Yankee Candle TSV 27/5/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will continue to get my yankee candles from the dreaded high street, when you add the p&p to the tsv imo it isn't that great, plus I just buy what I want when I want it......

i get my YCs in Florida - tarts (melts ?) one dollar each = 65 pence

I'm squirming at the "frison" between CR and the long-haired guest.

I got some tarts for 62 p at Gloucester Quays but they were only selected scents. The newer ones like many in the TSV were still £1.20. I like the sound of most of the TSV ones. I can't get my head around calling them "Melts".

I noticed the frison too...

Has someone taken exception to the word "Tarts" or is someone at QVC worried that this could cause offence? PC gone mad! The only people even noticing and reacting to the word "Tart" are sniggering 12 year old school boys and they really don't tend to watch QVC. Sometimes they over-think these issues-where-there-are-none!

Maybe they've decided that "melts" sound more upmarket than tarts?

rip off postage for the auto delivery £4.95 just for the tarts

My thoughts exactly. I bought one of the first yankee electric tart burners the Q had, so have no need for this tsv. But if I didn't have one, nno way would I odrer AD; As Boffy said, the p+p is ridiculous for an item with no heavy burner, and just two extra tarts, minimal weight. Postage on yankee products is never cheap, anyway. Postage on AD ought to be at least £1 less than the tsv.

other companies call their tarts melts it makes yankee sound more original calling them tarts I wonder what presenter is going to be a renagede and continue to call the tarts tarts

I love tarts! Melts sounds rather samey to me. When you say tarts everyone knows you mean Yankee!

I love tarts! Melts sounds rather samey to me. When you say tarts everyone knows you mean Yankee!
I think melts gives a truer description of what they do so from a commercial viewpoint I would think it is better But I like the term tarts.

OK for all of my earlier raving I haven't ordered the TSV I just couldn't justifie spending £35.00 on tarts as I already have several burners that work just fine with tea lights from Asda.
I would have brought just the tarts if the P&P had been more reasonable. So another sale lost due to the P&P.
I hope those of you who have brought this really enjoy it and get hours of pleasure from it.
I will continue to buy my tarts at Asda for a pound each.

I am not buying it as I have three tart burners and a biscuit tin of tarts that I pick up randomly when I see them for £1 they have sold 5,500 tsv's that's low

I bought it. I already have an electric warmer I bought on line ages ago, but that lives upstairs. This one is for the lounge. I rarely burn my large jars now since having the puppy, so this'll be great. Gone for the AD too. Seems pretty good value and a good way of trying new scents.

Just watching the yankee hour, and the AD option second and third drops, are at the reduced price of £17.98 plus £4.95 postage. As the rrp of each 'melt' is £1.25, that's a good buy. But I don't need a second electric burner and, in order to be able to get the 'melts', you need to order the tsv today. Just worked it out and, if we calculate it by the rrp, the total for 20 'melts' is £25.00; each drop would be £22.93 (inc postage), a whopping (!) saving of £2.07, or approx 0.10p per 'melt'. Doesn't seem such a great deal.

Latest posts

Back