Yankee candles, what's your fave?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

peony petals one of the most sumptuous fragrance ever. the tarts are really lovely in this scent. I burn them randomly as they last me months on end so I swop them around. fresh cut roses is a killer for me its so heady. but I likeke Christmas rose my daughters got that burning away.

I like the older ones best like fresh cut roses, wedding day, jack frost and water garden. Had a couple of sets of candles from QVC featuring new fragrances and either the smell was too weak or horrible. Creme caramel was the worst - smelt like a day old curry. Prefer the tarts now though as I don't often have time to keep a candle burning for a couple of hours.

Well in the style of the kipling thread I thought Yankee Candles would be another in the same vein. I said on another thread that QVC surprised me by having a set containing all 3 of my regular favourites for a price I could not beat elsewhere. My favouite of all time is Christmas Rose but True Rose and Fresh cut roses a close joint second. I also like white gardenia (smells the same as Tahitian Tiare Flower) and of the spices the only ones I like are Spiced Orange and Honey and Spice. I used to like baby powder but got bored, and think Fluffy Towells and Clean Cotton smell like fabric softener and Bold washing powder respectively.

I love the tarts too and have a collection in a shoe box that I use almost daily in my electric tart burner. I use Akimbo's tip of using silicone muffin cases to hold and contain the wax. I buy tarts before investing in a large jar to check how much I like the scent. It's an economical and effective way of doing it.

I have a mixology set from Amazon with those samplers. They just collapse and therefore I don't find those particularly good. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

I find Q good for large sets and packs of 18 tarts. I never bother with TSVs with samplers or tea lights in. I get large packs of unscented tea lights from Ikea for a fraction of the price. Is it just me or does anyone else not see the point of scented tea lights?

Also I am interested in reading about other brands of candle such as Milkhouse Creamery and Neom. The latter are massively expensive though and there is only one smell I like in their range- I forget what. I also love the Floris rose & jasmine candle.It's beautiful.

I love Tahitian Tiare but do not like the White Gardenia, don't think they smell the same.

It may be my nose Sazza!
I have just tried Vanilla Lime and love it. But to me it smells just like ChristmasEve- which I also like a lot. Maybe I have a strange nose....

I love YC and would burn them all day and night long, but my kittens stop me from doing so lol.... my favourite's are: Clean Cotton, Baby Powder, Blueberry Scone, Black Cherry, Soft Blanket, Pink Lady Slipper, I much prefer the large jars as they work out better value for money. Although I like the tarts, I find after a couple of burns they lose their smell whereas the large jars do not.

It may be my nose Sazza!
I have just tried Vanilla Lime and love it. But to me it smells just like ChristmasEve- which I also like a lot. Maybe I have a strange nose....

Ooooh interesting, can't imagine vanilla lime being same as Christmas Eve!!! :grin:

Op if you like rosé scents have a whiff of pink sands, its sable roses and it is gorgeous.
My favourite chrimbo scent is silver bells, it has been discontinued now boo hoo but I will admit to burning it all year round, I don't give a fig, I loved cherries on snow last year and Gai, if the mood takes me I will burn it even though it isn't Christmas. I got Christmas wreath too last year and its rather yuk. I wasn't in awe of last years Christmas selection.
I love black cherry, pink sand and beach flower, I think they Re the ones I replace the most.
I love clean cotton, but then I do take the lids off wAshing liquids and fabric conditioners to sniff before I buy, even though they always smell the same each time I do it! Hubby thinks I have a medical problem!
I have a little jar, canary island banana which stays on the kitchen windowsill and just gets sniffed, it must have been retired because I can't get it anywhere and I would love a bigger jar.
I loved macintosh apple too and wish they would bring it back in its true form with no other additions, if they can't do that I would love a Granny Smith apple one.

Does anyone remember a set of three soy candles QVC did a few years ago which were all apple based? Apple crumble was lush!

I am on a self-imposed buying ban until I get through more of my stash (hard as I have a YC outlet store not too far from me).

Urm :blush: have a bit if a confession. Visited said YC outlet yesterday, just to have a look, you understand..... Left with a box set of 2 Christmas Medium Jars (sparkling cinnamon and sparkling snow) and a box set of 3 Summer Small Jars (sun & sand, beach walk , pink sands), plus a mixology votive holder. My defence, M'lord, is that were £12.50, £11.89 and £2.77 respectively and the candles are going into my present cupboard, rather than my hoard cupboard!

Thats ok Dips- good prices. The Yankee Candle offices are close to my house- unsure if there is an outlet store though. I am off to my local Mall today- to see if they have Fireside Treats and Pink Lady slipper tarts for me to try as I always get the tarts first.

The one I go to is in Ashford, Kent, at the Mcarthur Glen Discount Village.

Edit: Just realised you are in France! So, the Discount Village is next door to Eurostar''s Ashford International, or if you are coming over via EuroTunnel, just 10mins up the M20 once you've disembarked (J10 of M20)

Last edited:
Faves are Midsummers night, Christmas Rose, Honeysuckle, Sun and Sand, Manadarin Cranberry and Cranberry Chutney.

Hate Miseltoe and Fig and all those kitchen spiced fragrances, the worst being Creamy Caramel which made my house stink of curry for days.

The one I go to is in Ashford, Kent, at the Mcarthur Glen Discount Village.

Edit: Just realised you are in France! So, the Discount Village is next door to Eurostar''s Ashford International, or if you are coming over via EuroTunnel, just 10mins up the M20 once you've disembarked (J10 of M20)

Maybe it's lucky for my purse that I travel on the ferry from Caen to Portsmouth.... though if we decide to go via Dover/Eurotunnel anytime I will remember to take a teeny detour!
Thanks Dips :)

My pleasure, Frenchie. I do love the fact that it's as quick for me to pop over to France through the Tunnel as it is to go up to London. We go over for the day, have a nice lunch and do a French Hypermarket shop and we're back home in time for dinner. More recently, though, exchange rate has not been our friend and day-to-day prices do seem to have gone up quite a bit.

I melted a vanilla lime tart the other day (4 days ago) and even with windows open I can still get a waft of the scent, which is a real treat. Sorry Sazza there really is a similarity with christmas eve!!! I have just compared them again and apart from a slight hint of pine in christmas eve, and the colour- I think they smell very similar. If anyone else has both please put me out of my misery and tell me if I have something wrong with my nose. I have a VERY sensitive nose BTW.

Yes occasionally. I do it with ones I don't like so much to see if I can make them nicer

Yes i do i have the clover shape votive holder that fits 3 votives, i use that more than the large candles now

Yes i do i have the clover shape votive holder that fits 3 votives, i use that more than the large candles now

That's the I've just bought. Think it's going to be very useful as it effectively makes a 3 wick candle

Latest posts

Back