Judith Willams TSV 11/6/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got tempted by the TSV because if the rose oil but still sitting on my hands. Is the oil really that good? In some reviews people say "better than LE oil" and this is a very high praise in my book

I was allergic to the LE oil Marina so yes! But they are very different. Don't expect the same type of oil at all as LE is a more complex blend of essential oils and Rose is just a few simple ingredients. I don't think you can compare "like with like" but it is very pleasant to use and leaves the skin very soft. If you dont like the fragrance then there if a Phytomineral face oil from JW that feels good on the skin too but to me has no smell.

As Weathergirl says, rose is actually one of the oils which can cause reactions. I cannot use it, my roseaca goes nuts and I get spots within a few hours. Any skincare product with it annoys my skin.

Also it is a very expensive oil to buy so the grade in Judith Williams will be very tiny or even a cheaper version(say the last distillation when the higher end company have taken theirs. Dare I use the words dredges ), for the prices she is charging it will not be a high grade version for sure.

The T-caller on 10 pm hour said that it removed a huge age spot and she was 75 years old. I was wondering if the oil was really that good in terms of results?

As Weathergirl says, rose is actually one of the oils which can cause reactions. I cannot use it, my roseaca goes nuts and I get spots within a few hours. Any skincare product with it annoys my skin.

Also it is a very expensive oil to buy so the grade in Judith Williams will be very tiny or even a cheaper version(say the last distillation when the higher end company have taken theirs. Dare I use the words dredges ), for the prices she is charging it will not be a high grade version for sure.

Really interesting that rose oils associated with irritation; had no idea. Quite some time ago I bought a Decleor kit of night balm, 5ml oil and small moisturiser aimed at sensitive skin and that was all rose based. It didn't make my skin significantly worse but my cheeks tended to be quite pink when I used it. I'm sure Decleor use the very best grade ingredients which JW brand wont have but I was also sure I had read her oil also had mineral oil or petroleum similar to bio-oil.

I decided to go for the TSV as I have always liked JW products.I use LE products & will continue to use C&P but thought I would give this a try for the price of the LE oil which I would need to replace.Hope it does act on age spots as I have some which I have been targeting with some success recently.

Well I didn't buy the TSV and will have a look in Asda /Tesco for a high street brand.
Before I do the has any one used the Aldi own brand range as someone was raving about it when I was talking to them about wanting to try to find a brand to use.

oddly the more lux an oil is the more it may be an irritating factor..petroleum based products are used by hospital for burns patients less irritation

I was tempted to try the new Clarins serum but read on Caroline Hiron's beauty blog that the oil part of it is mineral oil. She would not touch it for that reason alone. It is expensive so glad I wasn't tempted by it in the end.
Donna is right, pure rose is very expensive so JW rose oil can't possibly have a good grade of it for that price. It probably makes your skin soft but little else really.

Well I didn't buy the TSV and will have a look in Asda /Tesco for a high street brand.
Before I do the has any one used the Aldi own brand range as someone was raving about it when I was talking to them about wanting to try to find a brand to use.
All the people I know who have used the aldi/lidl stuff have moved on to other products. I haven't tried them but would if I went to one of their shops

Really interesting that rose oils associated with irritation; had no idea. Quite some time ago I bought a Decleor kit of night balm, 5ml oil and small moisturiser aimed at sensitive skin and that was all rose based. It didn't make my skin significantly worse but my cheeks tended to be quite pink when I used it. I'm sure Decleor use the very best grade ingredients which JW brand wont have but I was also sure I had read her oil also had mineral oil or petroleum similar to bio-oil.

Yes, that made me laugh, Decleor sensitive range uses rose so a big no for me. I remember having a chat with the Decleor manager on counter and saying about the sensitive range and rose oil. She went on about rose being very expensive and great for mature skin. But WTH had that to do with sensitive skin???? If you read round on the natural beauty sites, they will tell those with sensitive skin be wary of products with rose oil.

I can't even use the Elemis eye mask which as rose, the skin around my eyes were red and sore after I used it.

I have never used any Aldi stuff but I am interested in why people rave about it so much. I have never got on with any of the high street brands I have tried including Lidl as with the exception of Nivea Visage sensitive moisturiser without fail every high street or supermarket brand has caused me to have very bad reactions. Some of the Q brands have too- including Decleor and even some of the Liz Earle. I am fine with Emma Hardie and so far I have not had a reaction to any of the Judith Williams line.

I think that Vitamin E line in Superdrug is good for the money, I used it ages ago, very moisturising, but I rarely react to anything, all I can say - it moisturises well.

I've tried Garnier Vital Restore from the high street because it has a high content of glycerine which I like in the winter.

The 5 star review for that product is abit of a joke when the person hasn't even received the TSV yet!!

Mine arrived damaged so they are sending a returns label. Will probably go for a refund but may ask fir a replacement. Apparentlythere are over 1100 units still in stock according to CS.

Latest posts

Back