Attempt of refusal of refund if 50+% of product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had no idea this would have generated so much interest and support, of which I continue to thank you all !!!

I do hope when QVC receive the item for processing, they do so swiftly and without further delay to the 4 weeks since it was originally returned

Well, fiddle-dee-dee! Ya snooze~Ya lose! I had a nap and missed the turning-over-of-the-odometer! I wonder what 'damage limitation talks' are going on at Q Towers this fine day? Oh, to be a fly-on-the-wall ...

I had no idea this would have generated so much interest and support, of which I continue to thank you all !!!

I do hope when QVC receive the item for processing, they do so swiftly and without further delay to the 4 weeks since it was originally returned

Let's hope that one of the 'powers that be' read this thread so that they know the concerns that we all have about the misleading information that's given out during some of the shows.

Well people on the QVC Facebook page are still going at this like a dog with a bone. Now QVC are just saying to email them with anything concerning the T&Ps. Many are saying in fact QVC do not have a leg to stand on over this as it is not mentioned and never has been in their T&Cs.

Well people on the QVC Facebook page are still going at this like a dog with a bone. Now QVC are just saying to email them with anything concerning the T&Ps. Many are saying in fact QVC do not have a leg to stand on over this as it is not mentioned and never has been in their T&Cs.

Not until now!

Was accounts will be closed if you send more than 50% back always in their T&C?

Not until now!

Yep, think that's the one where you get 'The Letter', as in 50% of your orders get returned over the year.

Yep, think that's the one where you get 'The Letter', as in 50% of your orders get returned over the year.

So has The Letter You've Returned More Than 50% always been in the T&C?

So has The Letter You've Returned More Than 50% always been in the T&C?

Dunno about always, but for a good while that I know of, when I heard the letter being discussed on here I had a look and saw it.

I've only read some of this thread so apologies if someone else has made this point. A number of beauty TSVs contain sample sizes of product which are only meant to last for a week do how do the powers that be at QVC factor this into their 50% so called 'rule' ! Also some bathing products would use well over 50% if you were to have a bath every day for a month.

Yes, it does include samples going from a post on their FB page - of course this clause is all "un official" and under the counter so to speak ....

Not until now!

9.3 in their terms and conditions says that they will work with customers who return a lot of items and if the returns rate remains extremely high they reserve the right to close the account. They don't actually say this on air but it is in the terms and conditions on the website.

I actually believe this 'policy' is unlawful rubbish -
Even though they are a TV Channel, they are still just a mail order catalogue and you can't tell what the goods are like until you get them home. I have read on other forums that some people complain about those complaining about QVC and say things like - "oh, what do you expect? 30 days means that people will use up and abuse the products and use the company as a loans site' ... well, if that is how THEY behave that's up to them, but I certainly do not and endeavour to never wear my clothing and return it asap, and I thing the most common reasons why most people return stuff is that the different brand sizes are chaotic and not universal, like Kim&Co and Lenny whatsit, which are all over the place even within their own product range, stuff like the colours are totally different onscreen than in daylight and the quality of some of the things they sell is really, really Not that good! Plus so many times they have send me the wrong things - over and over, and quite often my orders are never placed or even lost and I have to chase them up about them and reorder - so they really should be geared for people returning stuff - BIG TIME !

They say *30 days money back guarantee with NO questions asked* - right? We all know this, yet I have received letters stating I am sending back too much stuff and they have threatened me with closing my account!

The first time this happened I just shrugged my shoulders, the second time I wasn't taking it laying down because they really pizzed me off with their arrogant attitude and I wrote back to them asking them to explain themselves? (they never did of course). - and now the third time and this, I might add is over a period of 14 years... they have suddenly mentioned an over 50% returns policy, which I'm afraid I don't know anything about because they have never advertised this when they are happily impressing you with their 'no questions asked' bit on TV - ...

This third time, I am not only going to write back to them giving them a proper 'barracking', but I am also going to write and complain to the Trading Standards Ombudsman because what they are doing is definitely unlawful!
Whether you buy in a shop or not you should be able to take all your purchases back for a refund whether there is anything wrong with them or not, and the seller by law, has an obligation to give you a refund. All this 'no questions asked' bit is a load of Pap - sorry, but it is and there is absolutely no other mail order service, that does this to their customers, some tiny mail order companies even have FREE returns !

Not only that - they charge you double and triple postage so they already make tons of money out of you whether you return 100 percent of your purchases or not - and on top of that, they have the cheek to set up a pre-postage returns scheme, so not only are you paying double/triple postage on your item, but you can also pre-pay extra return postage if you decide to return it..! ( and LOL - you won't get it back if you don't! )

If all everyone does is complain on Forums then they will keep doing what they are doing and you will be the loser. People must start complaing to them and also to outside bodies who will investigate this behaviour and nip it in the bud.. Otherwise stop shopping with them and paying out all your money to them. If you really can't get the shopping bug out of your system, then go to Ideal World, they have a 14 day money back guarantee but you save big time on the postage. :)

I've recently done battle with an insurance company through the Ombudsman and, hand on heart, I wish you luck. It took hours of my time and I felt it was hugely weighted on the side of the insurer. It took me nearly a year to get a conclusion and you have to be 110% committed. I didn't win in the end but I did get compensation.

You need to get your ducks in a row and in the right order. And you do need to separate the two issues here. The MBG isn't the same as the 50% returns rule. The never refuse to give you your money back because you've returned more than 50% of your items. I think if you go after them it has to be on the 50% rule.

This is disgusting, Im glad even some us who aren't friends are all behind you with this. I never knew about this 50% Debbie Flint in particular, is notorious for saying things like 'go on use it, give it a good try' etc etc. Dissapointed QVC.

If anyone does wish to make a formal complaint they'll need to remember the following:

The terms and conditions are on the website - it's only those without Internet access that will not have access to them.

DSR only covers goods returned unused and in original condition.

QVC can choose to end it's trading relationship with anyone - that's not an illegal practice... Just like Debenhams can refuse to serve someone.

Not trying to defend them, just highlighting some facts.

I do think qvc should stand by their terms and if that means no quibble return so be it. Having said that personally I'd never dream of returning a product id half used. I try something and pretty much know straight away if I like it or not.

I have returned two things out of hundreds but I always assumed I had the absoloute right to return anything under the 30mbg, even though I don't use the returns, I like having that confidence, hearing things like this, knocks that confidence a bit, although I would not ever return anything Id opened but I think you should have the right.

Re: Attempt of refusal of refund if 50 product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trouble is guys it's not "no quibble returns". It's "no quibble money back". As far as I understand it Q will always give a refund if it is returned within 30 days.For as long as they let you have a qvc account, that is. If they think a customer is abusing it they can close the account and that's where the 50% comes in.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I see. I do have a lot of respect for qvc, they are my entertainment and my company for much of the day and night, I would not like to get in a disagreement with them but if you believe you have a case and you have the energy to pursue it. That's the thing with most people, they have neither time nor energy to invest in arguing it, and also it makes you get all upset and bothered, but each to own.

I think its best to just avoid buying stuff you may have to return. most qvc clothes are a disappointment anyway and shoes for me are a no no. i don't like most of the make up returned most of them so don't bother. its all too tempting to think that qvc are selling something new and unique by the presentaions but the fact is its more than likely not the case. save your time and money

Latest posts

Back