AY's Beauty fix

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I really dont get the point of this show anymore, when it first started i thought it was a good idea as they used to address viewers problems, talk about why some products received bad reviews. Today's show was just like in the salon, fabulous at 40 and so on, they didn't address why for instance the Richard ward products had a one star review and at the end Ay answered just 2 questions and one of them she said about using a Lulu product before Ultrasun where as i was under the impression that ultra sun always went on ur skin first. After watching the show i dont feel i learnt anything at all

They are always changing the format of beauty shows aren't they. Maybe it depends on the amount of poor reviews compared with how much of the stuff they still have left to shift before they get addressedon air.

Yep. Doctor Ally knows better how to apply Ultrasun than the instructions from the manufacturer which clearly state that it has to go on clean, dry, skin before any other potions. Irresponsible.

Yep. Doctor Ally knows better how to apply Ultrasun than the instructions from the manufacturer which clearly state that it has to go on clean, dry, skin before any other potions. Irresponsible.

Thats what i always thought they said , yet AY changed that to put Lulu's product on first, thats pretty dangerous advice when its something serious like Ultra sun

She`s outdated and nowadays its all hard sell so she`s more concerned with flogging the stuff than answering questions or giving out advice. I`ve never been a fan of hers and even less so these days. Its time for Q to get in some new beauty lines, some new guests and a new person to replace AY, the whole thing is so past it these days.

Yes and she could take the Gnome with her, - both past their sell-by date. (oooo and Tiff, and JF, and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

I don't like AY at all and never watch a show if she is presenting it. Q don't need her anymore as she certainly doesn't convince me to buy anything. The guest presenters on the beauty lines are there to give details on how to use the products etc. and they can present with anyone.

Another reason she doesn't convince me is that I don't think she is a very good advert for any beauty range. I know they have to use make up for TV, but she uses far too much. To me her look is hard and unhealthy and thats not a look I am looking for.

It could be that she is stuck in a rut with her presentation skills (I use that term loosely) - she needs to go on a refresher course!

I agree too set in her ways. OH how I remember the early days, sensible advice about products, if she went on holiday it was "when is Alison back?".

She did her training what 30 years ago, and now it just there to be an expert(push whatever is being sold that day), and suck up to the guest. She is like the live action version of the beauty mags. If a company is paying for advertising, no way in hell will they bad mouth the brand.

I agree with Donna in the early days Ali earned her keep, now she has the guests of the various products spouting their stuff, and her male appendage to check prices and do her bidding, she really gets by knowing very little about each cosmetic brand, all she has to do is read up on which celebs are using which products.....Every beauty hour is the same as... regardless of what it is called.....

I agree with Donna in the early days Ali earned her keep, now she has the guests of the various products spouting their stuff, and her male appendage to check prices and do her bidding, she really gets by knowing very little about each cosmetic brand, all she has to do is read up on which celebs are using which products.....Every beauty hour is the same as... regardless of what it is called.....

had to read that bit twice..!

I agree that AY is past her sell-by now, and I swear she's getting screechier..I can't listen to her at all these days..

Latest posts

Back