Yong Kim - where have I seen it before?....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
I don't know what it is but whenever I see Yong Kim Fashion, it tends to remind me of the apparel of this little fella :mysmilie_11: :mysmilie_845:

dopey-2.jpg

I must admit to having a jaw dropping moment when I saw these thin and wrinkled items going for whaaaaaaaat price??? Maybe it's my age...

Some of it is nice but it does look like "medieval peasant" chic to me

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Not posted for quite some time!
Personally I don`t think it has anything to do with age but our
differing tastes. To me it looks like drab rags as I like more
structured clothes in varying materials , I always have so thats why I
think age isn`t relevent. Also for me the garments don`t warrant the
prices, just can`t see it!!
I do appreciate others do so each to their own. Many berate Kim & Co
so I`ll own up to having a few pieces, don`t like it all by any means
but I don`t like everything in the high street shops either in their
many ranges. The mark up must be really high!!

love the look hate the prices but it is all irrelevant as I am a dumpy 5 ft size 16. I think you need to be tall and any size or petite and very slim or it just won't work. small and plump is the worst possible shape for any style

I must be the odd one out -I love the range and have quite a few items now. Bought the navy ruffle dress today. I am tall but a size 18. I love wearing the range and do get lots of compliments. I wish it was a bit cheaper though.

I love it too PEBE and bought the ruffle dress in black! I'm a good 20/22 but can get away with a lot of it. I wear yong Kim a lot and have lots of pieces.....I have psoriasis and arthritis and find the fabrics so lovely against my skin and easy to wear. I find it very quirky and love to be wearing something different from the norm. I'm a bit of a rock chick at heart with my blond and pink hair so the clothes suit me, I think!
But we are all different and I do agree with others, it is expensive, but in terms of cost per wear, it is worth it for me!

I left one of my favourite George at ASDA t-shirts in the machine for a hot wash and a fast spin today. Cost £4. Thanks to my little mistake, I can now say it's Yong Kim and that the slept in look is designer ;)

I love it too PEBE and bought the ruffle dress in black! I'm a good 20/22 but can get away with a lot of it. I wear yong Kim a lot and have lots of pieces.....I have psoriasis and arthritis and find the fabrics so lovely against my skin and easy to wear. I find it very quirky and love to be wearing something different from the norm. I'm a bit of a rock chick at heart with my blond and pink hair so the clothes suit me, I think!
But we are all different and I do agree with others, it is expensive, but in terms of cost per wear, it is worth it for me!

are you lovely and tall?

I left one of my favourite George at ASDA t-shirts in the machine for a hot wash and a fast spin today. Cost £4. Thanks to my little mistake, I can now say it's Yong Kim and that the slept in look is designer ;)

Earlier today Ms T admitted to using items as nightdresses so you are bang on trend Moth!

liar liar pants on fire!

I recall MsT saying she was asked to represent the brand because she wore it all the time anyway however just now she said she was approached by Q to represent another brand which she did not like and went to walk away when they showed her YK and she thought it was more 'her' so agreed to front the range.

I've not owned any of the range but I imagine the cut and finish of the garments plus fabric used are what commands the price range. It's an incredibly popular look and when done well is very flattering. I don't like the crinkle fabric myself.

are you lovely and tall?
I'm about 5'7" so not very tall, but not small either!
I prefer the modal fabrics to the crinkle, but do have some crinkle stuff......I also have the modal leggings which are expensive (although I bought them at sale price) and they are amazing, I've worn them repeatedly and washed them for more than a year and no bobbling, or holing and they don't fall down at all, which I've found with other leggings.

Can't believe it! even the Yong Kim range is beginning to introduce polyester. especially when Ingrid derided the plastic yarn. Most of the other qvc fashion brands use polyester fabric now, where the profit margins are sooooo huge. Why o why can't they use more natural fabrics in their clothing ranges and not at Yong Kim prices. It's all about making as much money per garment as possible!!! Brands like Casual & co, Quacker Factory, indigo moon do use natural fibres and are reasonably affordable but the designs are outdated. Rant over!

Latest posts

Back