Plant food

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Anyone got any recommendations for a good Plant fee for mainly bedding plants, Ive used Flower power in the past and didnt have great results so wont be ordering that again. Thanks

I really like Flower Power, I hope they haven't changed the formulation. What's your garden soil like, Autumn? It can make a big difference to how well a garden fertiliser works. [Damn - the line breaks won't work on this forum!! Sorry for the rubbish layout, here.] As a rule, if you're planting out summer flowering bedding, look for a high potassium fertiliser, like tomato feed, which will encourage flowering rather than lots of foliage. If, on the other hand, you want lush foliage, then go for a high nitrogen content, which is what many of the usual fertilisers are stuffed with. If you can add well rotted manure to the flower beds, then so much the better, because last year's endless soaking has deprived the soil of essential nutrients.

I really like Flower Power, I hope they haven't changed the formulation. What's your garden soil like, Autumn? It can make a big difference to how well a garden fertiliser works. [Damn - the line breaks won't work on this forum!! Sorry for the rubbish layout, here.] As a rule, if you're planting out summer flowering bedding, look for a high potassium fertiliser, like tomato feed, which will encourage flowering rather than lots of foliage. If, on the other hand, you want lush foliage, then go for a high nitrogen content, which is what many of the usual fertilisers are stuffed with. If you can add well rotted manure to the flower beds, then so much the better, because last year's endless soaking has deprived the soil of essential nutrients.

Its mainly for hanging baskets and window boxes so its just compost im using

A guy I know says the Plant Food he takes on a Saturday night is fantastic, better than any drug he's ever used.

Ahh, I think we're talking about different things, my bad. Ha Ha

Latest posts

Back