Ofcom launches investigation into the Sit-up channels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just flicked between Bid and PD and it's really strange. There's definitely a tension in the presenters and Andrea just read out the label from inside a garment of clothing 'to make sure I get it right'
I think they're a bit worried!

Too little, too late.

They've got what they deserve imo.

Imagine if they had all been like Andy H, this would not be happening now.

The likes of dirty Peter have almost sunk the ship. I'm sure he'll be ok, he's only got himself to look after and he's retiring age. He'll surely get compo for the HS2 as well. And there's always Our Bet, Our Vera, Our Karen, Our this, Our that to look after him.

Only the other night with a plastic bag he was saying 'this is leather er er ette'..........aw but he's been ill, he's a bit doddery, aw it's not his fault, poor Pete........well poor Andy H and a few others I say, they've been well and truly shafted by the likes of you Mr Simon Peters!

andy hodgson ‏@andyhodgsontv 1h
If you are honest, truthful & transparent, people trust you. If people trust you, you have no grounds for fear, suspicion or jealousy.DLama

got that spot on has andy as ever

yesterday i noticed he was basically producing his own show (he referred several times to the fact he had been typing up the item descriptions before the slot)

Why can't they "just do it" Check the label - good thinking, but adding "to make sure I get it right" just sounds sarky,and certainly doesn't sound like somebody who's eager to make amends!

fair point merry
but I'm hoping it wasn't a cynical comment and one that shows she wants to 'get it right' (I live in hope!)

i do not fear for andy at all

why? because any company in tv worth there salt will be trying to snap him and possibly a few others up without any delay

I well remember Dirty Peter passing comment abut the ASA and pulling a face a while back, it was as if they were inconveniencing him.

Maybe he should have took their advices just a touch more seriously?

Last edited:
If you are honest, truthful & transparent, people trust you. If people trust you, you have no grounds for fear, suspicion or jealousy.DLama

yesterday i noticed he was basically producing his own show (he referred several times to the fact he had been typing up the item descriptions before the slot)

thanks for that
wow, that's so profound
I have even more respect for Andy now
I just think it's wrong that someone as honest and professional as him could end up being hafted by the likes of the vile, revolting Peter Simon, the disrespectful, boorish Mike Mason along with some others, Andy doesn't deserve that IMHO

Worth his weight in gold that man :up:

We should all email Channel 4's Despatches programme. They did one on Poundland with hardly anything wrong. Include the DM link. I am going to now :)

i perhaps have not watched enough of him to put him in andys category yet but paul levers on price drop is very good as well

I was looking at some of the work Andy's done & its nice to see he's really good at other TV work (other than selling). I never knew he was on This Morning:

It's good to know that he has a good portfolio to fall back on if he ever did leave Bid.

I must say they all look a bit shellshocked today but Sally is really showing her true colours; she's giving it the hard nosed hard sell in defiance I reckon!

I must say they all look a bit shellshocked today but Sally is really showing her true colours; she's giving it the hard nosed hard sell in defiance I reckon!

Sally has diamonds soon, I wonder if there's any chance of a full description of the stones?

Probably not.

i am sorry but sally is getting worse

no chance in selling technique if anything more aggressive than usual

you can choose the price on this non stop drop for this diamond watch

I actually feel sorry for whoever does the investigation at Ofcom. Imagine having to sit through an entire 27 ASA complaints and watching Dirty Peter with the massager? :emo: Whoever gets the task will need therapy or a worry angel session.

Anyone hear it on radio 2 today ?

Had a snippet of wide boy mike, will be on iplayer

Yeah I heard a bit of it. Bet Mike will now put on his CV he is a broadcaster on BBC Radio 2, knowing what a lying twisted soul he is.

PJ

If he was a liar he'd be the one with all the ASA's against him, but he's not.

Latest posts

Back