Heidi Daus - any opinions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In fact l thought most of the new ranges today were overpriced, looked like cheap tat and if that is the best they can do for a special gem day then they may as well not have bothered

Didnt see any Heidi Daus but will look it up. I thought that many of the beautiful pieces of old have made way for overpriced cheap looking tat. The Swarowski (sp?) stuff a case in point.
There was one piece I thought may have attracted attention- a large morganite ring with an event price of £999 that the expert said the stone alone was worth £3000. That seems to be the trick they are using- tell the viewer to buy a very expensive ring because it is "worth" more than you are paying. Anyone else smell a rat?
Also I was under the impression that Q is an actual shop where yoy can buy actual products. With so many expensive items on advanced orders only they are really just a middle man who is taking a slice off the top. They must realise that nobody wants to buy really expensive stuff so dont buy the stock to clutter up their warehouse. So much for QVC buying power. They are not buying the items at all.

Just looked up Heidi Daus. Many designers charge ridiculous prices for base metal and I have never been prepared to pay the prices sought.May as well head to Top Shop or Primarni if you want the look for less money. They use base metal too and copy the designers anyway.

Advanced Orders generally means not calculating the stock, and being left with items on the shelf. This is happening more and more with the 'proper' jewellery, so Q dont want to be caught with their knickers down and left with unsold and expensive stock in the warehouse. Never see Advanced Orders on Cooks Essentials or Northern Nights do we !

Advanced Orders generally means not calculating the stock, and being left with items on the shelf. This is happening more and more with the 'proper' jewellery, so Q dont want to be caught with their knickers down and left with unsold and expensive stock in the warehouse. Never see Advanced Orders on Cooks Essentials or Northern Nights do we !

acutally we have had advanced orders on both brands before

Just had a look and i dont personally like it seems like expensive tat to me, i think ud find similar at ur local charity shop or car boot sale.

They're not my cup of tea but I can see a certain appeal for some people. A bit of a deco look to them. But I wouldn't pay those prices for any necklace that has an extender on it. All that opulence at the front and then a tatty length of chain hanging around at the back. Instantly reduces the item to market stall imo.

Thought much of the range was attractive but expensive. Wouldn't pay those kinds of prices for fashion jewellery. It seems there's more and more fashion jewellery and fewer silver- and gold-based jewellery these days ... a sign of the economic times.

There are some lovely silver pieces available out there for less than the price of some of this tat.

Right I am going to admit I had to read that brand name two or three times, I thought it was a wee wee take of the word hideous!

Latest posts

Back