The V-Slicer Innovation.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I agree, not exactly innovative by today's standards. I bought mine about 12 years ago from a local kitchen shop. It was £6.99. I have used it a few times but to be honest, t is messy and not worth the bother, cleaning etc. Also, you are right about the fingers and food waste issues. I say don't get gadgets, get decent knives!:20:

I am so grateful for all these comments because I have found myself tempted to buy this. I really don't want to buy something that will just take up much needed space in my kitchen, so thank you IW but I will give it a miss!

I bought one of these in blackpool about 15 years ago was too afraid to use it when I got home, I value my fingers too much thanks

Has to be the most dangerous thing ever produced for the kitchen, it ought to be sponsored by the NHS or elastoplast, as it must have given them some business in its' time. Far cheaper to buy a set of really good quality knives and a cleaver.

Just been watching ideal world, they were demoing the v slicer, this was the black one made in germany, is this the same one that this thread is all about, the guy made it look sooo easy.

all of em believe it or not lol, the one I had years ago was either orange or white, just thought the black one might be better?

I had the same german v slicer many years ago and never had any accidents, made great slices etc but couldn't do parsnips, they are just too tough for this kind of slicer. It was going blunt so I replaced it with one from Asda a few months back, chucked my orange german 1 away. Well I wish I hadn't because the cheaper was was useless, utterly useless, I can see why so many people have cut their fingers on them. So I put it in the back of a cupboard not to use again, Then just after christmas I wanted to make healthy spag bol for the kids and thought, I'll juilenne a carrot in there. What a silly girl, I have two massive scars on my thumb knuckle and still have a numb sensation in the root of my nail bed. Blood everywhere and such bad pain, I'm sure it went down to the bone. Yes the cheap slicer went straight into the bin when I got back from A&E. I DO rate the proper v slicer but it has to be good quality, though I would never buy another as every time I think about my accident, I wince at the memory of the pain.

Apologies to other posters who may have heard me tell this event on another thread.

Last edited:
When you hear these arty chefs going on about putting a little bit of themselves into the meal....after using the V Slicer, I did, literally :25:

I remember buying something similar from QVC aeons ago - Steve Whately was the presenter! The chap demoing it made it look so easy, but in reality I had to push the veg with so much force to get it to slice I nearly took my fingers off! Went in the bin pronto:4:

Latest posts

Back