QVC Customers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nora

Registered Shopper
Just seen the trailer on Q featuring a couple of their customers. Their kitchens and homes look amazing, I wondered if they are being filmed in their own homes or a set. Not all of us have super swish houses, if they came to film in mine, they would have a fit. Two words, Bomb site lol.

Maybe they are women who have won the lottery thus enabling them to live in huge immaculate houses and make numerous QVC purchases with associated excessive P&P charges:cash:

Lol I would love them to come and film in my dreary old kitchen! I remember seeing a "getting to know QVC" hour some years back and they showed how they filmed Christmas promo in the middle of summer. Everything was totally constructed, the sets, the lighting etc. Really amazing and interesting to see. I think QVC are hankering after a more upmarket clientele as they probably have loads of money to spend. The customers depicted in the QVC promos always seem to live in a fab country house with a big kitchen and an aga! I think it's a shame. I miss the QVC of old when it was more down to earth and didn't take itself so seriously. These days I tune in waiting for the rare moment when something will go wrong or some awful telephone caller will telephone so talk about how she has her gallstones in a jar on the mantelpiece! It's great to see the presenter cringeworthily trying to end the conversation, no doubt under great pressure from the Gallery!

I phoned in once about 2 years ago regarding Flower Power - amazing stuff by the way. My tomatoes grew to over 9ft tall and my outside cacti never stopped flowering - I wanted to tell Richard Jackson.

I was only asked briefly why I wanted to be put through to the studio and I am sure I could have given one story to the them and say something completely different once I was on air. Could be worth thinking about next time the Two Medusas are on, but it will probably mean that I will have my account axed!

If you have a "show home" or rooms with a certain look or character you can rent them out to film and TV companies or as sets for magazine and advert shoots. I was in a customer promo film years ago for Models Prefer but that was just filmed in a studio.

Jude xx

Yes they do always have show homes - they must all live alone. Never any dirty sofas that dogs have been lying on or dishes in the sink, men's socks on the floor or anything - can't be real. My home is very average but I do spend a bit on QVC simply because I hate the high street and I like the 30 day "why did I buy this? oh yes, I'd been on a night out first" money back guarantee. I do like the RJ gardening products and my garden looks great. Didn't get an invite to the garden party though (or whatever it was). Humph.

My nephew used to work for a film studio and part of his job was to find suitable locations, including houses for whatever programme they were making at the time. It pays good money if your property is suitable.
I suppose Q do the same because they want to present a certain image and even though Mrs B in her tiny little bedsit might be surrounded by items from Q and have nothing but good stuff to say about them etc, I`m sure they`d rather have Mrs D in her huge immaculate detached because they want everybody to see themselves as her and aspire to having the " ideal Q household ". All smoke and mirrors, sales pitch and trying to blag the audience as usual.

I`m sure they`d rather have Mrs D in her huge immaculate detached because they want everybody to see themselves as her and aspire to having the " ideal Q household ". All smoke and mirrors, sales pitch and trying to blag the audience as usual.

Exactly. As long as all of us normal people that do buy from QVC realise that everyone's just like us, not some elite set that live in Kensington or Morningside.

CC

Latest posts

Back