Yong Kim - where have I seen it before?....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another vote here for the style - but not the prices. I love the whole 'lagenlook' crinkly, floaty, baggy thing!! I'm not a fan of ironing (only regularly iron one item) and loose fitting clothing is much easier for me to get on and off. Just wish it didn't cost so much!

BUMP! After all the comments on the forum about Yong Kim- including me with my medieval peasant chic comment- I thought I would actually try the range as I needed a couple of new tops to replace ones that are threadbare.

I found one in clearance- grey, v neck, hood, crinkley, long so covers bum and tops of thighs.Item number is 104515. I absolutely LOVE it.It is young, casual, slouchy and comfortable. It is so good I have ordered another in the brown shade. Don't know why the bad reviewer bothered to buy it as it is better in the flesh than on the picture. I know it's expensive but the amount of wear I will get out of it it is worth every penny. Oh and its cotton viscose I think. I may be tempted by the range again but nothing else looks like "me".

Will look fab with my quirky jewelery and Mally gunmetal eyeshadow ;)

It would have been fab when i was a size 24 as I'm 5ft 10. Now a lot of it would be too voluminous. Some of it is horrible, and some of it is lovely. The lagenlook seems very expensive everywhere though I think there is someone on ebay who makes to order and is very reasonable.

Yes it is pricey and my mum would be horrified, but you know when you love an item of clothing so much that you would wear it every day until it got off you itself and walked away? That top is Sooo me that it falls into that category so price per wear is worth it. (BTW I hardly ever buy clothes, hubby and me SHARE one wardrobe and chest of drawers!- Beauty stuff is my main weakness...)

Just looked at your item WG... I do like the style but the reviews about the fabric bobbling have put me off the range as this seems to be the recurring feedback... Hope you have better luck.

The sellers on eBay are Electricboylondon, christophesca and carolineann661. The first two are the same guy as far as I can tell. I haven't bought from him but another FM has. Carolineann is really good. Have a couple of her pieces and plan to order more. His styles are quite eclectic but hers are really quite simple. I ordered a dress from her and I love it. It's a simple v neck tunic style dress with asymmetric panel details. I could live in it! Great with boots, high heels or flats and I'll be wearing it in the summer with flip flops too. You can wear a simple t shirt underneath it. It was £50 so still not a throwaway price but I will definitely buy other colours in the same style.

Well I can't see the appeal in this range of clothing. I would never pay the prices they are asking for what looks like an old rag that has been in the bottom of the washing basket for weeks. Also I can't see the point of the hood it's a complete waste of time and does nothing for the look of the item. Of course this is only my opinion and I know some of you obviously love this range.

Its a love or hate range.Me? would look like a bag lady.Ingrid Tarrant would put me off if required.

Actually when it's on the hood looks great, thanks. And the crinkle look means no need to iron! Looking at the rest of the range nothing else really grabs me- and the prices they are asking - over £100 is much too high. I went to John Lewis and Phase 8, and Karen Millen at the weekend- loads of tops and tunics between the £50-£80 price range that caught my eye. So the clearance price for the Yong Kim is not so ridiculous, but the original price was overpriced I agree.

So far no bobbling but it's in the wash now so time will tell. I think bobbling is a problem with cotton/viscose generally. I got a polka dot top in Phase 8 made of this and that bobbled very quickly indeed.

I have a few pieces, I really like the feel of the material but am not too keen on the crinkle fabric, though I have two items of that material. I am not tall or skinny, but it makes me feel and look fine. I have two dresses that are suitable for travelling especially flights. The tunics are super worn over leggings. The dresses have lots and lots of materials in them. The style of the stripped dress I have is excellent and very flattering and makes me feel very feminine .
Many other designers have tried her idea of irregular hems (Nina Leonard,... Rene,.... Kim &co, etc )but they skim on the materials so they do not have the same effect, and do not hang well. Yong Kim's clothes fall away from lumps and bumps whereas the other designers, have excess material in the wrong places, which are not flattering.....in fact sometimes they look silly....what is the point of having fabric tight and stretched over the bum and hips and having long materials hanging on the sides? Young Kim has excess material in the style so that they don't stretch over the bum and hips.

I agree with all of you regarding the prices, she is expensive:sad: I

I like this item

Yong Kim One Button Duster Cardigan

QVC Price: £109.00
Introductory Price :
£99.12
P&P: £5.95

Yong Kim Modal 3/4 Sleeve A Line Stripe Tunic
QVC Price:
£83.00
P&P: £4.95in the black and blue colour .....they don't have my size in it.

Yong Kim Ponte Swing Short Jacket.......I really like this.
QVC Price:
£141.12

Yong Kim Tweed Knit Zip Front Cowl Neck Jumper.........this has polyester, so don't know how it will feel....but it looks classy.
QVC Price:
£106.00

They are all, except one over £100 each :sad:

The tunic looks really relaxed and comfortable and I like the style but on the website it states the fabric as 50%viscose 50%polyester, qvc and Yong Kim squeezing more profit per garment! The washing label inside your tunic may say different fabric content! :pizza:

The tunic looks really relaxed and comfortable and I like the style but on the website it states the fabric as 50%viscose 50%polyester, qvc and Yong Kim squeezing more profit per garment! The washing label inside your tunic may say different fabric content! :pizza:

Is this about the tunic I posted.....153810 , dumdum?

If it is, this is the description :happy:
Round neckline
3/4 length sleeves
Insert panels at either side
Hem is finished with over locking
Black/White: 47% modal, 46% viscose, 7% elastane
Black/Blue: 51% modal, 41% viscose, 8% elastane
Hand wash cold

Sorry I didn't make it clear Caretodiffer, I was referring to Weathergirl's purchase, mentioned page 3 on this thread, Yong Kim in clearance 104515 crinkle pocket detail tunic with hood. :mysmilie_499:

So it is! Hey thanks for pointing that out I had missed that completely and assumed it was Modal. Also that would explain the absense of any bobbling.

Latest posts

Back