KitchenAid - can there be that much difference?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
QVC have one kitchenAid stand mixer, with a 6.9L stainless steel bowl; a KitchenAid stand mixer with a ss 4.25L bowl, and a 4.8L glass bowl. Both options come with: flat beater, dough hook and wire whisk. The first mixer is priced at £795.00, the second - with 2 bowls - is £372.72.
I do realise that KitchenAid is a premium brand and, if it will be in regular use, is worth the money. But, despite the small difference in capacity, over £400 more? This is unbelievable, as the cheaper model does exactly the same things as the more expensive one.

WOW, you would really have to bake for a profession to justify that amount of money (or be a show off :cake:)

the motor is more than likely more powerful than the regular kitchenaid. that capacity would be good for breadmaking on a larger scale or wedding cakes. ,my sister has this larger model and she is a show off lol

The £795 is much, much bigger than the Kitchenaid Classic or Artisan. It's more commonly used in catering than in the home.

You've hit the nail on the head, the more expensive machine is intended for professional use such as a catering or wedding cake business.

I :heart: my Kitchenaids (classic mixer and food processor), they are permanently out on my kitchen work top and used regularly.

Last edited:
I wonder whether Jill Franks has one in her cavernous bathroom?

What?

It's not such a daft question: she has every other QVC product in there and she doesn't cook

Jude xx

I wonder whether Jill Franks has one in her cavernous bathroom?

What?

It's not such a daft question: she has every other QVC product in there and she doesn't cook

Jude xx

Maybe she has the large capacity one INSTEAD of a bath in there! :grin:

WOW, you would really have to bake for a profession to justify that amount of money (or be a show off :cake:)

This is the point I was making in my opening post. Both my mum and my brother are professional chefs, so I am well aware what one can pay for a top of the range mixer and, as with KA, I do believe you gets what you pays for. I just cannot get my head around the end product being so much better, that it is worth paying over £400 more for a machine. Even the celebrity chefs use the £400-£500 models.

It won't make any difference to the end result, the difference is about capacity and the amount of work to be done eg are you going to be using your machine daily for pro-longed periods - if so, you'll need a machine engineered to work that way. If you use your machine for a time span measured in minutes rather than hours, then you don't need the higher end models. It's all about whether the engine is up to the task required.

This is the point I was making in my opening post. Both my mum and my brother are professional chefs, so I am well aware what one can pay for a top of the range mixer and, as with KA, I do believe you gets what you pays for. I just cannot get my head around the end product being so much better, that it is worth paying over £400 more for a machine. Even the celebrity chefs use the £400-£500 models.

It's not really about being 'better', it's more about about the capacity of the machine and being right for the job in hand... in the same way that you can buy a Fiat 500 small three door hatchback car to carry very little or you can buy one of the new bigger Fiat 500L cars which has five doors, a bigger boot and more legroom... it's all about getting the right machine for the job.

... or a small Kipling handbag vs a larger one etc, etc... and manuafacturers will always want to charge more for a larger model.

Celebrity chefs will only need to use the smaller mixer because they are only usually demonstrating recipes with domestic portions.

as much as I love the design of all the ka mixers I have a titanium chef 1500 watt motor normal capacity that is a workhorse normal price £500 amazon £230 you don't need to spend £800 on a good mixer imao but it looks gorgeous

Latest posts

Back