Jimmy Connors on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Connors is appearing on the Q, may 30, obviously to peddle his book. I have always been a huge tennis fan/player and have been to Wimbledon several times. After he sought to reveal to the world that his then fiancee, Chrissie Evert, had an abortion, without warning her, there is no way I would ever consider buying his book. Would he have abandoned his career to care for a child? No, he would have automatically assumed that to be her job. So ungentlemanly of such a narcissistically chauvinistic guy for whom I did have professional respect. As a person. his character leaves a lot to be desired.

For a moment I could not even remember who he was, I was wondering what kind of merchandise he was selling:giggle: So it is THAT Jimmy Connors.I would not even watch his presentations, thank you, QVC.

Pretty sad when people have to sell there souls to make money. Its a private matter what ever happend and its sad that he feels the need to write about it to sell a few extra copies of his book. I wont be watching either :down:

Maybe he'll atone for that revelation in his book? Or maybe not mention it at all, sticking to talking about his tennis career or his mom? Either way I'd put money on the fact that the presenter will NOT ask him about the abortion it in his appearance on QVC!

There might be more to the story than meets the eye. Chris herself tried to convey a soft image, but from what I've read about her numerous marriages/affairs, she's as hard as nails beneath that feminine exterior. As they say, it takes two to tango!

JC is on now with Miceal and I have to say Micael is really interviewing well. He really sounds as though he'd read the book thoroughly not just asking a list of Q supplied by a researcher. I've seen him interview other book or cd toting celebs and he's consistently good, no sycophantic rubbish, no interrupting, good supplementary questions prompted by Connor's answers. QVC please give this kind of interview to Miceal in future. There's no need to do the hard sell or endless stock updates I think people already know whether they'd buy this or not and Miceal has stuck a good balance.

No fan of Micael but he did a very good job of interviewing JC. I was a young girl when they both won Wimbledon and always wanted to be Chris Evert - however as has been said she is not that sweet person she conveyed and I think is more than capable of holding her own. It's his story too, perhaps not the most gentlemanly thing to do but really, it's not a shocker.

I like Micael and think he is a very competent presenter. I didn't see the interview ,but I did enjoy watching JC back in the day.I wouldn't buy his book so I guess I didn't miss much....

Chrissie Evert is, in my opinion, the best player the women's game has ever seen, on many different levels. As much a supporter of the lady that I am I am not blind, however, to the reality and necessity of being a resolutely determined individual, in order to achieve the success in an international arena that Chris did. Jimmy Connors was also intent on achieving his tennis goals and, consequently, the two of them as a married couple would not have made a good match. He would have expected Chris to be the one to sacrifice her career, whilst he followed his ambitions. I used to admire JC but, after these revelations, he has gone down in my estimation. I did not, therefore, watch him on QVC. The book was a good price, seeing as his autograph was included on a signed bookplate but I have no desire to own it and, even if I did, I wouldn't buy it on principle. Now if Chrissie was to appear on QVC with a SIGNED book.....are you listening QVC?
I would buy two copies; one to read, and one to remain unopened and form part of my collection.

I'm almost always in awe of top sports people. They need talent, determination and the right mental attitude to get the top of their game. Such huge achievements. I also think that sport crosses political boundaries and unifies people.
I saw a little bit of him being interviewed and found him interesting. He was more articulate than I remember him when he was interviewed many years ago. I would be interested in reading his book but won't be being it as not much time to read

Its a pity when somone has to slag someone off to sell a book, clearly his book would be very dull without mentioning and talking about Chris evert. Didnt see the interview and have no interest in the book. Ill look forward too seeing it in poundland in a few weeks.

Connors is appearing on the Q, may 30, obviously to peddle his book. I have always been a huge tennis fan/player and have been to Wimbledon several times. After he sought to reveal to the world that ... [snipped]

To be fair, I wasn't aware of that bit of tittle tattle until you just broadcast it here.

Latest posts

Back