What does your holiday wardrobe consist of?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Presenters are always banging on about "this..... will be ideal for your holidays" but they are rearly what I would wear on my holidays.

Bypassing the actual country you may visit and let's ignore the polyester effect are they the STYLE of clothes you wear when away?

For me daytime is crops and tops for sightseeing and linen trousers plus more "dressy" top or maxi dress for going for a meal and people watching at night.

Often they mention dresses which I would consider more office wear but maybe they have different holidays to me.

QVC style is not for me when on holiday. I am a creature of habit and pack cropped combats, flip flops, a black zip up hooded cardigan. A handful of pull on dresses, one nice dress, one pair of lightweight trousers, a couple of v neck tops. I have a swimsuit (not a bikini) and cover up with an oversized white cotton shirt that I bought in top shop about 10 years ago. I carry one kipling bag and tend to take only the jewellery I wear all the time and leave the good stuff at home. I pare down my make up to just bronzer, eyelid primer, mascara and lip gloss. I have only the lightest spritz of scent if I bother with perfume at all.

Pretty much all of my holiday clothes are fro Joe Browns. I wear leggings or crop trousers with vest tops and tunics, dresses in the evening with a cardie if it's chilly, sandals on my tootsies or sketchers pumps, none of my tops or dresses are from QVC, not holiday ones anyway. I do wear Tiana B dresses for work. I take one Kipling handbag and my big Joe Browns beach bag and my hair and make up are the same as always. Like WG I just wear the jewellery I travel in. I wish QVC would do some nice trendy affordable fashion, like Joe Browns.

I can't wear crops.sorry,I think they're the work of the devil! I do own some black linen ones if I have an important day at work and its 100 degrees outside but I keep them for desperation purposes only.

Back to the actual question I wear shorts and vests in the day and dresses or linen shorts or trousers in the evening.I generally in birkenstocks but have a couple of nude but glittery sandals for the evening.1 kipling beach bag and 1 kipling small cross body bag for evening.Simples :)

Well as I tend to holiday in the UK and Ireland my holiday clothes consist of most of my winter clothes this year.

Sweatshop chic from Primark. Only needs to fill the case on the way out; gets banged on a rock by the dobies and dried in the sun; then recycled as cleaner chic in whatever hotel I finally stay in. Empty case for holiday purchases.

anything but qvc really...now and again if a OTO i will buckle but my wardrobe from highstreet or other internet stores that have free post and package .....

I'm cabin luggage only nowadays so to travel I wear as many clothes as I can. A sleeveless dress with long sleeved T-shirt, cropped trousers, cardigan, scarf used as coverup on holiday and socks and merell sandals with a down hooded coat over the top. The coat doubles as a dressing gown as we holiday in southern Europe in the winter and whilst the weather is generally good in the daytime the hotels can be cold inside. Handbag is Le Sac.
In the rucksack I have a polyester Kim & co dress, a pair of birkis, 3 t-shirts, pair of leggings, thermal PJs, jewellery role, travel size of skincare, hairdryer, laura Geller b&b. Kindle and Nexus 7 in handbag

Nothing from Q in my suitcase I`m afraid. I`m one of those people who packs everything bar the kitchen sink. I use my full baggage allowance plus I often shove things into OH`s case too. After many many years you`d think I`d learn but nope, no way do I ever. Tops and shorts for daytime, loads of them. At least 3 swimsuits or bikinis. Half a dozen dresses for evening. Enough knickers to sink a battleship and that isn`t counting a first aid kit, ointments and tablets for everything from sunburn to mosquito bites, a kettle, 2 weeks worth of tea and coffee , 3 bottles of suncream and the usual toiletries. The only things I don`t take a lot of are shoes ( 1 pair of sandals and 1 pair of canvas wedges ) and makeup ( a lipgloss and mascara ) and no perfumes. I`m every baggage handlers nightmare.

I think I am Viennas holiday packing long lost twin. I pack everything I can. For 2 weeks there would be 6/7 pairs of shorts 10 vest tops, numerous other tops and blouses, 6 pairs of trousers or crops, several bikinis, cardis, many pairs of shoes and lots of bags. I also end up with stuff in OH's case and usually a holdall of bits and bobs too.

No matter how hard I try I always overpack and come home with tons of unworn items.

I totally over pack too! I would hate to be away and think if only I had brought that other dress or jeans etc. we are going away on Saturday and I do have a nina Leonard maxi and a Kim and co maxi dress not to mention the yong Kim tunic I am travelling in!

lots pretty tshirts ...cropped shorts /trousers..swimmy ....floaty type blouses for evening if in hot country....i didnt overpack this year which was quite liberating and i had plenty of things ....and enough room for souveneirs...nothing from qvc...:up::mysmilie_492:

Pair of shorts, swimsuit, half a dozen tee shirts or vest tops, a short dress for day, long dress for night a long sleeved shirt/kaftan and a pair of crop trousers, plus undies of course. Then a pair of trekker sandals and a pair of dressy flip flops, factor 50, sunhat, glasses and that's it. Some of my things are Q and some aren't. I've some nice kaftans I've had for years from QVC and still going strong.

Wear jeans to travel in, 2 pairs shorts, 1 pair cotton crops, 1 maxi skirt. Several different T shirts/tops, couple of tunic/kaftan tops (1 in cotton for day time sun cover up and a floaty style for evening), 1 maxi dress, light weight cardi, swimwear, undies, pretty flip flops, 1 pair comfy sight seeing wedges, sun hat, 1 hold-everything bag (this year will be a large crochet The Sak bag). Cheap and cheerful jewellery, sun block, after sun moisturiser, basic make up kit. Try to make everything mix and match so I can get two weeks' worth of different outfits out of that lot! What is it they say, you should take half the clothes and twice the money that you think you'll need!

If we go abroad, which isn't very often, it's mainly 'low' season for sightseeing, or related to OH's work, so comfy shoes, jeans, linen trousers and tops, light waterproof, fleece etc. Don't swim or lounge, so no swimwear at all. This country, pretty much the same (usually stay in a cottage) plus wellies, bigger coats and dog stuff. Tend to pack less for overseas than I do for UK, as you can throw all manner of things into the car! Nothing from QVC except, a few years ago, my original pair of Birkenstocks, which the dog chewed when he was a pup :sun:

Nowt from Qmarni I can tell you, although I am often tempted by Rinnie Nicole and Tiana B dresses for work. all the holiday stuff looks like it would cling to you for fear of death as soon as it saw the sun!. I travel in either skirt/trousers and tshirt , have shorts and vest tops for day time, swim stuff and cover up but then I have my " posh stuff" for night time because we go on cruises. My problem is what shoes to take. We cruised from the Uk a few years ago so not real baggage to worry about. Much to everyone's amazement and humour I had packed 15 pairs of shoes:giggle:

The things I might take from QVC would be two cotton sun frocks from casual & co. The first one was bought in clearance and the other was full price. Great for daytime mooching or evening.

Or an oversized kaftan from Michele Hope to chuck over a swimsuit. Or a Kim & Co maxi but that's more dressy so it depends where I'm going really.

I pack light. Well I think I do.

As a family of 4 we always distribute each family-member's packing across 4 cases in case one goes missing so that no one is left without anything to wear. The past few hols we've stayed at Insotels which always have a washing machine room and I've quite often done most of my holiday washing the day before we return because it all dries so quickly and clean stuff packs flatter, plus I don't have a mountain of laundry when we get home.
I have many pairs of Birkenstocks but each holiday I take a pair to wear most of the time, even in the sea, and then sacrifice them at the end of the holiday and don't bring them back. I find that I can't part with them at home so the scruffiest pair gets left behind. I've dumped other clothing as well if I'm not likely to wear it at home or on other holidays.

It has always irritated me that QVC 'assumes' that we all go on the same sort of holiday! My idea of hell would be lounging by a pool and suffering extreme heat, and having to dress up. Each to their own, how about some jazzy wellies or decent walking boots???:thinking:

:rock:
As a family of 4 we always distribute each family-member's packing across 4 cases in case one goes missing so that no one is left without anything to wear. The past few hols we've stayed at Insotels which always have a washing machine room and I've quite often done most of my holiday washing the day before we return because it all dries so quickly and clean stuff packs flatter, plus I don't have a mountain of laundry when we get home.
I have many pairs of Birkenstocks but each holiday I take a pair to wear most of the time, even in the sea, and then sacrifice them at the end of the holiday and don't bring them back. I find that I can't part with them at home so the scruffiest pair gets left behind. I've dumped other clothing as well if I'm not likely to wear it at home or on other holidays.

thats what we do too with sharing cases...cant remember where i got the advice from but invaluable...and dumping clothing ...loving all the tips on here:rock:

Latest posts

Back