citrus & sage they did ages ago & that was a masculine one bit these aren't pulling me in :mysmilie_468:

So the Tesco & Asda simply home candles are made by Yankee??

No A, not heard of those ones in the OTO before. Have to say earth & grass aren't really inspiring me at all. I'm sick of the smell of grass having to mow a large garden every week in the summer lol! The rugby ball one looks like it will be mud scented, hmmm nope not for me. I liked the citrus & sage they did ages ago & that was a masculine one bit these aren't pulling me in :mysmilie_468:

Yea its just a different range within Yc, there are meant to be simpler blends compared to the house warmer range. Cherry vanilla is my fav. Q sometimes have the simply home range aswell, i think there are some on Q's website tbh.

Overkill now and they aren't even soy based, hence the smoking

I only ever burn the jar candles with a shade, i learnt the lesson the hard way when i realised how much the ceiling in the lounge had discoloured lol. I use the tarts more than the Jar candles now days tbh an recently bought and eclectic tart burner so no smoke at all :clapping:

I only ever burn the jar candles with a shade, i learnt the lesson the hard way when i realised how much the ceiling in the lounge had discoloured lol. I use the tarts more than the Jar candles now days tbh an recently bought and eclectic tart burner so no smoke at all :clapping:
Do the shades really work then? Do they get all smokey and if they do are they eay to clean up?

I think the shades make a big difference,particularly if the candle is in a draughty area, i have noticed far less smoking with them, in fact hardly any, and I just wipe the shade with a paper towel to get rid of any marks/dirt etc, i have noticed some yankee scents seem to burn better than others though x

Do the shades really work then? Do they get all smokey and if they do are they eay to clean up?

Yea i would definitely recommend using one , every few days i take the shade off and the inside has all soot so just wash it off and ready to use again, they also make the flame flicker less so a more evenly burn. Id also recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame and keep the lid on for 10/15 mins after the flame has gone out, this stops the smoke from escaping and discolouring walls and ceilings.

Well I am sat looking at a large midnight jasmine jar on my mantle and can see all the soot around the top of the jar from last nights burning so I think I might just go and have a look at some shades. I always thought they were just for decoration so thanks for your replies.

I have lots of YC and love my large jars and do in fact have a couple of shades. They too do soot fairly badly but do keep the flame more still, however, I do find that mask the lovely smells so you do not get full impact

Agree re the shades. The amount of soot they collect is shocking, even with the wick trimmed short every time. However the do reduce the size of the exposed surface area of the melted bit, so with some candles they do seem to reduce the fragrance slightly.

I love my large jars, but keep burning tarts more and more these days. It's just not the same as a proper candle though!

Agree re the shades. The amount of soot they collect is shocking, even with the wick trimmed short every time. However the do reduce the size of the exposed surface area of the melted bit, so with some candles they do seem to reduce the fragrance slightly.

I love my large jars, but keep burning tarts more and more these days. It's just not the same as a proper candle though!

Ive never really noticed if they effect the frangance or not, however i do think some of the frangances give off alot more frangance than others.

That explains how so much soot ends up on my ceiling when I burn them without a shade! Perhaps a shade is a good idea after all.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Yea i would definitely recommend using one , every few days i take the shade off and the inside has all soot so just wash it off and ready to use again, they also make the flame flicker less so a more evenly burn. Id also recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame and keep the lid on for 10/15 mins after the flame has gone out, this stops the smoke from escaping and discolouring walls and ceilings.
I wouldn't burn Yankee Candle without a shade either, the shade allows you to see the amount of soot they create I don't think they cause more ... Autumn, be careful with washing the shades as they generally come with a sticker that says 'don't immerse in water' - whether that's because the water gets into the clay a bit like a terracotta pot I don't know. I just wipe them out inside regularly with a damp piece of kitchen towel. A messy job but loads easier than constantly cleaning walls/ceilings etc.

I wouldn't burn Yankee Candle without a shade either, the shade allows you to see the amount of soot they create I don't think they cause more ... Autumn, be careful with washing the shades as they generally come with a sticker that says 'don't immerse in water' - whether that's because the water gets into the clay a bit like a terracotta pot I don't know. I just wipe them out inside regularly with a damp piece of kitchen towel. A messy job but loads easier than constantly cleaning walls/ceilings etc.

Thanks for the tip tbh never read the labels ive only immersed them in water once or twice normally use a baby wipe tbh

Latest posts

Back