Do you call these inclusions for a £399 1-carat paraiba tourmaline ring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aym280

Registered Shopper
View attachment 9011 paraiba2.jpg

I bought the above ring with much excitement only to see the scratches on the stones. I was excited as it was not the usual £499 and it was £100 down. I saw those lines with the help of a loup. I would suggest anybody buying anything from Rocks and Co to use it as I used it again just to discover another crack on another £299 paraiba tourmaline. Now Rocks and Co said that it would not refund me the postage as they were inclusions.

I was buying paraiba tourmaline ring, not RUTILATED OR SCRATCHED paraiba tourmaline. I am so annoyed! Buyer beware! Next time when you hear the hype, be cool-headed or you head up to the post office 3 times in as many days!

I would like to show you another photo of the paraiba tourmaline that I talked about yesterday and please reply if you think it is acceptable to charge £399 for the state of the rock AND says it is acceptable to have this level of INCLUSIONS.paraiba.jpg and now they refuse to refund me my postage.

Looks very shoddy, the edge of the first stone looks very uneven too, possibly chipped?

When were the rings delivered, because under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have 7 days from date of delivery to 'cancel' the order, and in those circumstance, they are legally obliged to refund your original postage.

If you're within the 7 days, email them and say that you are cancelling order number xxxxx, and under the DSR, you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price, plus the cost of the original p+P. HTH

catwoman
Happy Shopper
Post Thanks / Like

Looks very shoddy, the edge of the first stone looks very uneven too, possibly chipped?

When were the rings delivered, because under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have 7 days from date of delivery to 'cancel' the order, and in those circumstance, they are legally obliged to refund your original postage.

If you're within the 7 days, email them and say that you are cancelling order number xxxxx, and under the DSR, you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price, plus the cost of the original p+P. HTH

Thanks for your advice and the following is what I have got:

enquiries
4 Apr (2 days ago)
to me
Dear Agnes,

I am sorry but unfortunately we cannot refund your postage as this was not faulty.
My apologies once again.

Kind Regards

Kamal

See, he said it was inclusions and it was acceptable for a £399 9k gold paraiba tourmaline to have inclusions at this level and refused my request.

I'm no expert, but I believe that tourmaline might be a gemstone where inclusions are acceptable. I have a neon blue paraiba tourmaline ring bought many years ago from TJC and it certainly does have inclusions, but also a lovely internal glow, so I was happy with it. Prices have risen dramatically since that time and an eye-clean paraiba of good size and colour would demand a lot more than £399. If you are not happy with it, I'd send it back for a refund and if within seven days ask for a postal refund under the DSR in writing.

Sounds like 'Kamal' does not understand that the DSR do not require an item to be faulty.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Jacqueline and Weathergirl are right. If you are cancelling the order within seven days of receipt, they HAVE to refund the original p&p, they won't refund the cost of you returning the item, but DSR is quite clear about the original p&p. I'd google it, then copy and paste it in to your email.

Thank you for the advice

Sounds like 'Kamal' does not understand that the DSR do not require an item to be faulty.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I am doing that now. Thanks for the advice and have a nice day!

Dear jacqualina

RESULTS AND THANKS

Jacqueline and Weathergirl are right. If you are cancelling the order within seven days of receipt, they HAVE to refund the original p&p, they won't refund the cost of you returning the item, but DSR is quite clear about the original p&p. I'd google it, then copy and paste it in to your email.
Please just refund the £6.22 and I don't want to worry about the £4.95.

And he replied:

Kamal chohan <[email protected]>
15:40 (1 hour ago)
to me
Dear Agnes,

In regards to order number 235233, on this occasion we will be refunding your postage of £6.22 as a goodwill gesture. In future, we will not be able to refund your postage cost if the item is not deemed as faulty.

Kamal Chohan

Call Centre Supervisor
Rocks and Co

Thanks for the support and response! :up::flower:

Really?

And now we are being offered a weekend of Paraiba Tourmaline with (the usual) big claims from Don and Debbie. They talk of this stone costing £x thousands per carat and the 'neon glow' of their stones. All I'm seeing is some rather wishy washy pieces and some windows, not even set in 18k gold!

In fairness to Kamal she is a very good customer service operative and would only be doing what she's been advised to do by a manager

What i can tell you is if you push hard enough Rocks and Co always give in. Although now Seema isn't running the call centre anymore and Michelle is back good chance any refunds for postage taking months rather than days.

The paraiba stones were graded - Level 1 to 4 although as a customer you were not made aware of the grading. If you purchased a level one or level 2 then congratulations because the they had great colour and exceptional clarity. However 'the green paraiba' i hope you've had it valued, because i can tell you now it's not as rare as the blue.

The more neon the blue the more valuable the stone. a 0.25ct piece with exceptional colour is worth more than a 2ct piece washed out - FACT!

And if my grading is disputed, then id happily post a picture of a POL sheet i still have from that very day.

I'm not here to say bad things about Rocks and Co, they have some fantastic people working for the company - Don and Kfir are great guys, they have great crew members but to many people without a clue in that company.

Whilst Gems TV and The Jewellery channel continue to expand, Rocks and Co are stuck with a business model that doesn't involve getting any new customers.

Fantastic presenters, a great crew but very very bad management and exceptionally poor marketing, possibly the worst i've ever seen!

I thought exactly the same Sacha .... and I bet Debby's own ring looks nothing like the ones they were selling and that's why she wouldn't show it on air.

Debbie's ring is a deep blue neon paraiba ring (imagine neon blue apatite that is actually paraiba tourmaline, thats why she was offered 10k a carat) - If its so close to the quality Rocks and co sell then why doesn't she wear it on air? Hmmmm? ;)

Why? because it's one of the most stunning rings you are ever likely to see, i know i've seen it!

Rocks and Co quality seems to off disappeared lately, ( last week) I recently had sent a ring bent, and with stone missing.....not any quality in that is there, it appears they do not care no more what rubbish they send out. These web specials are basically returns they trying to re sell in my eyes.

Latest posts

Back