Opi tsv 17/6/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's better - THANK YOU.
I doubt I'll get any as I have most of it.
I can HIGHLY recommend the Bond Girls Liquid sands - I have them all and they are Fantastic - I didn't think I would like them but I was wrong. I have the pink on now and it is lovely.

I can HIGHLY recommend the Bond Girls Liquid sands - I have them all and they are Fantastic - I didn't think I would like them but I was wrong. I have the pink on now and it is lovely.

Curious about the Liquid Sands, are they as hard to remove as glitter or easier please?

I normally always get the OPI TSV but I'm thinking even I can resist this time. It looks sooooo much like a Christmas TSV I can't believe they have made that selection of colours in June...?!? Weird! LOL!

I do like OPI, but agree they are not doing themselves any favours with this selection, good value though it is. Is that Lincoln Park After Dark again?!

Hi Anso,
They are not as hard as glitter to remove but they do still need a bit of persistance. I use one of those spongy pots (a bit like the nails inc one but mine is a much cheaper bousjoir one) and I just press it against the sponge for a minute to let it soak in and then twist away and it's fine. I suppose the foil trick would work just as well.
Ange

It gets worse - I think he is doing a whole beauty show one sunday midday like Debbie F and Pipa have.

Hi Anso,
They are not as hard as glitter to remove but they do still need a bit of persistance. I use one of those spongy pots (a bit like the nails inc one but mine is a much cheaper bousjoir one) and I just press it against the sponge for a minute to let it soak in and then twist away and it's fine. I suppose the foil trick would work just as well.
Ange

Sounds great! Thanks for the info. I have both pots you mentioned. And the mini liquid sands set from OPI (just got it at the weekend so have not had time to try it yet).

Just tried a remover pot with some glitter polish and it was soooo much easier than normal method. Okay so it might have taken me 1-2 mins for a nail but that's nothing compared to the normal time, tugging and scrubbing for glitter LOL! Keeping that remover pot for glitters only now :)

Curious about the Liquid Sands, are they as hard to remove as glitter or easier please?

I normally always get the OPI TSV but I'm thinking even I can resist this time. It looks sooooo much like a Christmas TSV I can't believe they have made that selection of colours in June...?!? Weird! LOL!

Just as easy to remove as normal nail polish, just hold and wipe, no need for tin foil! I love the liquid sands, the one in the TSV, from Couture de Minnie is beautiful, I got it with the rest of the Couture de Minnie collection earlier this week.

My money is safe with this TSV. Also really disappointed in the purple case, was hoping it was going to be a brighter purple, it looks navy/black on the website.

I am not going to go for the tsv either. I like bright colours and this just isn't doing it for me. I do think that OPI have got a bit dull with their TSV's lately. Hopefully there will be some sets to tempt me during the day - I don't know what it is about nail varnish but I find it so hard to resist. I dread to think how many bottles I have.

Is the finish a bit like the Nails Inc concretes - ie dimply/textured and not high gloss, not matte either?

Hi Andik,

I'm not familiar withe the nails inc one but Liquid sand is not gloss (but if you put lots on top coat on it can make it gloss and completely change the look of the polish). It is a textured matte I would say but they do have varying degrees of "shimmer" to them. I have the pink (Pussy galore - LOL) on at the moment and it has the tiniest flecks of pink shimmer in. The gold (Honey ryder had more shimmer). Overall I LOVE them and they have staying power but are easier to remove than glitters.
Ange

Hi Andik,

I'm not familiar withe the nails inc one but Liquid sand is not gloss (but if you put lots on top coat on it can make it gloss and completely change the look of the polish). It is a textured matte I would say but they do have varying degrees of "shimmer" to them. I have the pink (Pussy galore - LOL) on at the moment and it has the tiniest flecks of pink shimmer in. The gold (Honey ryder had more shimmer). Overall I LOVE them and they have staying power but are easier to remove than glitters.
Ange

Sounds interesting. Something new for me. I was thinking I would give this next TSV a miss but I will tune in and see it on air for the liquid sand. Thanks, Beakerange.

The TSV is just showing as sold out.
Can you tell me what's in it please?

Here are some photos of liquid sands on nails (mine and my daughter's) I do have the red but can't find the photo sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_4579.jpg
    IMG_4579.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5014.jpg
    IMG_5014.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_5020.jpg
    IMG_5020.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 198
Is the finish a bit like the Nails Inc concretes - ie dimply/textured and not high gloss, not matte either?

It is textured, but not as much as Nail Inc Concrete which I found snagged on clothing etc. The majority of the OPI ones (I have all of them) have a nice shimmer through them, there's a couple of them with stars and chunky glitter in them too and they create a lovely effect when dry. You can put a top coat over them, but don't do it immediately after applying the liquid sand as it won't dry, you are better to leave it a couple of hours or even until the next day, but be prepared to apply many coats until you get a glossy finish.

It is textured, but not as much as Nail Inc Concrete which I found snagged on clothing etc. The majority of the OPI ones (I have all of them) have a nice shimmer through them, there's a couple of them with stars and chunky glitter in them too and they create a lovely effect when dry. You can put a top coat over them, but don't do it immediately after applying the liquid sand as it won't dry, you are better to leave it a couple of hours or even until the next day, but be prepared to apply many coats until you get a glossy finish.

Thanks. I am definitely going to take a look at midnight. And thanks for the tip about not top-coating straight away. I sometimes do my nails in the evening but finish next morning anyway so will remember to do so if I get a liquid sand.

Latest posts

Back