French Open 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Any tennis fans out there?

My picks for the titles are Nadal and Serena Willams, be nice if it was someone else but doesnt look likely.

Yes I'm a tennis fan!! :sun: Been watching as much as possible all week and all more or less going to plan at the momont, no major shocks....yet. The bliddy weather has been a real pita and Rafa is not at all happy with the obtuse/stupid scheduling that happened yesterday but I hope this upset doesn't affect his game with Fognini in the next round. Djokovic and Fed both playing well as to be expected but I still fancy Rafa for his 8th title. :happy: I can't see anybody beating the Williams brother unfortunately, unless she trips up and the weight of her stupid 'big hair' brings her down. :devil:

Yes I'm a tennis fan!! :sun: Been watching as much as possible all week and all more or less going to plan at the momont, no major shocks....yet. The bliddy weather has been a real pita and Rafa is not at all happy with the obtuse/stupid scheduling that happened yesterday but I hope this upset doesn't affect his game with Fognini in the next round. Djokovic and Fed both playing well as to be expected but I still fancy Rafa for his 8th title. :happy: I can't see anybody beating the Williams brother unfortunately, unless she trips up and the weight of her stupid 'big hair' brings her down. :devil:

Haha brilliant post , glad someone finally replied lol. Weather has been shocking in paris, lets hope the rest of the tournament isnt effected by it. Im not so sure if Nadal will win now, he has Djokovic in the semi finals so guess it will be one of them who takes the title. I have a feeling Williams wont win, i can see a US open argument happening in :wonder: and her getting annoyed and losing lol

I've been watching since the start of the tournament. I hope Rafa does get his 8th title but so far, to me anyway, he's seemed a little slow to start his matches and yesterday match didn't instill me with confidence I'm sorry to say. If it was down to the volume of the ladies grunting then I'd say Maria has a good shot at holding on to her title, yesterday she was so loud. As for Serena well, between the big hair and big penciled/drawn on eyebrows I'm surprised she can hold her head up. I have loved listening to Fabrice Santoro almost as much as l enjoyed watching him play.

Gutted when Roger went out. Hello though, what a match today with Rafa v Novak :)

Yep was a great match, sadly I think it would have been better if that was the final not the semi final

Yes you are right as Tsonga v Ferrer was a terrible match. I wanted Novak to win, but cannot fault Rafa's great play. Should be a walk over final and perhaps a tad boring. I would like Ferrer to win, although unlikely :) oh and please lord, let Serena win quickly, I cannot take Maria's groaning anymore. Roll on Queens & Wimbledon.

Yes you are right as Tsonga v Ferrer was a terrible match. I wanted Novak to win, but cannot fault Rafa's great play. Should be a walk over final and perhaps a tad boring. I would like Ferrer to win, although unlikely :) oh and please lord, let Serena win quickly, I cannot take Maria's groaning anymore. Roll on Queens & Wimbledon.

Yes tbh I wanted Novak to win too . Mens final is likely to be disappointing tbh and the ladies final serena will hammer maria , unless of course serena gets foot faulted :wonder:

I watched the ladies final on mute for obvious reasons! If I'm being honest I don't really like either player so I wasn't that bothered who won. As to the men's....would have preferred Novak to be a part of it as I'm not a lover of Rafa's style of play but I think the title will be heading his way now.

Men's semi was a classic and had me on the edge of my seat all the way through and it really could have gone either way but I'm obviously delighted my boy won. There did seem (to me) a feeling of inevitability in that match, even though it was very close I felt it in me water :wink: that Rafa would prevail and his joy at overcoming his biggest hurdle to his 8th title was infectious and I couldn't stop grinning with him. Go Rafa!!

I found the women's final a bore quite frankly and Shrieking Sharapova's noise got right on my pips so even though I can't stand the Williams brother I was quite pleased the banshee lost because like Busy I had it on mute for most of the match. The WTA keep talking about introducing some kind of penalty system for excessively noisy players and it's about time they got on with it.

Well it's almost time for the off!! Are we all sitting comfotably?? Looking forward to a competitive match because it's Ferrer's first time in a Slam final and he won't roll over like he did in their last meeting in Rome, this time he'll fight to the last point. However, Rafa will make history today I'm sure.

Well it was a big let down compared to the semi finals , Ferrer never stood a chance . Lets hope Wimbledon has a better final not long wot wait 2 weeks 2morrow :)

I was hoping Ferrer would have grabbed the third set to turn a mediocre match into something a bit more exciting even though Rafa would, as predicted, lift the Championship Trophy. Can't wait for Wimbledon to start after the British Grand Prix!

Latest posts

Back