Want an eek tennis bracelet?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thats nothing compared to the platinum ones

but OMG read the question on the page of that bracelet and i quote

"Is this price correct?

This has been advertised as a simulated diamonique tennis bracelet is the decimal point in the correct place as I cannot believe the price point on this piece of jewellery please confirm the price.
Age 45-54
How long have you been shopping with QVC? 2-5 years
1 year, 10 months ago by stargazygal - West Midlands"

Apologies to everyone who likes this eek range but I feel it's so overpriced....it's no better than cubic zirconia in my opinion which can be bought for a fraction of the cost.

Gone are the days you could buy eek set in solid gold for around £50. I have a small amount of Eek- only one white gold piece from years ago bought in clearance. The rest is a couple of silver rings (the Alison young one and another I wore instead of my engagement ring when pregnant). I have an Ascher cut solitaire pendant- Epiphany- also £11 in last clicks, and some last clicks eek studs. The piece I wear all the time though is an OTO stretch bracelet from the Eternal range. I wear it every single day with my watch.

I bought a gold eek over 10?12? years ago as my engagement ring was severly broken and being mended.It cost £50 on two easy payments....its laughable now really when you see the prices.

I have a few pieces of eek...I do actually like eek.....I love a bit of bling...but like everything at QVC its all the same stuff all the time going up in price all the time!!!

I'm sorry who would pay £629 for a bit of eek?? You could get some really nice proper jewellery for that....

I like eek...but only at almost throwaway prices...

I bought a gold eek over 10?12? years ago as my engagement ring was severly broken and being mended.It cost £50 on two easy payments....its laughable now really when you see the prices.

I have a few pieces of eek...I do actually like eek.....I love a bit of bling...but like everything at QVC its all the same stuff all the time going up in price all the time!!!

I'm sorry who would pay £629 for a bit of eek?? You could get some really nice proper jewellery for that....

I like eek...but only at almost throwaway prices...

My sentiments entirely RD - eek... but only at almost throwaway prices - otherwise I would feel a mug paying so much for costume jewellry.
BTW talking of bling I saw a really blingy keyring at a house I was visiting at the weekend. Didn't find out who it belonged to but it was a white background with diamantee studs - bit like a diamantee dog or cat collar.

My sentiments entirely RD - eek... but only at almost throwaway prices - otherwise I would feel a mug paying so much for costume jewellry.
BTW talking of bling I saw a really blingy keyring at a house I was visiting at the weekend. Didn't find out who it belonged to but it was a white background with diamantee studs - bit like a diamantee dog or cat collar.

A really lovely key ring I saw was an owl in Sainsburys in yellow or white "gold" subtly blingy. If I didn't have an enormous amount already I would have bought one.

As I remarked in another thread, why would anyone pay this kind of money to wear paste set in a precious metal when, for less money, one could purchase genuine gemstones and precious metals? This is why we rarely see diamonique set in 14ct gold; people who know their jewellery are wising up. If one is buying it because of the cost of real diamonds, go for a gemstone like white topaz or zircon, which is a mined gemstone. Even £63 for a silver tennis bracelet is over the top, imo.

I'd prefer that kind of money to spend in Tiffanys! It won't get you much but it would get you a nice piece of jewellery!!

if I fancy a piece of jewellery I always look in Next, M&S or Debenhams (our branch has lovely "fashion" jewellery). I know they don't use gold but some pieces are very tasteful and resemble fine jewellery. Some are more fun design - I've got bits of both.

I'm sure you could find something in gold (no eeek) for £629 on the dreaded high street

Gulp yes it is a bit pricey but I have a confession to make. After Weather girl said she had the Alison Young ring which I'd always been tempted to buy, I went to read the reviews on QVC and as my size was sold out, I found a new one on eBay for £58 including postage which I bought. The only thing I still want and refuse to buy is a Lola rose scarf - next thing I'll be buying it.

Gulp yes it is a bit pricey but I have a confession to make. After Weather girl said she had the Alison Young ring which I'd always been tempted to buy, I went to read the reviews on QVC and as my size was sold out, I found a new one on eBay for £58 including postage which I bought. The only thing I still want and refuse to buy is a Lola rose scarf - next thing I'll be buying it.

Did you go 2 or 3 sizes up ILS? I needed to return the first one I bought as they are very small fitting.

I got a Lola Rose beige scarf with birds on it from Amazon it's gorgeous and much cheaper than Q.

No way ever would I pay anywhere near that price for eek. Its silly money for what is basically little more than glass. It might be set in gold but the scrap value of the actual gold in the bracelet would be nowhere near that price and they`d simply bin the stones. Eek is eek, whichever way they try to dress it and I`ve seen equally nice costume jewellery in Debenhams, Marks and other shops for a fraction of the price they charge for eek these days.

Did you go 2 or 3 sizes up ILS? I needed to return the first one I bought as they are very small fitting.

I got a Lola Rose beige scarf with birds on it from Amazon it's gorgeous and much cheaper than Q.
I went 1 size up for one hand which meant it is 2 sizes up for the other hand. I have very long fingers so hopefully it will fit one hand.
I will go look for the Lola rose on amazon. An early Christmas present perhaps? I like to wear a scarf with summer dresses to keep the sun off my neck and shoulders

I got a Lola Rose scarf in the January sales from House of Fraser. Think it was either £33 or £35. Down from £55. The Lola Rose website also had some scarves in the sale at the same time at similar prices. I love my two LR scarves (one was a gift) but I'm really not sure I would pay full price.

They're having a laugh surely?

Hasn't the AY ring rocketed in price?
£77 now, I'm certain I paid about £44 for it.

Latest posts

Back